Test Discussion Episode 34: Claw of Aelkhünd - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    I'm wondering if the Claw of Aelkhund is interacting correctly with the Entwined Rings of Azar.

With the Claw of Aelkhund and Entwined Rings of Anzar equipped while not in a group, my base Health is 70253. If I use my Group Power Buff, it increases to 73234.

If I invite someone to group with me, I should expect to see a minor Health boost. The Claw of Aelkhund provides a 3% Vitalization buff for each member in the party. Entwined Rings of Anzar provides a Health equal to 18% of your Vitalization. So I should expect to see a minor boost.

Well if I invite someone to the group and use my Group Weapon Buff, my Health is 73234.

So I feel like something isn't working properly here.
    • Like x 1
  2. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

Have you checked the numbers and seen if it's base vit the Rings go off of and not total for giving health? I never played with those artifacts mathematically so idk.
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I only entered on the villain said to help check that out but might need to get a hero back in play.

Penryn- I'm curious how this artifact would work in an alert as opposed to using the role buff that comes from having No Controller in a group.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

The boosted Power over Time should work better than the roleless buff. The only issue is that you have to be wearing for Controller gear to do that and Controllers are the least useful class in 4 man content. For the new alert, you're probably better off remaining as DPS unless you are going in with a pre-built group/strategy.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I'm hoping Batuba can provide some answers on how things are supposed to work.

The rules seem inconsistent at the moment. The group Vitalization buff seems to work ok with Parasite's Power Harness. I was seeing minor improvements to the Power pool stat based on the number of group members.
    • Like x 2
  6. Carilee Active Player

just did FOA raid as 258 quantum troller with 250 sp. used this new troller artifact + parasites + amulet of rao all at 160. dr fate was completed without a troller as I died to the eye while searching for the reagent so no feedback there other than they were able to 6 man the boss without a troll. on faust/Klarion I used this for the first 1/2 of the fight but had to swap it out for scrap because I could not replenish the healer fast enough. there were also a couple of power hungry dps that I couldn't keep powered up. once I switched to the scrap power became a non issue. I can see this may be good in a two troll setup which isn't the meta, it is also good for group while clearing adds. I think, possibly to encourage more two troll setups, maybe increase the bonuses so the group can stomach the loss of a dps. also if you do use this you will also want to flurry shot because you have a lot of down time when you use your powers because you only need to hit the power dump once every 12 seconds and your buffs every 6 seconds
  7. Terri Ashra Committed Player

Wouldnt work. Precision doesn't need as much power. Itd have to be tied to super power usage and affected targets. What you described is basically just allowing power return for people using weapons with superpower specs but that's hybrid or precision anyway
  8. Brav Well-Known Player

I think that sounds interesting and may work. He is saying to have an additional pot tick on top of the artifacts normal pot increase. Since this buffs others stats including damage it can give additional power back for each attack during the buffs duration.

Similar to the demons fang ( is based on % of resto) but it can restore extra power back to the group as well instead of just a personal power back return. It can be only during a certain amount of attacks and based on a percentage of a particular stat (vit will be ideal as a troll) while the buff is active each time.

This additional effect can start off as only extra ticks for the groups 3 most fatigued members and maybe at a higher rank it can increase for additional members or remain at 3 but increase the percentage return based on the players vitalization a little more. This should help some when a couple of players power gets a little too low the player can rotate a few attacks in for some extra power ticks during those power dip moments.

Having an additional pot tick may help close the gap/loss of the instant power back some and will still stay true to the artifacts power over time intention. It will still need to be tested but this does sound like it will help quite a bit with the artifacts current effect.
    • Like x 1
  9. Batuba Developer

Some changes will be coming to this artifact based on feedback later this week. I will go into further specifics once the changes are ready to roll out, however we are looking to increase the stats provided to players through the buff.

