Solo Iconics

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Eve YouTuber

Just tested on test server, and noticed that the animation in the solo Iconics shows the new models of Wonder Woman and Circe, but when going out of animation, back to old Models. Was it intentional? Are we going to be able to play as them?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I guess they just didn't switch the model for the player-wielding one, maybe they'll need to make another character to switch.
    I'd love to use the new models across all Legends content!
    • Like x 2
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I would assume that we will not be able to play using the new models. They said before that they can't just pop a new skin on an existing playable Legends character - the character has to basically be programmed all over again from scratch, which is why none of the Legends PVP characters got skin updates when the NPC versions were remodeled.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Going from the patch notes it was intentional. They state that the new models are everywhere in the game except for Legends, and since the Wonder Woman and Circe we use in those missions are Legends characters they probably get switched from the new model to the old model used for Legends.
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why it wasn't done. Surely they just need to rig the new models to use the current animations ?
    • Like x 1
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Apparently it's not that easy. They said way back when when they released a few new Batman Legends characters for the 75th anniversary that each of them had to be fully programmed one by one, they couldn't just drop the new skins onto the already existing Batman Legends characters.
    I'm not a developer of any kind so I can't speak to this from first hand experience, I'm just relaying what they've said in the past.