Source marks episodes 27-31 question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jade Rebel, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

How will these work for characters past the cr relevancy? Cuz before we would lose out on MoV once out of range and get we would still get the special currency instead. But if the special currency getting removed and source marks taking place of MoV, will we get some source marks now or what? Thanks for reading
    • Like x 2
  2. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

You will be getting the source marks in the new content as well as future and all content.
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

But does that mean cr lockouts will still be a thing? I didn’t hear them say if there will be or not, but currently it’ll be source marks up to everything to episode 31. Eventually newer content will be source marks. The cap is pretty high, but never hurts to ask :)
  4. Valzod52 New Player

Right now before Episode 27 you get an "Alternate Reward" box which has prestige and/or a style piece I think? So I was assuming something similar.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The most recent content will continue to have individual currency. We'll have notes up shortly.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I get that crystal clear, just feeling like you guys are going to make 27-31 more dead if you remove the out of cr relevancy reward(special currency) and not have a new system in place to reward those players. That’s all I’m asking, don’t wanna get annoyed to soon without seeing it.
    • Like x 3
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It’s worth noting that some will be running older content now to work toward quark vendor items (Source Marks converting to quarks 4 to 1).
    • Like x 2
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

True, I’m just talking on getting less rewarded, if there is no new system for out of cr relevancy players. So it might not be dead-dead, but probably enough to turn some away
    • Like x 2
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is definitely a point that the 'cast seemed remarkably unclear about: what do we now get as rewards for episodes out of relevancy?

Do we get Source Marks, or because Source Marks are replacing recent currencies, once we're playing these now out-of-relevancy episodes, does that mean we get only the "Alternate Reward" box?

Because if so, I have to agree that that's a terrible idea. But it's not at all clear (to me, at least), what we will or won't be getting when we play out-of-relevancy under the new plan.

Mepps? Clarification, please?
    • Like x 3
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

27-31 will transition from currency + marks to marks + alternate reward box.
    • Like x 3
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for the prompt clarification!

My only problem with these preview webcasts is that I'm immediately super-impatient to get the new stuff into the game ASAP.

Yeah, I know, not testing first would be disastrous. I didn't say my desire was rational.

Y'all need to stop broadcasting red kryptonite radiation during the previews. Look what it does to the commenters.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yeah, that was weird. I'm not sure why I thought the red kryptonite was a good idea.
    • Like x 4
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Mepps after today’s red kryptonite exposure:

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  14. Pinky Well-Known Player

Hi could you point me to the timestamp in the video where it was said that "Source Marks converting to quarks 4 to 1"? Thanks.
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I watched it live, but looks like they cut off the last part of the stream in the YouTube replay. Probably didn’t want to highlight that they were unable to find the new easy to locate mega vendor they were talking about.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tarif Committed Player

All Im reading is that you Devs think its a good idea to now take away these older episodes specific marks, for the items, gear, and episode specific collections, as they were made, from us, since we will now be cr irrelevant.

In case you havnt noticed, there is quite a lot of negative feedback on these forums and in game about this. WE DO NOT WANT you to take episode specific marks, and turn them all into cr relevant ONLY source marks, so we will no longer receive rewards that many of us still grind for gear, collections, and vendor items that we can resell in our in game economy.

This is little more than garbage to me Mepps, taking more and more from us from episodes that we are constantly paying for in the first place every month with our membership price. How is this suppose to keep active players logged into the game? Are some of you in the office trying to figure out ways to get us to have nothing left to do daily, so that we do log off??? Its seeming like that.

Episode specific marks gave us incentive to run older content, and to be rewarded to do so, many feats, gear, collections, or re-sellable items from episode specific vendors ARE WHY we do so every day and every week. Its LITERALLY WHY WE ARE SO ACTIVE, and now thats being stripped from us? This is a horrible idea!

So now theres no need to pay for monthly memberships? We can either pay a minimal amount for the new episode when it drops, or even better, We can play your free give away version when content comes out, gear up, since you are lessoning our incentives any and rewards EVEN FURTHER from our membership as paying customers from older content anyway. Got it. Loud and clear. I aint going, neither is my money, for real.

You might want to read the forums a little more, no one seems to want this, the ones that see it coming anyways. The others are people questioning whats actually happening and dont realize the full effects this will have, since you keep saying they will get source mark rewards ((ONLY IF THEY ARE IN CR RELEVANCY!)) and you keep saying they will still get a reward box.

This is not a good idea. This takes less from us as customers. LEAVE EPISODE SPECIFIC CURRENCY REWARDS ALONE. The specific rewards we can continue to earn are why WE PAY for our memberships or buy the episodes in the first place!
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

They're doing this while I still have 23 Marks of Influence I haven't been able to use for years. *heavy sigh*
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

You’ll still get source marks from the content and be able to use source marks to buy the episode specific gear and “stuff”

You’ll actually be able to farm outside of specific episodes and help work on earning those higher priced rewards. It’s streamlining the old, but “newer” episodes making them all worth it to play.

...this is my understanding :)
  19. Hostileca New Player

Not exactly, source marks will be CR relevant, so for players like me, CR272, then marks will only drops in Atlantis and Chaos Gotham, while all the previous content will only drop alternate reward boxes, with a slight change of getting a mark, this will just increase the grind, either making it far longer to get all the items from previous content, or force us to use replay badges and repeat atlantis/chaos gothem content over and over. Neither options are good. This is the reason I stopped playing after GU47, I came back 2 months ago, and they are doing it again.
    • Like x 1
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

Ah, phoey *kicks rock*