Livestream Preview: Game Update 94

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Tarif Committed Player

No, thats not whats been implemented on test, or thats planned. You will get the bare minimum source mark and the alternative box, if you are out of cr relevance now, no more episode specific currency rewards. Much like how you dont get marks of victory now.

They are making older episode specific currency into source marks, and they have stated the plan was to have these source marks cr relevant. Im telling you, if it happens the way its planned now, Its lose lose.
  2. DanXVII Committed Player

I have been using those skins on my characters of those ethnicities for years, I thought it was pretty blatant what they were. You need to own your own arrogant statement.
  3. DanXVII Committed Player

It's in the filenames themselves I believe.

EDIT: Not actually sure on the order.
  4. C3alix Committed Player

If you've ran any of the older content within the last 2 years, you'll notice plenty of MoV still drop at a decent rate, especially in those annoying loot boxes. But if you're expecting to get 75-100 marks a day without replays, then that's your problem.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh...I own it. But I don't see how someone not being able to tell the subtle difference and now they have made the differences more defined and evident....vs just naming them plainly is an "arrogant' request or comment. There are differences in people's general facial makeup that are sometimes associated with ethnic traits. They obviously realize this, therefore the overhaul. Why not name them plainly? They could have done this for the 'classic' skins as well.

Methinks someone is a bit to 'triggered' by comments. Own that.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Features are just features. These skins are modelled after specific ethnicities, but on a personal basis not all Caucasians look like the "default Caucasian", not all Africans look like the "default African", not all Asians look like the "default Asian". If you just so happen to fall into a specific niche and is comfortable in it, good for you! But there is no need to play up the differences that forces others into a box of expectations. Each skin is capable of representing anyone as they handle it.
  7. Tarif Committed Player

No, my problem is what Im typing. Since episode specific currencys started, it gave us incentive to still remain more active to run older content, even after mark of victory cr relevancy ended. Its what episode specific currency was designed for. For us to have incentive, and to remain rewarded for runninig older content.

By taking this away, they take away how active we are. Its happened before, and older content still to this day never has recovered when they enacted cr relevancy. It turned out pc servers into damn near a ghost town.

Most players never wanted, and still do not want cr relevancy. Episode specific currency made things a little better. They were never designed to have a cr relevancy alloted to them. Thats not why I bought episodes or pay for membership every month.

Your also wrong about how many marks of victory still plentiful drop. You will get what, 1 or 2? Thats plentiful to you? I pay for episodes, to have access to them, and to their rewards for running content. Not to have rewards constantly taken from us and get less and less. Its going too far. This is a horrible idea, to take something like this even further, and far too many of us dont want it anymore.
    • Like x 3
  8. C3alix Committed Player

Test server is getting 8-13 per raid for cr relevance and 5-8 per raid beyond cr relevance. I'm currently able to EASILY gain 30 MoV a day just from running older content on the regular server pugging and queing. And by day, i mean within 2 hours of being bored. I have no idea where you get 1 to 2 from, especially since I can burn through 60 marks a week with maybe 3 hours of play time outside of my league.
    This doesn't include the boxes either.
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Thank you to the art team for finally updating some basic human skin, the ethnic touches are appreciated.
    Also the HD textures.
  10. Darth Jafo Well-Known Player

What they should do is make older content gear CR equivalent to whatever our CR is when we run it. At least to a point, obviously running Area 51 at cr 200 shouldn't give a boost..unless of course they upscaled the content to match us, within a few points at least.

Although, I'm all for this because getting older content to pop on Xbox at least is a trial itself. If I can run current content to more easily afford the styles that I cant get because nothing ever pops, then so be it.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

30 MoV a day in a few hours of non-relevant content? I'd like to see the math in that. Maybe 1 day doing Gates/Paradox/Nexus/FOS3 where you can get in quick and have the high amount of loot choosers.....but what about day 2?

Now, admittedly I have not logged into test to see this for myself, but going strictly off of what we've seen from pre Ep 27 loot, a raid is basically 1 mark from the chooser screen and MAYBE 1 mark from the alternate rewards box...and that's normally about 1 out of 10...so not 1 per raid. Except for those few 4-5 'boss' raids, there are typically 3 loot choosers for the 3 boss fights, so 3 marks per raid with maybe a lucky 4th from an alt rewards box, so how you are getting 5-8 per out of CR raid is interesting to me. Are they upping the chooser to maybe '3 marks' on the marks choice...or maybe 'marks' and you then get a random number 1-5 or something? Same with the alt rewards box....did they start giving the choice on the box as well, so every box is a mark you can count on, or is it still just a random drop?

And raid loot isn't really all of the discussion. Currently I know most people do not run the older raids, but they do go in and knock out the high mark weeklies. Starro for example, In 10 min I can go down and knock out the radio antenna Starros, Applied Science, Giant Starro and even the 329 if there is a good group doing it (ok...maybe +10 min for 329), and walk away with 32 marks to spend on Starro auras or some missing style pieces. Assuming you could even get INTO the 2 raids, it might take 40-60 min to get your 20 marks (currently)....This is why on a Thursday after reset you'll see 20-30 people down in Starro area, but you won't be able to find 8 people to run TTB or SS. Those high mark weeklies will now drop 1 alt rewards box....so MAX 1 mark...anyone going out to kill the giant starro for 1 mark?....I'm not....waste of time. Same for E3 bounty/36-18/303...it's a batch of 'quick' marks so people still run it...sure you can get a PANE group due to the cape drop, but how about Escape? Get a lot of runs for that do you? I don't see it shouted for on LFG today....I doubt the demand will go up after 94.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  12. Xibo Loyal Player

I just think they should make these source marks account bound.
  13. Tygerfyre Committed Player

I'm still not sure why they just don't leave us with the same overall number of marks you get today.

If I run Olympus today, I get 10 Anicent Coins because I am out of relevancy. Those 10 Ancient Coins will become 10 Source Marks when the cutover happens.

Why should I suddenly get 1-2 from bosses and nothing else after next week? I am not expecting to get 20 Source Marks that would be the equivalent of today's 10 MoV + 10 Ancient Coins, but surely I should still get the same quantity of reward that I get today.

For that matter, what are people IN relevancy going to be getting? 10, or 20? If 10, they're getting the shaft too, unless you're planning on cutting all vendor prices in half.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Worth repeating: one million minus one is the cap on source marks.
    • Like x 2
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Thanks....Yes I saw that. Feast or famine I guess. I did add it up, I've got about 1900 marks to combine, so I guess no worries going over 1 million any time soon.

Reinheld
  16. Kripecto New Player

have a problem on the test server? I'm trying to call but the game stops on the connecting screen and does not go to the character screen even though the sound of the character screen can be heard
  17. GothamKnight38 Active Player

When does the update hit the live server?
    • Like x 1
  18. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I was about to ask the same.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

TBD, but likely May 1.
    • Like x 2
  20. Athéna37 New Player

When a fix for pc crash report ? because i have again today twice in 2hours playing ? Shazam have bug too in SG no fixed or sadly fixed like every fix you did . there was a fix who have fixed what ? then wait since new dlc is online ? server is down everyday 1hour its so hard to make a proprely update ? For doing **** like put sc elec 100% now elec heal dont use sc because its too long maybe you need to play to the game sometimes to see how play with what you did and what you never fixed. With all money we put in this pay to win game you can do a fix proprely once please ?