Test Discussion Episode 34: Mystic Symbol of the Seven - Artifact

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

I've never had an issue with power as a Hybrid fully specced Atomic Tank. Rarely drop below 75% power and don't recall being a drain on the troll or the rest of the group. Or perhaps I've just benefitted from good trolls, even PUG ones.
    • Like x 2
  2. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

More power does hurt if you have to replace an artifact which gives you dom for this. Also if you dont like to be critisized maybe dont post a comment. If you feel the need to give your opinion we are allowed to critisize it and explain why your opinion is wrong and give our own feedback to how (in this case) this artifact can be improved.
    • Like x 2
  3. Batuba Developer

Hey all, lets please be civil with each other. Everyone here is trying their best to give feedback on their experiences with this artifact, so lets keep it on topic.
    • Like x 1
  4. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with changes to this artifact coming later this week.
    • Like x 2
  5. Analytics New Player

Thanks for taking the suggestions and making adjustments to the artifact Batuba. The Dom was really needed, will have to test the healing to see how much of an approvement it is.
  6. Juggurnaut Level 30

Will the artifact affect Atomic or Rage’s heal mechanics? And increase them by the 10% specified on the artifact?
  7. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yes. From the Developer himself.
    I'm on the fence about this personally. It seems like that is REALLY strong with Rage seeing as how that pushes Rage's self-healing up to 90% along with up to a 15% increase in defense. However, on the other hand the 10% increase in self-healing is nice for Fire.
    • Like x 2
  8. BlackFalconXXL Well-Known Player

The developer is wrong. Several of us tested it and rage is still at 80% with and without the artifact. I'm assuming Atomic is in the same boat as well.
    • Like x 3
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That response wasn't worded in the context of these "mechanics" as they shouldn't nor are they working on test which is intended.

Severe Punishment is not a "Heal" you get health back based on a % of the damage you take there is absolutely NOTHING externally wise that will effect that stat. Max your resto, max your healing crits, the old Tank white mod chest that increased healing in by 10% before the change to Hearty doesn't have any impact. Atomic's Combo Heals are readily quantified by 40% of max dom and the aura heals are readily quantified by 2% of max health and once again you can spec FULL restoration and FULL healing crits and this doesn't change.

It was completely false information initially reported that the increase was noticeable, I actually did the proper testing and it doesn't which is intended there is no need to ask or question this anymore because its not a "HEAL" its a powerset mechanic
    • Like x 2
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Thank you both for the clarification. I had not tested it directly so I was just going off what the Developer stated. Good to know that he was wrong in this instance because it definitely felt odd saying that Rage was back to almost healing 100% of incoming damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont know about Atomic but if we speak about Rage the artifact will not affect rage healing back mechanic because its based on the damage the character receives, the 10% healing increase works only on IRE the breakout and on HL Shield iconic if u use the regenerative tactical hand mod and the healing u get from external sources like healers...

The dom% increase on the artifact however increases the cap of remoreseless recovery ability which leads to higher heals but u need to do damage for that to receive them also the higher ur might stats and crits% the higher ur heals on pulls since it has a 1:1 ratio between damage done to healing in.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

After 03/20 Hotfix

0 sp in resto 12,145
    622-788
    835-922 crits

as Fire*
    0sp in resto 12,145
    920-1144 base
    1317-1406 crits

100sp in resto 13,602
    956-1210 base
    1256-1522

The dom is 3% as stated and the base passive is 190 which is the same as the cog and sparring ai. The scaling to resto isn't really noticeable you would need significant SP to notice a change which is fair because only 2 tank powersets would ever spec restoration. This also gives more legitimacy to a Fire full restoration build so as it stands I see no issues with it currently. Some could argue its strong but when current content adds hit you for 6-10k per attack even the 1000 health back is going save you from a death.
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Mystic Symbol of the Seven can be funny if you're in a zone where your heals exceed the enemy damage output:

No danger of dying, but these guys do decrease your gear durability.

As long as I'm running a Shield, I feel unkillable fighting any of the non-group mobs in Chaos Gotham. I just shield up and I'm back to full health in no time.
    • Like x 1
  14. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The only thing I would be careful with this type of feedback is not to give the impression that artifact unbalances running older content based on the amount of heals because even without the artifact if a geared tank went back into those instances they can easily never be killed as well with their normal rotation. I can sit and atomic combo heal for 10k+ every combo and still stand unkillable with and without the artifact.

If you take the artifact and start to try to solo adds were still meant to do damage like the Atlantis bounties etc the artifact still doesn't match their consistent 6k-10k+ tick incoming damage
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I know this Artifact is intended for Tank role, but I wanted to evaluate its effectiveness in Damage role. Outside of solo and open world content, I'm not getting much use out of it. You have to be receiving damage to get Health ticks and the Defense buff. In 4 man and larger content, the tank and healers are going to be drawing much of the aggro. If you're a Gadgets player, using Holographic Decoy will cause your buffs to drop. If you are the focus of NPC damage, using an ability that drops aggro will cause your buffs to drop. For raid level content, the small heals aren't going to help a Damage player survive typical NPC damage. The Defense boost is potentially useful for certain mechanics, but it comes with the catch that you have to be taking damage from several sources at one time for it to reach max level.

I can see this Artifact working well if you are running a Gadgets Tank build (which is a thing). I can also see it helping out people that are having trouble with duo content. Outside of that, I don't think a Damage role player will get much utility out of this Artifact.
    • Like x 1
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

My fire tank is going to like this artifact. :)
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

I noticed that the buff is shown as an area of effect under Current Buffs tho i believe its just a selfbuff, would have been nice if a Tank wearing that artifact would be able to expand the defence buff to his teammates in aoe so maybe melee damage dealers could benefit from it, i dont expect any changes, i was just day dreaming of one day maybe melee dps to be viable even in elite content... or maybe just some thoughts for next artifacts...
  18. lieutenant Active Player

Do you guys match artifacts with the stats they give or what they do?? Also, I’m an elite player I just finished all my renown for this dlc
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is Mystic Symbol of the Seven working correctly with stat clamping? I tried removing some of my gear in the Chaos Gotham zone to see what would happen. This was the result. Keep an eye on my Defense stat:

It remains 21303 the entire time. However, the boost to the right decreases.

If I re-equip all of my gear, things work correctly.

So, how is this boost supposed to work with stat clamping? My final stats remain the same. I was hoping it would boost the clamped stats.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I tried this artifact on an Earth Tank just to see how it felt. I went to Earth 3 and took on Ultra Man. It seemed like a very small HoT but it was effective in helping to mitigate my overall health. Personally, i am not a fan of trying to play Earth like a weaker Ice tank and this does feel like can be used by Earth too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.