Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. recoil2 Dedicated Player

again, the blood bat wings bend and move at different angles, essentially the wings of glitter/sin would act like flappable rapture wings. i don;t think you're thinking about this rationally at this point. [IMG]
    the wings using the bloodbat flap movement model would look like this but animated, because again the blood bat wings have secondary joints at which the blood bat wings flap making them flap at an upward angle. you're trying to compare bats to birds, which anatomically speaking is like apples and oranges, you can eat both but that doesn't mean a bat tastes anything like a bird or that you "should" even eat bats in the first place, cause that's how people get rabies and zoonotic diseases.
  2. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

After having done my JLI Exhibit in one of my Flash bases I found that there is a hero that cannot be done in any real way.
    [IMG]Metamorpho by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    [IMG]MetamorphoFl by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    I mean, At Least with guys like Elongated Man, Animal Man, Rocket Red...Heck, even Blue Jay and General Glory, I can make fair approximations of their Looks. But There is just no way to do Rex Mason's signature five in one style!
    • Like x 2
  3. DinahLance Level 30

It's time to give some love to the Black(damn)Canary :p
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Mr700 New Player

I would love to have a separate beard style tab apart from hair styles so we can mix and match

And maybe a left and right shoulder, hands, and feet tab to have the option to mix and match or to just have one
    • Like x 3
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

As I said before I woould realy like an proper anubis warrior from the mummy returns head style and more egyptian styles in general :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Hey Mepps !

Can you please just release green lantern npc aura or suit ? Am sick of us not having the actual npc suit :/

Been waiting since literally beta lol
  7. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Funny you mention that. Here's Hal Jordan, next to my recreation of Green Lantern Jack T. Chance:

[IMG]

Several other NPC GLs have that same Aura, which we've had available for our characters for SEVERAL YEARS! ;)

Now, I grant you that we don't have that exact Green Lantern Corps Uniform. That's a fair complaint. BUT we can create a VERY good facsimile with an even BETTER Emblem! Allow me to demonstrate.

This was created before I had any Slimline Hand Styles available that were appropriate for the white gloves, so I went with a uniform based on the 2 animated direct-to-video GL movies:

[IMG]

That uses the Streak Slimline Chest Style and the Tertiary Slimline Legs Style. That can be created during Character Creation, all except the Emblem, which with a new character, you can grab once they're at Level 5 and can Warp to the Watchtower to buy the Emblem from Boo$ter Gold, or you can get it for them right out of Character Creation with Style Unlocking! :D

Obviously, for the classic comic uniform, you'll need a Slimline Hand Style, they're just a little harder to find early on.

But even the NPCs don't have Enhanced (Glowing) Emblems! Player Characters now do:

[IMG]

And while, no, it's not the Pre-New 52 Accurate comic costume the NPCs wear, the Scion of Ion Style Set is STILL the most satisfactory way to make a classic GL Corps Uniform in this game as far as I'm concerned. You just have to have the right Hand and Foot Styles to pair up with it:

[IMG]

Unless you're doing an extraterrestrial GL and you wanna have some fun with it, in which case you don't even need Slimline Hands and Feet...

[IMG]

Bottom line, you don't NEED the exact same uniform the NPCs are wearing to have a thoroughly satisfactory GL Corps Uniform for your characters. And just as importantly, we're not likely to ever get it. There are certain contractual limitations imposed on Daybreak Games by DC Comics in regards to how they have to handle the most iconic of DC's characters. The 100% comic accurate GL Corps and Sinestro Corps Uniforms are clearly off limits to players, the same as a full Superman costume is. :oops:
  8. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

No no no no

Here’s my bottom line

YES I DO NEED IT . You have nice creation but again not the actual thing so nah not intersted XD

I still believe in mepps one day they will release it
  9. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Hello everyone I have a suggestion for a new Material. Digital, like a circuitry board and tintable with lines pulsating throughout!⚡
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, sorry for you, but again, PLAYER CHARACTERS WILL NOT EVER HAVE IT DO TO CONTRACTUAL LIMITATIONS PLACED ON DAYBREAK BY DC COMICS!

The Devs have been quite clear on this point over the years. It's also why, beginning with last years 80th Anniversary Superman Emblem, the Superman/House of El Emblems on styles released since 2018 are now color locked, whereas they didn't used to be. DC Comics changed the terms of the contractual limitations last year to where they're now required to color lock those Emblems.

Bottom line, the styles I showed you are the closest DC will ALLOW the Devs to give us to the uniform the NPCs wear. You can either use one of those 2 options, or you can have your character follow in the footsteps of literally THOUSANDS of GLs throughout the Multiverse, and have them create their own UNIQUE uniform. Your choice.

