Issue with the sp system and the game in general

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Alphabolt, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

nice try cupcake but legends has had issues for a number of years now.

try spinning it however you want I don't give a rats rear end.
    • Like x 1
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

How ON EARTH do you imagine that Time Capsules contain 150 SP? I thought you were talking about facts, here?
    • Like x 2
  3. Captain Domino Committed Player

At what point did I say I wanted to just do the easy feats and avoid doing the more difficult ones? Fun fact! I didn't.

The idea was to be able to earn small amounts of SP by playing, and would aid newer players earn feats in content most people don't run anymore. As for being able to abuse this by running the same duo over and over, they could make it so, once it's completed, you no longer gain SP exp until the weekly reset.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain Domino Committed Player

I suppose once maxed, the player can focus on alts or farm for other things they desire.
  5. Nu31 Well-Known Player

The issue is content. Content does not require skill points... content honestly does not even require gear. They need to fix content first, then address the other issues after that.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

You said you wanted an alternative method to getting sp by just playing content, last i checked that would still include easy content yes?

So how is that any different than the copious amounts of easy feats that already exist including feats for running duos and the like or even just exploring places.

Nah sorry but your idea regardless of how much merit you consider it to have simply promotes laziness especially when there are so many feats out there already easy enough to get.
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

pretty much this ^. for the most part the harder feats in instances are doable with team work and a bit of hard knowledge and concrete skill, however most players either skipped straight to 210 with no real chance to establish these and gain a thorough grasp of them, or they leveled up by being carried, never really sharpening and honing their actual skills, always being the lowest dps for most or performing second fiddle to a better support role player. though i would say it isn't the content, it's us as the players that can't complete the harder content, most people haven't even figured out that end game tier bosses are designed to check melee dpses in response to the rise of melee range weapon users for example. but of course, such people will never learn.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

To add to this, Laziness is actually a large contributing factor.

These players got handed a bunch of free feats using skip tokens or as you say simply got power leveled to end game (Titan's and Atlantis) and simply refuse to go back and do the earlier feats, they just expect to now continue to be carried through the most recent content, including elite.

What's worse is they're actually well placed to go back and get all the easier feats quite easily given the stats received from their CR will allow them to have a much easier time than other players had doing those feats at relevancy.

It is just outright laziness, because they could quite easily and quite quickly do this, but they refuse, because they're both lazy and they're being told by other outright incompetent players that SP don't matter so this really bad attitude is just compounding upon itself.
    • Like x 5
  9. Nu31 Well-Known Player

I completely agree... its a laziness / entitled mentality that sadly, has seemed to be indirectly influenced by the devs; through the means in which you already stated.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain Domino Committed Player

The issue with these easier feats is that a lot of players have already completed them and have moved on, which puts newer players in tough spot because, no one wants to run old content, because they have no reason to.

Most of the time it takes longer to get a group than run the content itself...which is a problem. Back when the game was heavily populated, getting folks to run older stuff wasn't that difficult.

And yes, it would include easy content but, they could make it so minimal that simply running old/easy content wouldn't suffice, you'd need to still grind feats to make it practical.

I was just trying to think of a way to please both ends of the spectrum. Help newcomers by making it easier to get people to run content relevant to them, and Vets by giving them an incentive to run it even after they have completed all feats associated with said content. I see it as a win- win. But, again it was just an idea, I apologize if it seemed stupid to you, I was merely brainstorming.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

To be fair though, it's not just the developers though, there's a clear and conscious decision being made by these players, not to bother to go back and get these skill points and feats.

This is why people say create SP gates for content, because at some point you have to just force these people to stop making bad decisions lol :)
    • Like x 5
  12. Proxystar #Perception

It won't motivate the vets to run older content, they'll just keep playing content within their relevancy that inadvertantly gives them the passive feats. It wont fix the problem with the SP gap between new players and veterans, because they'll both move at the same time and the gap will remain static.

You also couldn't have the passive feats be too high without running the risk of diminishing the skill points value.

The trouble really is that people simply don't want to work on the older feats, they just say "no one plays it anymore" I play plenty of old content for example and help people just get the feats inadvertently or on purpose if asked beforehand. The queues take a bit longer to pop, but they do pop eventually.

There is also the factor of joining a league, this can't be understated, far too many people claiming difficulty then insisting they're better off as lone wolves...

