The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Various comic wiki sites such as Comic Vine, DC Database, and Wikipedia. Cross-referenced to try and get as much accurate info as possible and to make sure things check out. That's what I could gather from them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, that's totally bogus! The Devs are just bound & determined to keep us from ever getting that one easily!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That sounds stupid, The Big Red Cheese was never called SHAZAM, it was only his books that were changed
  4. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

• Like x 4
  5. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I don't agree with it either, I'll still call them by their original classic names as well. But, it is what it is sadly.
  6. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

That all changed right before the Nu 52 Era. There was a story where the original wizard Shazam died, and Billy Batson became the NEW Shazam. He changed his name to Shazam, and donned a white costume, instead of his traditional red. He also had long, white, wizardly hair.

[IMG]

That was back around 2006. Then, when the Nu 52 reboot happened in September 2011, Billy Batson went back to an (updated 21st Century version of) his classic red costume (the basis for the new Style Set in-game,) but DC Comics kept his superhero name as Shazam. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  8. Warhawk Well-Known Player

In the late 2000s, when Billy replaced the wizard and took on a white costume and the name of "Marvel", he commanded the various magical abilities once owned by the wizard. However, he was required to remain on the Rock of Eternity and could only be away from it for 24 hours at a time.[132]

Since the 2011 reboot, Shazam's powers have been slightly altered. Speaking the magic word "Shazam" does not cause a transformation if Billy does not want it to, and can be used to cast magic spells other than the transformation.[99] He can share his magical powers and bestow unique powers onto members of his family, "family" in this case extending to chosen and foster relations, without weakening himself.[133] Shazam also demonstrates the ability to use magic in as-yet-unexplored ways, on one occasion using it to conjure items
    • Like x 2
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Had some Quarks built up, so I picked up the Void material for my progression villain and came up with this as a first draft of sorts.

[IMG]

That's Negative Speed Force on the feet, waist, hands and face.

And after coming up with this when I got the Superman anniversary emblem (yes, it's a repost)...

[IMG]

...I used that as the basis for another outfit after getting the Batman anniversary emblem.

[IMG]

Totally lucked out on the Batsignal in the background, too. :D
    • Like x 4
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

That... sounds even worse: they have basically removed all limitations and weaknesses
    Let's give a rousing round for the talents of the DC writers *chirrup-chirrup*
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Tried about 10+ pages of chest styles, not all are glossy like the Metalhead gloves, butt they all look black... except for the Reverse Slimline

Do have one character who has the 000000 Hex and the RS looks black, just something about the 010000 doesn't seem to work with RS
  12. SBShuffle001 New Player

13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks. Unfortunately, there isn't a green Material that would have the appropriate look for Ragman, so I'll just have to skip it. :oops:
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tweaked some things.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Imagine if you will, a dark HellBoy.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. darth_paul Dedicated Player

My latest updates to "Arbok Commander" to make him look more like the real "Cobra Commander" that he's based on. Found a hood and mask combo that I can use to replicate his metal mask, and also a shoulder style that I like well enough to give him his military epaulets, on his standard blue costume. For the black version, I reversed the gold of the epaulets and the silver of the faceplate, along with going for a different chest style to change it up a bit. However, this shirt doesn't allow for any logo placement, so I got the belt from the Kryptonian capsule and applied his "Cobra" insignia to it as an alternative.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. GL4ever Well-Known Player

Yeah. It was Freddy Freeman that ended up going by Shazam during that period, in Trials of Shazam, I believe.
    • Like x 3
  17. GL4ever Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Wish there was a better waist style, but it was either this or Druid, and I hate the amulet thing that hang off that one, sooo...

May tweak the colors a bit into black and white for a bit as a tribute to Tom Tyler.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. GL4ever Well-Known Player

[IMG] Heh heh heh
    • Like x 6
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Have you considered the Formal waist? Except, that has a jewel in the center
  20. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

looks pretty good!
    I see you went with the Blood Bat Boots instead of the Clean Cuffed ones
    • Like x 1