2019 Powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by John Greener, Jan 28, 2019.

1. granddaughterlover Active Player

I really wanted them to drop experimental serum, but, whatever
    • Like x 1
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

just make Venom a power lol
    • Like x 1
  3. Captain Domino Committed Player

Music/Sound powers please...I want all my enemies to dance to death.
    • Like x 2
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I would love New powers but I am certain there focus is Artifacts,Styles, and Tcs .However there have been big game changes that have happened, Augments, The stats revamp and Artfacts themselves and a few others. I can't wait to see what they do in 2019 for us so you never know.
  5. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I'd like to see stretching powers, but I guess that would be a Tank ... and I guess rotation would need another Controller at this point (too bad magnetics and telekinesis are mixed in with illusion already).
  6. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

There was super leaping in THE CITY, and it was fairly controllable and a really fun way to get around THE CITY.

You'd go through the arch to the top and fall back down, but you could change direction during the leap and, thereby, make yourself land on top of a building instead of soaring past it - if you wanted to leap from rooftop to rooftop.
  7. IThe MasterI Active Player

And unfortunately I really don't think it's a situation of "If we boycott the game and all just stop playing for a month!" then we'll get them to start earnestly working on 2 or 3 new powersets. I really think the game would just be pulled offline.

I really like the game -been playing since '13 ..but there's something very ghetto about it.
    • Like x 1
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

I'd love to see another set of powers, and by that, I mean that there would have to be 3 more added not just one, so that they could have an even set of 18, in addition to the 15 we have now, which would make it 6 in each role category. Having more powers is the only way that I will make any new toons, so until that happens I'm stuck with the ones I've got. I've got plenty already though, and I do love every one of them. Not saying more wouldn't be nice though.;)
    • Like x 1
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

so no one mentions dark power is one of the most requested new...and the new alert has you fighting a "Vampire" who uses dark powers....ok then...
    • Like x 1
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Honorable Mention...
  11. Raven Roth Committed Player

He's heavily implied to use the Cursed side of Celestial. He uses Consume Soul and Malediction. His lackeys use Haunt and their defeat animation is Life Drain.
  12. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Unicorn power 2019
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Make it a healing or troll power. I will buy that Respec token, don't care if the damage is booty.
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the problem with darkness powers is that they seem to be subsidiaries of sorcery/celestial, with most vampires using sorcery/celestial based abilities. this makes sense as DC's vampires are more like magical entities like harry potter's. https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Mystic_Vampire_Physiology. https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Darkness_Manipulation, https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Raven_(Teen_Titans_TV_Series), https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Darkness_Manipulation. much like a shape shifting power involving animals, it's highly unlikely dcuo will just "make" a new power for it, rather they'd lump it into the already existing celestial power due to eclipso/raven. especially since even most non-magical umbral manipulators do so by power supplied by an external magical source (either a dark dimension or a relic imbued with darkness manipulation abilities). similarly any additional shape-shifting abilities involving animals rather than object shape-shifting would be nature based due to animalia manipulation https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Animalia_Manipulation which is itself a sub facet of eco-manipulation. vampiric abilities and powers would probably be added to rage/sorcery since red lanterns have a history of carnage feasting and blood draining and most of DC'S and by extension DCUO's vampires are of the mystic variety thanks to cain.
  15. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

How about air to have all 4 elements, maybe some animal powers (I'd like to be able to do something like Beast Boy or Vixen or something), Maybe love/compassion, Shapeshifting (make a Martian or Clayface), Maybe you could communicate with/control an army of animals (Call on birds to peck at your enemies!) like Aquaman does with sea creatures!
    • Like x 1
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

animal mimicry (claws, speed, etc), animal/animalia control, etc those would all fall under nature, and would be included in that power or in the case of aquaman's aquatic animal control it'd in water. shape shifting however outside of any additional animals would be a prime candidate however, as would be wind and a star sapphire powerset.
  17. BriWi Well-Known Player

In some ways, Lightning serves as a substitute Air element with its storm effects, and Super Speed got the tornadoes, but it would be interesting to see a full-fledged Air element realized like Red Tornado. And it could be a Power Interaction booster, since Storms tend to involve multiple elements: electric charges, rain and hail, and sandstorms throw tons of sand around in the desert. It could be the missing Elemental controller power-set with Fire, Ice, and Earth being tank powers, and lightning and water being the healer.

For those who talk about the time it took to bring out Water as a Power-set, you gotta remember that DCUO was being hobbled by the PS3's outdated technology. Although they did bring out Water as a power, it wasn't until after they retooled the entire game to free up the resources needed to support it. Once PS3 support dropped, Devs were in a much better place to develop new content e.g. power-sets, base themes, expansions and styles.
    • Like x 2
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

Air is sorta already in game with Flight
  19. Cyro Committed Player

As much as it would be cool to have new powers i'd rather they add new iconics that are already in the game but not used like the ones in legends, what was left of serums and hell maybe a power featuring the cancelled single pistol weapon. I would rather have increased diversity for all powers than add a new power that would be seen all the time(op) or hardly ever
    • Like x 1