Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Captain Domino Committed Player

Yes...yes,I know I'm low on the SP food chain and there are feats I could be working on (some of which I am). I'll be honest and say some I tend not to focus on much such as base items, some I've collected, others that I need to buy, I simply can't afford the millions people are asking for. Certain styles, I have no idea where they drop. And googling each and every piece can become pretty time consuming (would be nice for this info to be present in game)...Not an excuse, I know but, as I said I'm being honest.

I do understand where you are coming from, sir, I do. I just felt the idea was a nice middle ground. That's all really.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That's fine, I'm simply asserting why I think it's a bad idea :D it's certainly not my desire to stop you from having ideas :D

I also appreciate your honesty in terms of your feats etc. Thing is we all had to go through that process of finding each piece, finding each style, finding each investigation etc. It all takes time unfortunately either in or outside of the game, we just have to set the time a side to do it in order to progress our characters and complete the grind.

I'm not sure how expensive those items are now, but hey I think you're on PS, send me a private message or in game mail to 'Proxystar' with the base items you still need and I'll see if there's any I can arrange for you, to help you out :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know man, all I can say is perhaps you were running with better players at that point panopticon and escape certainly still had mechanics going on that could cause issues and certainly not any greater than the issues present in any of the other raids since.
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

While that’s not impossible, the fact that my approach to getting into content hasn’t changed since then would make it one heck of a string of coincidences. I wouldn’t have even had the Neo-Venom back then. Like every weapon user, my dps absolutely skyrocketed when that thing came on to the scene.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

For real question, not trying to poke fun. Do you run in a league mostly? Do you set up raid groups utilizing LFG? Are you only queuing into all content?

The answer to these questions is probably your answer. Regardless if your not the strongest player. Not everyone has to be. I feel you possibly que most content. If this is the case, it is also your biggest problem. Especially at the beginning of each year after a skip token is handed out.

I PUG frequently, so I do feel ya. I hate, and I do mean hate, to que for content. I am the one you will see putting groups together. I do all the shouting, because I hate running raids like you describe. You don't always find the best players thru LFG either, but my years of experience says your chances are much better.
    • Like x 4
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Think of how much easier you'd find content and how much more damage you'd do if you actually switched to the meta, now I'm not saying that's a nice thing to have to do, but do yourself a favor.

Set up an armory for your "pleasure play style" and another armory that is the "optimal meta" and switch as the situation dictates.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I join groups on LFG. Always have, always will. I sometimes blind queue stuff on my villain out of desperation, but I fully understand and accept the consequences of doing so. It’s the fact that my hero LFG groups have been suddenly going awry with much greater frequency than before Deluge that’s got me baffled and annoyed.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I would say you're running with awful players, regardless of how you're forming the group.
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Maybe, but it just didn’t seem to be a problem until Spindrift.
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

You were literally ranting about Murk in Normal just a couple of posts ago, you've made several rants about Silent School and even the solo if i'm not mistaken. Is this not Atlantis-content?
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yet these rants have been pretty consistent from you since way before Spindrift.
    • Like x 3
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Everything other than Murk in Atlantis I complained about were glitches and oversights that have since been fixed. I seem to remember complaining about certain aspects of the Earth 3 alert, but not the raids. Did I complain about the Manbat alert too? I think I did, but I don’t remember. Still not a raid though.
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

But isn't that your reasoning as well.

Just because you are choosing to stick to normal content does not mean others will.

I never will understand why people feel that they are entitled to join any group as if others have to cater to their needs.

If I wanted to run with someone I would at least bring my best and if I am short something I would at least hold off until I could meet the need of the team.

Seems that it is better to get carried than to actually do your best is some view.
    • Like x 3
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah, I guess I basically agree with the sentiment, but “lazy” just seems like a weird word/concept in the context of an entertainment medium to me.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I find that somewhat hard to believe, I'll present my case.

You're asserting that you had no trouble until spindrift, so:-
    • You had no issue with DWF when that was released, despite the fact there was a thread asking for DWF to be nerfed that was about 127 pages long and was one of the longest threads in the history of the forums?
    • You had no issue with Blackest Night when that was released, so no issues with people not doing the canisters on Nekron, planting the death pools on everyone? No issue?
    • You had no issue with Blackest Day with people not killing the turrets on Lyssa Drak, deciding the Book was a great place for a picnic or dying all over the place on the Black hand, powering him up continually? No problem at all huh.
    • You had no problem at all on KCT with people continually attacking Doomsday with the role specific attack up?
    • You had no problem with Gorilla Grodd's purple fire in Prison Break or the Turrets and electicity on first boss, you had no people standing in Dr Light's fire, or not blocking on Dr Light's skull attack? No problem at all...
    • You had no problem with Brother Bloods channel attack in UM and people not lunging, No problem with Avatar of Sins blood pool, No problem with Trigon's purple hex symbols or other mechanics being ignored...
    • You had no problem in Bombshells with players ignoring the portals etc on last boss...
    • You had no problems with the people ignoring the fire ground in GOM, or ignoring ZEUS' electricity debuff and pools or his Lightning strike requiring the soder... no not a problem.

but here we are expected to believe that things only got "harder" since spindrift, because you couldn't figure out how to place a puzzle piece and press a few cogs three times? Or it's harder because Murk pokes you in the tummy with a spear?

You have to see how I and probably anyone else reading this are going to find this exceptionally difficult to believe.
    • Like x 4
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

if you don't mind me asking, where exactly do the most deaths occur? in my case if anybody dies in anything it's usually at the thorn golem construction parts in crown of thorns or at the barnacular golem in silent school (some players rush right up to the golem during his one shots).
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah, I was talking in terms of post revamp. I apologise, I should have made that clear. DCUO was a very different animal back then. Heck I didn’t even do raids on a regular basis until Prison Break came out.
    • Like x 1
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Tank gets overwhelmed by the sheer number of enemies, and/or gets wrecked by Murk’s Gut Hook attack. Sometimes the sheer amount of mechanics in both the Throne fights combined with the length of the fights causes issues too.
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

might i ask what the usual group make up is when they fall? this might shed some light on causal effect correlations and i may be able to offer a solution possibly, barring for the stupidity of group members of course, i can't fix that.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Hang on, nah, nah, nah, nah... you're changing the parameters now to suit your argument.

You said that the game wasn't difficult prior to sprindrift and that clearly something changed? Are you now also suggesting that revamp now somehow made the content harder?

You've said now that you only started raiding on a regular basis from Prison Break, ok then regardless tell me, how then was your experience in.

• Prison Break
    • Darkseid's War Factory
    • Kandor Central Tower
    • Olympus
    • Gods of Monsters
    You had no trouble in PUG runs in those raids, given the itemized mechanics I outlined that were being actively ignored.

You had absolutely no trouble in DWF? You had no trouble in GOM with people ignoring the cyclops' hitting the ground with fire or people ignoring the phoenix or ignoring the harpy attacks or getting stoned all the time? You had no problem with Zeus' in PUG runs? You had no issue as I outlined in Prison Break?
    • Like x 1