Tweaks you’d like to see in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Maybe not so much as deleting the dual WM combos. More like, they need the visuals tweaked because some do work together and others are just pure nonsense.
    Take MA, brawling and HB combos. They all go together.
    Dual wield/bow, 1 handed/dual wield and 1 handed/HB Not so much.
    They could replace the for these combos with the original weapons and they would be fine.
    Most of the dual combos second weapon animation could be used with the one weapon.

Something along the lines of removing the second weapon animation and replacing it with another attack using the same movement and the same weapon. That way the only thing that really needs to be changed is the actual weapon for the second weapon combo. I know it wouldn't be that easy because of how they have things tied together with the programming but.......I think it would be easier than trying to remove them all together.

That one handed flipping dual wield combo with a war hammer would look really sweet. IMO
    The same goes with the one handed weapon and HB combo. It would look good as too.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

You're right, going precision means you HAVE to put all your points into that stat and that you MUST use the WM combos. :rolleyes:

You can go the precision route but still put enough points into power/might to be able to use some powers when needed. You can go with regular weapon attacks and finish out the attack with a high damage power. You can hit a target with a DOT attack and go to town with weapon hits while the DOT ticks away. You can use crafted consumables for extra hits or DOTs.

If you see only one path when there are other routes you can follow, that's kind of on you.
  3. majosea Dedicated Player

in my eyes the weekly grind need to change to amount equal to weekend grind - (less amount of grind)
    why ?
    1 because dcuo don't have a weekly bonus , its always a weekend bonus
    2. it would help alts. and not put players to sleep .
    3. players could be done with the quest faster , and run other content .
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

This could actually do it for me. My biggest complaint about WM is how a lot of the combos just don't make any sense (Why would my staff wielding toon suddenly switch to a rifle, or why would a toon using 2 swords suddenly switch to a bow? I don't want that) and look very out of place.
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Let's continue this conversation after you or I or anyone else is able to use the setup you described and do better in damage or keep up with a good WM player who uses stuff like bow smokebomb or flurry shot and know what they are doing.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

All of that defeats the purpose of a "Weekly Quest". People complained about the 300-400 kill weeklies and they listened. Now you want them to trivialize this easy weekly quest even further??? o_O Also the alt excuse is a little tired. I run 7 alts, and when i'm in the mood for it I can get it done easily on all of them. In fact, the only weeklies that are a pain to get are the Swarm and Brine Hulk....and that's because you can't do that solo like you can with the 100 relics. By the way, their Weekend bonus starts on Thursday and continues until Monday morning reset. Plenty of time to run several toons through most of the content or at least get their weeklies done.
    • Like x 1
  7. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

- Make content less boring. Fights seem to last forever.
    • Like x 1
  8. recoil2 Dedicated Player

agreed, got killed a half dozen times against hank henshaw yesterday cause we could only get 3 people (including myself) for the bounty. then there's the fact that nobody ever groups up for said bounties, they just show up and start hitting at it individually and most run off after the 1st or 2nd death. if anything we should do away with multiplayer bounties as no one hardly does them and most players don;t have the co-op skills necessary to run them smoothly.
  9. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

I would like to see cheaters get banned permanently and not showned any mercy by whinning.
    • Like x 3
  10. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

1. I am also against inspecting for SP; it is bad enough players can get kicked because of not having their artifacts leveled up to 120 and at minimum CR for the raid/alert. If anything, remove the CR inspection; if a player know what he/she is doing, that is all that matters.

2. Leaderboard numbers mean nothing, especially since EVERYONE has the same chance to get the same loot from the same loot table. It will not do anything but motivate players to be more *jerky* to each other then they are now. Many players do not know how to be *good winners/losers*.

3. Why do you need to know what power your friend is currently using as long as your friend is doing what they are supposed to be doing in a mission? If you invite your friend to a group just ask what power they are going to use; it is much more effective.

4. Sparring targets could use a bit more love; it would be nice to choose what type of sparring targets to have in your lair/league base and have up to 3 types in a lair and 8 types in a league base.
  12. Dene Devoted Player

I think it is more about their role.. inviting a friend to a group, who you find out is electric, when what you really need is a tank etc
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah, I see. From all appearances there's some scoreboard chasing going on.

Personally I don't worry about some number on a scorecard. I don't chase the FOTM loadout that MUST be followed for a given power or playstyle. I find a loadout that I find fun and that works for me, my power/weapon choice and my playstyle and use it. I'm not going to let some imagined standard dictate how I choose to play my characters, especially since some of the standards that can arise from portions of the playerbase border on ridiculous.

Makes the game a lot more fun for me, but to each their own, I guess.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There’s a whole lot of little visual things I want tweaked/fixed/updated but I’ve given up on seeing anything getting done. :(
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'm on the fence about this one. There are reasons to do it and reasons to not do it. As people rightly point out, it could lead to more exclusivity and fewer chances. However, it would be nice to know at some point whether or not the person has the potential to be doing better. SP does not dictate outcome, only the potential you have. I know some people who could rock current elite raids with maybe 150 SP and no speed hackers... and I know people with 350+ SP who could only have gotten some of the stuff they had by being carried through and not pulling their weight.

