Test Discussion Episode 34: "JLD: Shattered Gotham" 8-Player Raid

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

There should be one on the bridge - until time is up - then it disappears and the bridge collapses until the fight is done or resets.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 2
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Our group ran this and someone kept dying on the jumps. It was so frustrating that the group fell apart and disbanded and everyone logged out. Keeping the jumping in won't work on a live server environment. Bad idea, badly executed. Please remove before it hits live or you're going to have a lot of people skipping this raid completely.
    • Like x 3
  3. Penryn The Gadgeteer

If you're feeling unsure about your long distance jumping, you can always have a Gadgets player build a bridge like so:

On a more serious note, I noticed that Flight's Swoop Attacks seems to work for several of the jumps in this raid. Just get a running jump and use Swoop Attack to help cross a gap. You can get more distance using Jump+Swoop versus just regular jumping.

Sadly Dustoff doesn't work in this raid. You're locked to the ground and temporarily get stuck in animation while using it.
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Soooooo...finally ran this raid....the jumps were not that bad at all...i didnt miss a one! So what is the point of being grounded the whole raid? Maybe just some grounding mechanic for the jump parts? Idunno....only maybe twice did people miss a jump far into the raid and we had to wait. So im fine either way devs!
    • Like x 3
  5. Ully Committed Player

As someone who's tested both Reg and Elite, the jumping part isn't bad. On the first day of test, I managed to fall every single time but that was my fault. When I ran it again, I died once. The lesson here is, when you fail at something, the goal is to keep trying until you improve yourself.

Also, could we get a dev to clear up all the unnecessary and non-test related feedback. Seriously, the rocks are fine.
    • Like x 2
  6. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Fine for those who are having trouble jumping, here is what u can:
    • Jumping, case camon 2019 senpais, u can do it:3
    • Rolling in case of fall, go to the edge, block and roll simple. (Use that sexy man-bat:form if u have)
    • Lunging if is NOT a fall and about the same height, go to the edge and lunge!
    Well, I kinda have a full platform in lghall made by me anyway:3, not even my lgmates know:3
  7. Vindex Active Player

No need to worry about it BEST coz both of us are Flight eventhough we are grounded :D
    • Like x 2
  8. Millbarge Developer

The following changes have been made and checked in. These will be pushed to PCTest soon™
    • Fixed an issue where event mode was not available to all.
    • Added Repair Terminals before each boss fight.
    • Normal mode is now using Event mode platforms.
    • There are now Rally Points on each platform once it is cleared.
    • Tala's Incapacitating Curse damage has been reduced.Decreased Tala's Soul Leech heal percentage in Normal Mode.
    • Fixed an issue where Constantine and Shazam would sometimes not join you in your fight against the Lords of Chaos.
    • Available feats have been made visible.
    • Like x 6
  9. High Troller Loyal Player

So you guys expect players to know they must turn on v-sync to jump rock to rock if running the elite raid? Running 30 fps is terrible on my high refresh monitor but makes rock jumping easier. 165+ fps is smoother but the game isn't so accommodating. Please take the elite version of the raid into consideration again.

P.S. Whatever happened to the PC graphics update?
    • Like x 1
  10. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Millbarge,

some feedback and possible bug reports regarding Shattered Gotham Elite. We ran it and finished it last night with essentially no issue at all with the group being mostly 258-262 with the exception of two DPS whom were 265 and 270. While I did die in the final boss fight, it was because I wanted to see if I could face tank some of Tyrant's attacks at 262 CR as Rage. I was pleased to find I could not do so easily.

• The Madness Counter does not seem to effect game play that much other than a tickle of a DoT. We continuously cleared the Madness Counter once it reached 20 or so and never needed the damage buff to beat any of the bosses.
    • During the Tala fight when the Harbinger comes in and does the Devouring Beam, it is not worth worrying about dodging as it does hardly any damage and applies a simple knock back. Here is the combat log of when it hit me directly for the first time.
    [Healing In] SOL INVICTUSS's Group Transducer absorbed 15179 of Harbinger of the Devourer's damage against Brice.
    [Combat In] Harbinger of the Devourer's Devouring Beam knocked back Brice.