Also, for those wanting vitalization on the base artifact, you pretty much get 3% base vitalization at rank 120 as even if you cast the ability for your self, you get that 3% vitalization.
    • Like x 2
  10. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with upcoming changes to this artifact.
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

the stats % increase is based on the player base stats who receive the buff right ? not on the casters (troller) base stats ?
    • Like x 1
  12. Batuba Developer

That is correct, the player receiving buff will get the 7% increase based on their own stats.
    • Like x 1
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You just made me a really good PVP artifact maybe even OP.
    PVP BEAST MODE ON. The howls are going to be magnificent. :) TY

PVE meh......the players cannot see what it's doing and they will still kick the controller for for zero power out and low damage.

You should run some end game stuff that is not event level as a controller and not give any power and see what happens. Especially alerts and raids.
    • Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I will add just in case you do not know. The PoT does not show up on the scoreboard and neither do those buffs.
    What the players see from a controller is power out and that's really the only thing that they look at.

Whether you want to admit it or not. That PoT buff with not being able to dump power is going to make controllers look bad. And like said before. It's going to give players more headaches than anything.

TBH, too much emphasis is being put on damage out with this artifact. A controller that gives out more than enough power are buffs in themselves and the majority of the player base understands that. What they won't understand is that zero power out from a controller.

Since the Revamp a lot of players were upset about the removal of PoT from the controllers and rightfully so. This artifact has the design to bring that back but unfortunately I think this artifact is going in the wrong direction. The buffs really need to be dropped in exchange for using power dump.

With the buffs you added I will carry it for PVP but I still will not use it in PVE because it's going to show me as putting out zero power. As someone that prefers to blind Q because of the variety. I definitely will not sacrifice power dump for more PoT that does not show on the scoreboard. That's begging people to kick and call you every name in the book.

This is your opportunity to make an artifact that every controller will want to use or one that gets dropped by the wayside because its too situational and not understood by the player base in DPSOnline.
  15. lieutenant Active Player

Tbh this probably the best artifact in the game. I’ve always said run 2 trolls we make content run smoother and faster. Controllers are more than just batteries and running this artifact will help me be a better support role for others. I really don’t see why y’all making it seem like y’all don’t already run 1 troll in raid content. The 2nd troll just gone end up making the 1st one give even more power as well as make the group stronger, give the tank more dominance and health and give everybody more stats. That 4th dps is not important, just bring 2 trolls and be creative
    • Like x 2
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    In regards to this artifact and future artifacts, it would be nice if there was a tab/section on the scorecard that listed your Artifacts contributions to the group. So for the Claw of Aelkhund, it would list how much extra damage was inflicted or damage absorbed because your artifact was helping to buff the group. This would help remove some of the opacity issues about knowing whether a group artifact is being effective or not.

I see these types of sections in other games with Artifact type items. They help to sell you on the idea that your artifacts are helping to contribute to the group's success.
    • Like x 2
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This artifact is not going to help with any of that because these buffs cannot be seen on the scoreboard.
    Unless the players can see that extra power there will be no second troll because he is going to be kicked for zero power out.

Then on top of that. Wait until this artifact hits PVP. xD
    With that much of a buff and what it would do in PVP was not even considered.
  18. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

The problem is that if you have a decent 1st troll, he already gives enough power out by himself. You're trading a few thousand extra on a shield on a tank for a 25-30%+ dps increase on dps from a 4th or 5th added dps. I'm not adding a controller to the group who contributes nothing other than a buff one of my dps's can switch and use.
  19. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

No idea what this artifact is supposed to do in pvp when pvp has significantly less stats than pve and burst/consistent heavy dot is more of a problem in pvp than it is in pve, which is where this artifact is weak.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

In PVP a controller basically casts the power dump for the buff and a clip. Then to get the added 7% buffs on top of the existing buff that the controller used in PVP. All of a sudden all of the guys that were being spanked are going to be on a level playing field with the spankers. Yeah, its not going to go well. Maybe the cries will not be that loud since PVP has been ignored for so long.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.