Test server launcher error please install visual studio 2017

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Snowy OwI, Apr 19, 2019.

1. an81angel Well-Known Player

Thanks this worked for me. Much appreciated.
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea when I do this I’ll then get a “The program can’t start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem “

Fixes when it relaunches, just won’t let me launch when I follow your directions :(
  3. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

installing a update for visual studio 2017 now!
    [IMG]
    this may take some time :eek:
  4. Spyeedy Active Player

Geoforce, the method said by Mepps does not work for you?

5. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

nope it does not i deleted the launchmefirst file and and tried agian it told me to install vc2017
    here is a pic of the said error:
    [IMG]
    gives me tht error!
    the installer is nearly complete:
    [IMG]
    will post a update once it is installed the update.. and if i get any other error message when trying to launch
  6. Spyeedy Active Player

Let the launcher run first
    Then before clicking on the "Play" button, delete the "LaunchMeFirst.exe" file.
    After deleting the file, press "Play" to launch the game.

Perhaps you weren't following in this order, hence, it did not work for you. If it doesn't work, then idk.
  7. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i did what you said in tht said order and i got this:
    [IMG]
    thank you it worked
  8. Spyeedy Active Player

No problem! Glad it worked out fine!
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Apperently my vc2017 version was not the newest version so when I installed the new one it worked but why dosen't live launcher complain about it also? it's jus the test server launcher who did this.
  10. Spyeedy Active Player

Might be due to the new update :shrug:
    • Like x 1
  11. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i for know that when this hits live lots of people gonna have issues if they are not computer savy and have no idea what visual studio is!
    hopefully it autoruns a update for visual studio like meeps said it should have auto run but it did not for me. can this auto run of the update be looked at and make sure it updates the visual studio right after the update before you press play?
  12. Revafall Well-Known Player

I'm pretty sure this whole problem with this is that a dev accidently forgot to remove this LaunchMeFirst file before uploading the game patch onto the test server... I have used Visual Studio for webdevelopment and it looks like a file a dev made while working on the game patch to make it open something in Visual Studio before opening the game.
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

anybody know where the patcher is? i'm also experiencing this issue.
  14. Zamara Dedicated Player

I think i found a fix, had the same issue, without uninstalling anything all i did was download the test server setup again, run it and it installs the VC2017 version it needs. when it first starts running it looked like it was downloading everything again, checked the game directory and everything was there still so i closed it, opened it again, it started to check the files that were there still and after that it finally let me in.
    So all you have to do is download it from here http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/DCUO_Test_setup.exe
    Let it install the software it needs, wait for the launcher to open, log in if it asks you to.
    When it starts to download close the launcher and open it again, it should verify your files and be ready to play.
  15. Luke© Well-Known Player

I dont know why, but my virus scanner is telling me several times, daybreak's giving me a virus :(
    https://imgur.com/a/gaT5BTc
    Any1 else had that problem?
  16. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I got this error when trying to run the game as well. I just did a quick Google search for the vc2017 runtime package on the Microsoft site, installed it, restarted my computer, and voila! The game loaded no problem.
  17. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

So far this working for me, yay, ty :D
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In the future, this redist will be required to run DCUO (it is required to run most games these days). The patcher should be installing it for you if you are missing it, but it is (apparently) not. We are investigating.
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you happen to be in this state still for test, please don't manually install the redist (and instead follow the workaround above). That way, when we fix this, we'll be able to confirm that it worked for you.
  20. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

OMG! i thought it was just me. I am having the same exact problem