Anyone else notice a change in the Red Doomed Aura?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Feb 2, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I noticed it on the Crown of Thorns Golem and thought it was a new aura at first. Then I noticed a player wearing it. Double checked one of my toons that has that aura and the orange part is definitely gone. Intentional?
    • Like x 1
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

10:10

Yeah, the orange color is gone from the full aura, still remain on the modular red doomed auras.
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I noticed this as well. Was using the full red doomed aura on a fire based character because it looked like flame. Now, of course, it doesn't.
  4. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

I thought it looked different, totally ruined my Extremis Iron Man iconic style :(

Devs, hope this is a temp issue and is going to be reverted back to original asap.
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Still looks the same to me in game...i see both shades just fine. Maybe its a PSN issue.
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I'm on a PC, so PSN wouldn't affect me.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ok I saw a person with the red doomed aura and it looked normal, but when I tried it on my character I saw the crazy difference. Maybe it appears correctly on me when other people look but when I look at my character I see something different.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Yeah its full red now before it was an orange with a red.
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Here you go"

Before: [IMG]

After"[IMG]
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't see it normal on me, I don't see it normal on other players or Crown of Thorns Golem. Super weird. I wonder if it's not the aura itself but something else is distorting its appearance?
  11. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

A Dev reply on this would be good. Currently a little peeved that I can spend cash on the broker (having looked at the preview and decided that I like the look of the aura) only to have the appearance changed later without notification. Even worse if I opened time capsules to get the aura, checked a preview on the broker, then used the aura on a specific character because of that preview.
    • Like x 1
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

For me it’s no different, however my ps4 friend, it does look different, he sent me a screenshot, looks exactly like what the thorn golem got going on
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I noticed the change too....but I thought it was maybe my imagination. Glad to know it's not just me seeing this.
  14. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Ive done some testing and I have the answer. This change of the aura has impacted both PC and PSN players as far as I know. The male toons have been affected, as the female toons have not. I guess now I cant say that DCUO hasnt done anything exclusive for male toons. Lol
    • Like x 1
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just checked, and yes, it looks like the aura I paid for if I check a broker preview on a female character. Let's hope they fix it, since the characters I bought it for were both male.
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

We can also officially announce that the Thorn Golem identifies as male. Lol
    • Like x 3
  17. Warmonger Wayne Level 30

After all this time did it go back to normal for you guys? Still not flames for me.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It was still broken last night.
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

This was all a secret plot to get you to spend tons of money on the Broker buying Scorching Auras for those characters! ;)
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I probably wouldn't, even if there were any on the broker. Too worried that I'd buy one, and they'd change the colour. ;)