Maybe since that attack is less frequent than some of the other attacks, it could do substantial damage and be made to ignore shields so it is a must to not be standing in one of the beams when it comes across. You have given players plenty of room to maneuver in between them and easily enough time to get out of the way of them. Also, in regards to the Devouring Beam, it appears to be doing zero damage and just applying a knock back in the final fight.
    • The Felix Faust fight is very Tank and spank. There was never any danger of us being KO'd by any of Felix Faust's attacks. I'm honestly not sure what feedback could be given regarding that fight to make it more challenging other than it simply needs to hit harder.
    • The Harbinger of the Devourer fight in Elite is rather straight forward. Shield up to be safe when he does a skull attack towards the group, move, and then continue DPS'ing. Whenever the Harbinger of Devourer does his Bite attack the Tank simply needs to get out of there or cycle shields to survive. The Harbinger of the Devourer has adds in the Regular version from what I am told, but in the Elite version there is nothing but the Harbinger of the Devourer. Placing numerously spawning adds throughout the fight would up the difficulty a bit.
    In the end, this raid has some serious potential to be amazing. But as it stands right now, it will easily be beaten on day one with 258-262CR geared characters which is a shame. It can also be solo Tanked in 260-262CR gear with little to no issue currently which seems odd. You and the other developers have designed a beautifully laid out raid that can be tuned up to require better gear throughout the group before it is able to be completed. Look forward to some possible adjustments in the near future to juice up the challenge :).
    • Like x 3
  11. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for the feedback - I'm going through a lot of it today.

As for the Madness -
    • everyone receives a Might/Precision bonus the higher your Madness is. Up to a 20% bonus - but the damage goes up as well.
    • There are also feats (available soon™) that require you to keep your Madness above a certain threshold and keep it there.
    • Also a feat that requires your Madness to be at 95% or greater when defeating the Harbinger. *note*: Madness will tick up the entire fight when fighting the Harbinger (this will be implemented soon™).
    • Like x 2
  12. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Okay that one right there sounds amazing.
  13. Millbarge Developer

Heh - Madness raises 1% per second - so you have a 5 second window to down the boss or you go Mad and wipe
    • Like x 3
  14. Ully Committed Player

Hi Millbarge,

My group completed Shattered Gotham Elite last night within 35 minutes. As my league mate Brice has pointed out, most group members were between CR 258-262, with the exception of two other players. The SP range for most group members were between 230-290 and everyone had all three artifacts at level 160.

Now, regarding the Tala in elite. Our group pretty much coasted through this right. Tala's Cursed attack is no longer a random one shot and the Meteor attacks appear to have slowed down to allow players to block, or to shield up. Giving players an opportune time or tell to prevent devastating damage is obviously good. However, In light of these recent changes, unfortunately, the Tala fight has become too trivial. Moreover, Tala's little fireball attacks are very weak and can be easily dodged. Finally, is the Devourer suppose to do something? Aside from the blue lightning that he shoots, which does very little damage, there's nothing else that it does and it poses no threat to the group.

Felix Faust in elite isn't so elite. His difficulty level is virtually the same as in Regular. This boss fight is tank and spank, and its virtually impossible to die from anything in this particular fight. Faust is not hitting hard enough to pose any real threat to tanks. Faust summons tentacles but they don't add any further challenge to the fight, in fact, my group ignored the tentacles. There are no adds or any other environmental mechanics and this makes the fight rather dull.

Lastly, the Mordru and Devourer fight needs CONSIDERABLE adjustments. This is perhaps the easiest elite boss/bosses from this DLC and these guys are suppose to be the "main event". Mordru and the Devourer are tank and spank. Mordru posses no real danger whatsoever. Mordru summons the tentacles like Faust, but again, they are easily avoidable and can be ignored. The Devourer in elite has no adds, which is strange because the Regular version has adds included in the mix. All of the Devourer's one shots have tells and because the area is quite large, there's really no chance of players dying from any of his mechanics.

Suggestions:

My fren Brice has already touched on the issue concerning the Madness meter, so I'll forgo that point. Now, Tala Elite has a lot of potential. Firstly, the adds need a buff. At Cr262, our Tank was mitigating and surviving every attack with relative ease. The Meteor strikes, the adds, the madness meter and Tala's regular combos did not overwhelm our solo tank. With a 14 point difference in CR (Tala is 276), I'd expect the boss and the adds to hit significantly harder.

Another suggestion is increasing the damage from the little fireballs. I don't know the name of that attack, but Tala will skull, warning players for an impending attack and then she throws three or more slow moving fireballs. These little fireballs should have its damage tuned up or increase the speed at which they are launched. At the moment, these fireballs are easily avoidable and they don't inflict enough damage.

