Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

People always want to run 5-1–1-1. I kept suggesting hey, maybe it’d be cool if we had two tanks to divvy the enemies up and/or as a safety net, but people would either ignore me or misinterpret it as a slight against their tanking ability, so I just gave up. I can’t force people to play a certain way :(
    • Like x 1
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

ah, stupidity it is then. do you happen to have a league? if not i can point you towards ours, as we are looking for players to grow the ranks, and from what i've seen it's a rather helpful league.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

No, incorrect.

They're over whelmed because they tank incorrectly.

They ignore the timings on their rotations, they ignore the skull attacks, they ignore the combat mechanics, they use the consumables incorrectly or not at all. they pop all their shields at the wrong time.

They might be rage for example and rage crash because there are too many adds around and they're not carrying the likes or "ire" or a "breakout trinket" to ensure they don't crash.

They might be earth and have no safety net in place or awareness of what happens if they're brick tanking and brick dies.

Also just to point out as well, the length of the fight is directly determined by bad damage output, the longer it takes to burn something, the longer there is for mistakes to happen.

When people are using incorrect loadouts or think their damage output is ok by using dual pistols, they themselves are actually contributing to the downfall of the instance directly.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Obviously Darkseid’s War Factory was a total bust. I RnDed the Nuclear style in the end. Everything else? Sure stuff would go wrong sometimes but not NEARLY as frequently as it has in Spindrift, Titans and Atlantis.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

So you didn't have any issue with those others, I still struggle to accept that when the part of the spindrift instance you're talking about was simply 2 people go in to the water, press buttons 3 times, place puzzle pieces /end

what was so hard in HIVE and Machine that stopped you completing them? There's no puzzles in there?
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But again, none of this stuff ever seemed to be a factor before from where I’m standing. Also I troll too and that doesn’t really influence my odds. If anything, things go better when I dps because I know to prioritise targets rather than just blindly fire into the mob. I even have a degree of success baiting Murk to Gut Hook me instead of the tank by flanking and meleeing him.
  7. August Moon Well-Known Player

what kind of runs are you walking into ? ive gotta see this with a bucket of popcorn
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Terra and Deathstroke caused me problems due to people trying to ignore the gas and neutraliser mechanics respectively. Machine had enormous crowds of adds, strafing runs oneshotting tanks, the Donna Troy phases, the enervator beam, the checkpoints starvation. All user errors to be sure, but user error seldom was a problem as frequently before Spindrift.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

It is and has always been a factor, people not playing correctly does and will continue to cause runs to fail. This includes all roles.

No one has to be perfect and in normal content far from it, but you also shouldn't be reckless.

Don't use completely incorrect moves, don't spam your shields, don't go in and throw batarangs and sonic scream because you think you're black canary, you will fail and so you should.

And with respect, as the DPS you shouldn't even be trying to have Murk Gut Hook you instead of the tank, it is the tanks job to take that damage, you are just putting strain on the healer by doing so and risking your life and then others who have to then pick you up.... stop doing that.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain Domino Committed Player

Very true, everyone else has gone through it, I just need to take time out and come up with a method that is efficient.

Ehh, some were pretty pricey, at least for me, anyways. I bought a few earlier for a decent price at least. Wow, that would be really great and very appreciated, I'll be sure to send you a message. Truly appreciate it, thanks man :)
    • Like x 1
  11. August Moon Well-Known Player

thats actually a bad thing to do because god forbid you go down now everyone has th jump to you to pick you up. which runs the risk of them going down in the process
    • Like x 3
  12. Proxystar #Perception

user error was 100% an issue prior to spindrift, it was an issue then as much as it is an issue now.

Everything you've described, literally everything are failures resulting from people not complying with mechanics.
    • Like x 2
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

But Murk’s Gut Hook isn’t fatal on its own. It scales to a percentage of your max health. It’s safer for me to take it because nothing else is attacking me most of the time, so my health is always 100%. Even if I do go down, that’s much less of a crisis than the tank going down.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s better than the tank going down. Sometimes all you have are bad choices, but you still have to choose.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

No problem :)
  16. Proxystar #Perception

If the tank is playing correctly, they shouldn't be going down....
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

True but people not doing mechanics just didn’t seem to cause me issues in those other raids.
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Well there’s not much I can do about that, so I just have to try and make it easier for them in any way possible. :)
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Well it won't now, because they're trivialized through progression. Try running them at level or ask yourself what they were like running at level. You'll find they were exactly the same as now, some even actually harder if we're honest.

That is the reason why there was a massive thread asking to nerf DWF.

All of the things you're describing are mechanics that should be present, shouldn't be ignored and 100% shouldn't be removed because people aren't wanting to play properly.
    • Like x 1
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m talking about what they were like at level. I rarely stray outside of the latest episode and seasonal these days for a number of reasons.