New artifacts, could we see some new nth metal

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

As we drive closer and closer to new artifacts and new episode, and closer and closer to the possible chance of 180-200 Artifacts.

i cant help but feeling these nth metal we currently have isnt enough.

Do you think we could possibly see some new nth metal that gives more XP?

i know this is suppose to be a grind but the nth metal you need to just to get 160 is crazy i cant even begin to imagine how many we will need for 180-200
    • Like x 1
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I think maybe it’s time to trade all nth metal so people wouldn’t mine grinding the artifacts and trade them to our alts.

And even another 20 level push (180 or 200) would be too much for many players in my opinion.. i think*

[IMG]
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

adding the 3,000 xp augmented nth metal from the vault as a rare drop for every continuous 50 to 100 nth metal pieces collected in one go would be a start. and it encourages players to be online more.
    • Like x 2
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i agree with that instead of getting 20 or 50 or 200 every once in awhile.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Or eliminate the 10 and 20 xp drops completely in favor of more 50 and 100...keep the same drop rates(every 5 min or so), just increase the percentage chance it will be more valuable XP. Kills the progression from level 1-20, but that's pretty simple already.

But yeah, if 180 is coming (let's not even talk about 200), a new Nth like a 5K piece or something....or drop rates(already seem pretty high)...will have to change. I'm sure the hope is that people will buy Nth boxes from the MP, but I think even the big spenders will tire of that pretty quick.

Either that or you will see a new MP item on sale for 'Nth XP booster' that you can eat and make your own "Double XP weekend" anytime you want (well 30 min....not weekend), but as that will negatively impact Nth box sales, I doubt that will happen. How about a 'Nth booster' (10 or 20%) that Rare drops in Promethium boxes and has a 1 or 2 hour expiration when dropped....Now you'd be more likely to go buy a Nth box as if it's rare enough and has a short timer, you'd be under the gun to maximize it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

If I were you all I would save nth cache. If the level to 180-200, the experience dropped in the cache will go up. I'm saving mine
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

If it goes like it has, approx 1,360,000 to 180 and 2,720,000 to 200.With those figures in mind I'm not sure why anyone is keen to subject themselves to that too quickly, especially when numerous people claim they haven't even broken 160 yet, ask yourself if you don't have 3 - 6 artifacts leveled up to 160 yet, since you can carry three artifacts why are you even asking for an artifact level increase (I'm not specifically asking you this Jareth, but anyone in this position)

Not to mention the balance issues that might be created by strengthening some of these artifacts that are already by all intents and purposes pretty over powered in many regards at 160, what do you do with the EOG for example increase field to 12 seconds, make it even more powerful?

For context on the grind too, let's say you get maybe 2000 nth metal an hour, it would take you (4,080,000) 2,040 hours to get the nth metal required or 85 days of non stop play, if you played 4 hours per day average it would be 510 days, for one artifact...

It'd be sped up a little bit by weekly vault etc, but not much... alternatively you could pay for 55 75k nth metals at a price of $550USD, give or take a bit for rounding and discounts etc.

This is why I find it someone humourous people will complain about having to pay for membership or pay for a seal here or there but then make requests like this to extend artifact level caps without giving it all even the remotest of thoughts lol ;)

Now I'm not saying it won't happen eventually, but I certainly wouldn't be in such a rush and as you've rightfully pointed out I think the nth metal received would have to be significantly increased to avoid this turning into escalated insanity.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Still haven't hit 140 yet...
  9. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Someone should create a thread every day asking them not to increase the levels, & everyone on the forums should like it, every day.

They are already borderline game breaking with some roles being able to run near infinite supercharges. Where do they even go from there.
    • Like x 1
  10. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

the highest i've gotten is to 144 that's it and i got lucky... im slowly getting up to 160 and i am working on alts.
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Totally agree i dont understand why people would want it increase but me and you both we've seen the threads its gonna happen sooner or later the increase of nth metal would aleast help.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think anyone is asking for 180 or 200(ok...well not that many anyway)....but we can assume it's coming because of past history. I know I'm not looking for it...only have 1 artifact at 160 and a few more at 140 waiting on that elusive double Nth XP weekend we all hope is coming around Mar 28th.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Not exactly related, but for storage purposes, I wouldn’t mind an R&D nth metal fusion. Got sixty of the 50? Fuse it into one 3000. So on and so on - free up some space.
    • Like x 5
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sounds like a good idea, but I doubt it will go anywhere. DBG has no incentive to let us keep our Nth forever...well until the next double XP weekend at least, which is what you'd see. This is especially true of premium or free users who don't have the inventory to hold all the different Nth for very long (I know...I run some premiums...that stuff eats a lot of inventory), which pushes inventory slot sales (I'd guess....it did for me). Maybe you'd see it at some point, but i'd guess it will shortly come in before they add some new pile of things to our potential inventory. It's the same reason they made the salvage exobytes only stack to 4....they want us using them as we get them...by design.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1