FYI, on the Scion of Ion set, the boots I used on Jade are the Beyond High Tech Foot Style for that classic straight top look. The Hand Style is Logistics Officer, If I Remember Correctly.

But there are other options for both if you prefer a slightly different look.

But the NPC GL Corps and Sinestro Corps Uniforms aren't happening. If the Devs could've given them to us, THEY ALREADY WOULD HAVE! It's time to stop beating that dead horse already! There's NUMEROUS posts in this 212-page (and counting) thread asking for those styles. There were numerous posts asking for them BEFORE this thread even existed. The Devs are WELL aware that people want them, but they've given us the closest thing to them that they're contractually ALLOWED to give us. Be thankful we have that, because there was a time when DC wouldn't even allow them to give us a stinking single Green AURA, let alone costumes and emblems for the various Corps. Work with what we have, and move on.

Oh, and last, but not least, there's even in-game STORY REASONS why our Player Character uniforms have to be at least slightly different from the comic accurate one. Lots of players have forgotten the in-game story revealed when War For the Light was released as to why your Player Character has a power ring: Your character was DEPUTIZED by whichever Corps your character has a ring from, to help in the fight against Braniac's invasion of Earth. Let me say that again: Your character is a DEPUTY and not a full-fledged member of that Corps. So that's the IN-GAME, IN-UNIVERSE explanation for why your uniform is at least slightly different. ;)
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

I want this so bad. I hope they will reveal soon that this is going to be 1 of the 2 styles in JL Dark.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. sayow55 Well-Known Player

ICONIC CAPTAIN MARVEL CAPE. BEEN ASKING FOR THIS FOR 7YRS, MEPPS.
  13. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

First of all all the Sykes you showed I have them all and I know all the things you said , been playing since beta you know .

But again , I won’t loose hope on mepps so one day for sure I’ll see it happen .
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

it's not a technical issue, like small female wings or selective material application, it's a legal one. the developers can't create a 100% accurate green lantern suit because that iconic design is an intellectual work owned by DC comics and warner brothers which DCUO as a subsidary product is allowed to use ON CONDITIONS. legally dcuo MUST follow these legal ramifications or else risk being sued and shutdown. it's not up to MEPPS or anybody else who created and works on the game itself to decide, it's up to the lawyers at warner brother studios and DC comics, basically anything remotely resembling an iconic work of DC (including hero emblems, outfits, faces etc) can only legally be used as the original owner (DC) dictates, technically when we signed up for dcuo we signed a waiver saying nothing in game do we really own.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

One final point that I failed to mention earlier. Fight For the Light was the game's VERY FIRST DLC. Those GL Corps and Sinestro Corps NPC character models were designed like, what, 7 years ago? 7½? 8? Some of the other JLA Members have had their NPC character versions updated, most noticeably Superman and Cyborg, but I think even Batman has had a tweak. Supergirl's character model was updated to match the modern Rebirth outfit (which is very similar to the costume seen every week on the hit TV series chronicling her adventures! ;)) John Constantine's about to get an updated character model at the end of the month with the launch of the Justice League Dark content! There's probably others I've forgotten, but that's not important.

In the meantime, all the different ring-slingers have had the same basic character models for over 7 years. The Scion of Ion Style Set is newer than those NPC character models, and looks more modern and more detailed than they do. It also fits in with the trend we've seen in movies and video games, of adding extra details not seen in the comics to make the costume more "visually interesting and appealing" when viewed larger than life on a giant screen. In this way, it's reminiscent of the GL Corps uniforms seen in the Injustice: Gods Among Us games.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the game's ring-slinging NPCs got updated character models in the not too distant future. 2020 will mark the 80th Anniversary of the debut of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott. That would be the perfect time to give all the game's NPC ring-slingers a makeover! And I won't be at all surprised if updated NPC GL Corps uniforms end up bearing a strong resemblance to the Scion of Ion Style Set! ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Leeerooy Well-Known Player

I am a huge fan of 1,2,4 and 5 shown in the video below.

17. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: That is easily taken care of with paying royalty... If they are not able to use the real deal it is because they do not want to shell out that additional cash. ;) As the Greed Demon in the streets of Metropolis says: "Everyone has their price..."
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not if DC as a company refuses.
    • Like x 1
  19. Highball New Player

[IMG]

still waitin' for this ;;
    • Like x 1
  20. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

Yes YESSSSSSSSSSS
    • Like x 1