Finally, the Devourer's lightning attack appears to work like a strafe, but, it does very very little damage. The Devourer flies in from the outside, similar to the Bee Airship from the Machine raid, but he doesn't anything that threatens the group. This attack could use a significant buff by either increasing its damage or making each strafe a one shot.

Overall, the Tala fight seems to have a lot of good elements in place and it just needs some further tweaking to differentiate it from the regular version.

Moving on to Felix Faust. A lot of adjustments need to be made in this fight. Firstly, Faust needs a special attack or a devastating one shot. The fighting takes place in a rather large area and Faust only summons the tentacles in a very small part of the map. I suggest adding the tentacles everywhere, and force players to engage the tentacles before resuming the burn on Faust. To me, those tentacles should play a larger role in the fight. Maybe, you could get the tentacles to perma stun players if they get to close and then have players burn the tentacles to release the player or players from the stun.

Moreover, the tentacles could use an enrage mechanic or a one shot mechanic just like The Threat Below Elite, where players need to burn the tentacles to avoid wipes. However, please keep in mind, with the current meta that's available on live, SC spamming has become the thing to do and my suggestion might not have the desired effect.

Finally, Mordru and the Devourer. Mordru should have his damage increased significantly, Also, Mordu will skull and warn players before he teleports but after he teleports he doesn't do anything. This might be bug, because skull warnings are usually issued before a one shot or a heavy attack. I would also suggest adding more tentacles in the fight or combination of adds and tentacles.

The Devourer fight is too simplistic. To be honest, I'm not sure how you could increase the challenge without either decreasing the combat area, or adding waves of adds to the fight, or summoning each of the previous bosses at some point in the fight. This suggestion opens up the possibility of adding feats similar to the Ultimate Soldier raid. Summon each of the bosses or none during the final fight and attach feat points.

Overall, I really like the concept of this raid, and I think with the right amount of tuning, it could be a memorable and lasting experience for players that are looking for something more than what we've seen before in regards to elite.

Thank you for reading.
    • Like x 6
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

How evil. I love it.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Protip
    If you are a Gadgets/Mental player and plan on using Stealth/Invisibility, bring the Improved Stealth mod along. The Madness DoT will usually knock you out of the form change without it. The other alternative is to use a shield like Distract before using Stealth.
  17. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

On the spirit of Protip as well if you are quantum you can quantum tunnel across all the platforms and to the platforms for the collection and feats :D
  18. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Bug Reports [Elite]:
    • You continuously take Madness damage during cut scenes which can result in being KO'd upon the cut scene ending.
    • You can Rage Crash during cut scenes.
    • Shazam bugged out in final boss fight of Elite and we could not activate him to stop the Madness Meter.
    • When Madness Meter reached 100 only two members of the group were KO'd while the other 6 remained in the fight and were unaffected by the Meter reaching 100.
    • Madness Meter disappeared after this occurred.
    • The bridge leading up the final boss fight in Elite now has holes on the way leading up to the final fight. While this seems as an intended change, it use to not be the case as you could just run across it. However, the teleporter to get into the final fight sequence is now placed over a open area and can't be utilized because when you try you fall to your death. Pic included:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I saw the same bugs tonight in a Normal run.
    1. Shazam could not be activated on the Devourer fight.
    2. When the Madness hit 100%, 6 people got knocked off the cliff. Two were left alive.
    3. When we respawned, there was no indicator for the Madness meter.
    4. As we progressed through the fight, Shazam remained inactive. However, we continued to received increased DoT damage from what I presume was the Madness.

Here is a demonstration video:

Bug #2 happens at 1:22
    • Like x 2
  20. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Testing Feedback [Elite]:
    • Felix Faust's skull move in which he shields himself and you must crack it with DPS is a really nice touch, but the DPS needed to crack it seems to be very low. We let it go off a few times just to see what would happen, but when we wanted to crack it, we had no issue what-so-ever of preventing the shield from exploding. Possibly up'ing how much damage has to be done to the shield to make it crack would make the mechanic more threatening.
    • There still seems to be no adds in the final boss fight. Unsure if this is intended or not but having adds in there to mix it up and make the fight take a bit more work for the Tank. Right now it is literally just range tank him and let the group burn him down.
    I'll post more come tomorrow, a little tired right now so the rest of my feedback will have to wait till then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.