Gen mods, alts" mains" clamp content.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

So basically in this last episode we got the generator mod box allows you to chose any mod you want.
    That was/is a great design loved it.

But i couldn't help but feeling i wanted some on my alts.

So here's my idea make the Generator box mods drop from clamp content and make it match their Cr/Tier of whatever content they are in.

You already have these mods in game i've seen them drop in Blackest night just right off back of my mind, i've also seen a few drop that were like T3.

But this would encourage players who have alts and aren't exactly at end game or people who are new and just want gen mods to go run the clamp content.

Do the mods just like how you got the gear expect with the Tiers of content.
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

I understand the sentiment, yet I do not get why the mindset isn't the following:

"There's stuff later down the road. If you get there, you'll get it".

I can't really grasp the concept of wanting something early on that already exists later on. Get to the endgame, get the new stuff. Want older stuff, run older content. The latter is basically only true for feats or base items.
    • Like x 1
  3. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i defenitly see the confusion on that i was wondering if i should of included that in my op, most old content doesnt que up, on top of that gen mods have a very very low chance of dropping at lower tiers.

trust me i loved to run old content and get the gen mods out a vendor or something like that but it just isnt possible i've made so many alts and i've seen content not queing up.

its one of my biggest [problems' with mmos] but its old content people already played its already dead and folks dont wanna play it anymore.

During that entire time i've only seen two gen mods drop.

in my eyes i shoudnt have to be rush at end game because thats all that is over there is end game content.

Gen mods weren't always a end game thing it should be around in content everywhere like it used to be, i am pretty postive the devs have already thought of this concept though tbh.
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

Gem Mods exist in the older content in the Boxes. It was retroactively done. I ran ultimate Soldier and saw the AoJ Gen mod box although it was in the Need/Greed menu.

Gen Mods are just another End Game tool where its still in the old content because at one point, it was End Game before the new stuff.

The Gen Mod Box having items in them determined by your CR may work but its a lot of retooling again for honestly an item that doesnt matter when leveling to get to End Game. Get them leisurely until you reach the latest End Game content them focus on getting them.
    • Like x 1
  5. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i see where you are coming from. i never even thought of it that way, most of time running old content and seeing failed groups i always assume it was the generator mods.

it never once adopt to my mind those things are just for end game and i should be focus on moving one alt at a time trying to reach end game with them.

but its as you said those old pieces of content used to be consider end game content. with the clamp content i guess gen mods defenitly wouldnt even have a use alright Trex you points are proven.

it was just an idea and sometimes not all ideas workout and you need other peoples opinion to help look at a different side of view.
    • Like x 1