In addition to this point I've come across numerous people who aren't not only avoiding the larger content old feats, they're avoiding small content feats they could do by themselves.

Let's take you for example, since you've got your names in your signature I'm going to assume you don't mind as you've already let everyone know who you are. I'm going to assume Azazel I is your main with 196SP, since it's the highest.

1. you've got nearly all of the instance specific LPVE feats you could be working on, there are significant SP there, you only need one person to help you with many of these team up feats for example.
    2. You have none of the feats for collecting the base items like Playhouse and occult, you could be buying these on the broker.
    3. You don't have the feats for collections, briefings and investigations from the classic game, a solo task.
    4. You don't have the assembly feats for making soders, creating items, salvaging items. a solo task.
    5. You are missing almost every classic style feat from the game.
    6. You have none of the valentines event feats? Why are you not playing the current valentines event for the feats?
    The list actually goes on. You are by no means alone, but perhaps you can see what I mean when I say there are literally tonnes and tonnes of feats that people need too and literally can go back and get even without help but are refusing to do so.
    I'd actually take your suggestion more seriously if you had all of these solo feats done and were stuck trying to get raid feats done, but you're not and this is why it's hard to take your suggestion that you be given "passive feats" just for playing content as not being a request to be given skill points because you don't want to actually go back and do the work :)
    • Like x 3
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

While I agree that laziness amongst the populace is huge (including in myself most days), there is one significant thing about this situation that should be noted: a Premium player who buys his way to CR210 may not actually have access to the other 30 Episodes and the hundreds of Feats that lie therein. A brand new 210 player who doesn't get a sub only has access to Earth 3, Atlantis Events and everything up to Prime Battleground. (And PvP. And LPvE. And don't forget Open Episodes...)

I guess my point is this: just keep in mind that the lack of a subscription gates a whole lot of players from old content that we take for granted. Premiums are people too. :)
  14. Proxystar #Perception

it's not my problem they're not paying, their choice not to pay is actively limiting their ability to progress their character and if they think they can pair that choice with an expectation that I 'carry their underprepared' character continually through content then, the answer is "no".

I won't assist a player who is making active choices not to help themselves.
    • Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Imagine calling people lazy for not doing certain things in a video game with a straight face :D
  16. Proxystar #Perception

And comments like this purposefully omit the context in order to try and diminish the point and make the point seem like it's unreasonable and somehow "ruining the fun".

A casual player, just playing the video game for fun, doesn't care about skill points, doesn't care about running elite content and simply doesn't care about anything outside of how pretty their character looks, they log in, have a bit of fun and log out.

A serious player does care about their characters progression and does care about completing the feats. They strive to run the hardest content, being elite and have an expectation that the other players going in there share a similar mindset.

They do not want to be burdened by players who think they can just play casually but come into elite content and **** all over the place, wasting the other peoples time, so actually yes, you can be considered lazy for not doing certain things in a video game when considered in that context and yes it can be said to someone with a straight face.
    • Like x 4
  17. majosea Dedicated Player

A casual player, just playing the video game for fun, doesn't care about skill points, doesn't care about running elite content and simply doesn't care about anything outside of how pretty their character looks, they log in, have a bit of fun and log out.

100 % agree with this , it just sp getting in the way at times for a casual player if you have low sp and pug you will be kick.
    and then there groups the ruin feats for others , because that person has low sp , ruin all feats for other players dont help, it just ruins the game for all players.

I try to get players feats , even if they dont ask for them ,
    why ? one day they will need them
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

See, this is why I stick to normal content, I don’t consider it to be my business how other people play a video game and normal content affords me that luxury. Or, at least it used to until certain people started demanding that every version of an instance be catered to them and their expectations and we started getting nonsense like Murk’s Gut Hook. But I digress.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Not accurate, normal content simply isn't that difficult.
    • Like x 2
  20. Zneeak Devoted Player

A new player shouldn't be expecting anything less than missing out if they tier-skip to end-game. If people took their time actually playing the game, they'd realize just how much of that grind they could actually get done in a fairly timely matter rather than feeling like they are entitled to a fast forward, 400sp toon at end-game, just because older players have it.

Of course this is not only a player issue, it's an issue created by the developers aswell.
    • Like x 1