back to skill points dont matter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Son1cPT, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Supremo BR Well-Known Player

Gear, skill points, artifacts, etc should have minimal impact on players' performance. If you are returning and don't feel like grinding stuff you are pretty much done with.
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

What game are you playing? Tetris?
    • Like x 1
  3. majosea Dedicated Player

cost reasonable
    [IMG]
    ,, nerf powers and then
    selling power back to players
    fyi thats kills games
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

By that logic they're already selling you the stats.

No they don't need to actually take your stats, all the have to do is make the next gear stat increases less and add more weight to other items to compensate.

I'd imagine you don't like that though because grinding the gear to stay relatively current is far easier, right.
  5. majosea Dedicated Player

I have no problem with gear or grind
    itf you want players to lvl up artifacts make them more like the augments
    remove the catalyst and seals
    and don't have players complaining about augments do you ?
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Putting the money issue aside, do you therefore then agree that should that aspect be removed the game would be better with more stats being in artifacts, augments and sp?
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

think the best way is treat them equal parts ratio , that way no one thing is op,
    cool with more stats . just not % stats that leads to power creep and whole new revamp
    and the augments system is way better in my eyes ,

I. no wall when upgrading
    2 its in the ui not taking up room in inventory or bank
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Of course, so it seems apart from whether a price is involved we appear to actually be in agreement.
  9. majosea Dedicated Player

thats a first lol
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Climate change.
  11. E Clip Dedicated Player

The catalysts are fine, its just a mov sink and it created an economy around it. That's a good thing considering we had economy only around TC's and OP collections.

Im not sure about the seals as of yet, since I was away for 9 months my artifacts are still at 120 so I dont have a first hand experience with the low breakthrough chances on 140 and 160 ... I imagine it can be quite painful if you spend 10 seals per artifact and not succeeding, which will force you to buy a seal of completion. I was getting furious when my level 23 augments took about 4-5 seals each with a 40% chance if memory serves me well.... now multiply that by 4 characters. 20% chance for level 160 on many artifacts for 4 characters will be a nightmare I guess. In fact I'll see how it goes for the artifacts on my main and I'll probably give up on leveling them up on the other toons if it takes too many seals.

What makes me uneasy with the whole artifacts system is that I never know what I sign up for and I never know what will be coming out next. Right now I have quite a lot of XP saved up along with 10 perfected that I bought during the latest sale, but today they announced a new episode with new artifacts. Im assuming a double XP weekend is near, but Im not sure if we're going to get the details on the new artifacts before that weekend. I want to make an informed decision: use the XP for the existing ones or save it for the new ones. This is a question for all: how was this handled in the past, were you kept in the dark about the new artifacts when there were double XP events before launching new artifacts or did you know the details of the new artifacts before the double XP weekends?
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

a player speaking my experience since i was here for those weekends, yeah they were never announce early unless it was a few days early.

The weekend things they never announce them until we are close to the weekend.
  13. Krossssss Well-Known Player

:cool: Can`t wait ,should be Awesome :cool:
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Ohhh. Assuming you put even a minor amount of thought into skill point allocation, you'll end up more effective. Let’s say 90 is good.

Power points are long, long gone, skill trees exist, and we can now more effectively differentiate between a power-focused build, a weapon-focused build, or a hybrid of the two. And those stat boosts WILL matter. No longer is your CR the ONLY thing that matters.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Agreed here. I pay for the game...the runs I pay for drop gear that levels me up and increases stats. Artifacts are bonus, normally giving stuff you should have, but don't really need if you are not wanting to pay even more for seals or cats...you can survive and advance without them. If you pull a majority of stats off gear, and add them to artifacts, you should also make a way to progress the artifacts (within reason) to a comparable level to keep up the stats you are losing with the removal from gear. That might be better % on breakthroughs, in-game ways to get seals, or make the stats separate from the 'benefits' (like SC bonus on the Eye artifact or whatever), and when you are trying for breakthroughs, you are only trying for those special benefits....the stats level separately.

I'm not 100% against the idea, but I'm against the idea of making additional money spend part of my progression.

Reinheld
  16. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Bingo!
  17. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Savior Prime, you have a new friend!