Case in point, just last night someone tried to give the group flack for wanting to do a feat in Escape (reg)... was like, "I don't care about feats," and then said he was leaving. Yes, we all said, "Bye!" But that aside, we ended up 7-manning first boss to get "All Drones, One Stone." Now, at the point we wiped to reset things and the person left, I looked at the scoreboard... he was the lowest DPS of all of us.... and by a wide margin. Those of us who were left had a good laugh about how maybe, with that abysmal performance, he SHOULD care about feats more. Everyone else performed wonderfully when they knew what needed to be done. :)

I think this is more about being able to look at your friends list and know what power grouping the person has... tank vs healer vs troll... before asking about joining an instance with a role that toon cannot play. How many times do you get queried by someone, "Hey, can you come tank <instance>?" when you're on your troll or healer? Would be nice to glance at your friends list to at least know if the person could possibly perform that role. It's just a reference, and also because you never know when your friend changes his or her toon name or power.

That said, it would be nice to have some kind of notification system that sends you an in-game email when a person in your friends list or league changes his or her toon name. I don't know how many people are in my friends list where I look at it and go, "Who the frak is that?" only to find out later that, "Oh! So-and-so changed names."

Portable sparring target for use in instances to build up supercharge... or supercharge builder colas that can only be used out of combat... or preserve your supercharge bar when you log out.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Was going to say this. While there is 20% of my friends list I know for a fact are tank/healer/troll/dps, most times I don't remember for sure. Most friend invites I end up sending are either in a few private channels I know a bunch of people have "Anyone want to heal XYZ raid" or similar, or if a tell it's 'Hey...you are a healer, right?....want to heal XYZ" where sometimes the response is "well i'm Sorc, but I don't heal" or "no...i'm Ice...I just changed last week"...or something.

I don't think having some power symbol next to their name is too much to ask...or at a minimum their potential roll (Heal/Troll/Tank) where it would not guarantee they would play role, but at least they possibly could.

Honestly I think it would be nice to have a way to 'friend message' your whole friends list "anyone want to heal XYZ?" vs sending tells to everyone on or using a private chat to blast the request out.

So I guess that's one as well. Friends list message blast.

How about a way to remove SP once assigned? This would come in very handy when trying for that 'natural talent' or 'pro athlete' feat where you need to remove the movement mode SP point. Personally I have those, but I know people who don't and don't feel like going back to base/WT to respec any time they want to give it a shot. Also sometimes I've put SP in the wrong spot, then realized it was a mistake...would be nice to not have to go back in, re-respec and then re-apply the points up to where you made the mistake. If they are worried about someone saving the 500 bucks by removing all SP vs paying for the respec, fine, but maybe make it only 10 points you could roll back or something.

Cash slot in the shared bank. Have a way to transfer money between alts besides mail which is notoriously slow at times.

Adjustable queue size. Make it so whoever is group lead can set the size of the group vs default 2, 4 or 8 and skip the matchmaking if you are already 'full'. Since they've already said they will not be adding walk-ins, this would be a good alternative to neverending group searches (anyone for PZE or Dawn...Mist recovery feat run anyone?) in LFG or getting queued in with freeloaders, or over powered steamrollers when you are trying for a feat run.

Unified Friends/Ignore list per account. 90% of the time if I figured you are a friend on my main, I'd probably get along with you, or run with you on my alt. Likewise if you are a vertical spammer, gold seller or profanity user I want to ignore on my main I'd guess I don't want to hear from you on any toon....make the lists per account and be done with it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That's exactly what I was suggesting. Just put a tank/healer/troll icon next to the name. You don't need any more than that. :)

Well, unless they make it so that adding a friend will add ALL toons on that account, no. There is enough of a link that can tell you whether or not the person in the list made a change. It's just a matter of a database query and comparing things like, "last login time" vs "time of change" vs "current time." It doesn't have to be an in-game email. It could also be a panel on that big welcome splash screen... "Recent name changes: X is now known as Y."

Before the revamp, healing barrels would restore supercharge. The biggest problem arises when you suddenly disconnect in the middle of an instance and then rejoin. Whatever supercharge you had is gone. Did you need to switch toons to get a different role in there to get past something or so you could run stuff on your Villain/Hero with your Hero/Villain league? Yes, cross-faction groups would resolve a lot of that latter one... but until they implement something like that... but I digress. :) Recovering from a DC is not easy... thus why having some kind of SC builder outside of combat or retaining your supercharge across sessions would be useful. Knock "LINKDEAD" all you want, but when it actually worked better (before cross-play) it was a beautiful thing... being able to rejoin the instance in progress with your SC bar where you left it, etc.
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Agree about Linkdead recovery; it was nice when it worked. However, as time went on I found myself by myself when I recovered from a Linkdeath; full SC, the mission completed and I would get nothing for my efforts. Quite a shame Linkdead could not work for this game. With the addition of SC builder powers the devs may not see a need to add an outside SC builder for our convenience. Again, it would be nice to have.
  20. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I don't chase the scorecard and this FOTM thing too, none of my characters have ever changed powers or have switched to a proper precision build (with the exception of one electric changing to water because of a free power token), that's why I said "able to keep up with". I don't need to be the "top percentage player", all I need is be able to to not be bad enough to the point of being threatened a kick while still having fun with the playstyle.