John Constantine's New Model teased by SJ

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

He looks good but Zatanna stole my heart. I really need Zatanna's style as gear style. The boots, the fishnets, the corset (hopefully as waist) are to die for. We been asking for standalone corsets and thights highs with heels for gazillion years. Hope Megzilla and our wonderfull art team make it happen.
    I think we can assume JL Dark episode its happening. Maybe they can even add Shazam into that mix to coincide with the movie.
    • Like x 3
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

I think Constantine styles are pretty basic and easily recreable with styles we already have. Maybe something like the chest for briefing reward but I can tell you if we have something that basic as style after the Riddle style fiasco, I'm going to be mad.
    I think Zatanna and Shazam should be the 2 styles of this episode, in case that includes Shazam.
  3. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Apollonia is correct. As Apollonia said, this image is most likely from the Zbrush phase of the model's creation, where an artists sculpts the character in 3D usually in a program called Zbrush. This sculpture has far too many polygons (a.k.a. "triangles"), though, and wouldn't be able to be placed directly into the game. Not unless your desire was to have flames shooting out of your PS4/PC/XB1 assuming it didn't just crash the game/hardware upon attempting to load it.

If this design is approved, the next stage will be to do something known as "re-topology", which is where they build another model over the top of the high resolution sculpture, with fewer triangles. An amount better suited for video game usage.

They then "bake" the high resolution details from the sculpted model onto special textures which tell the engine how light should interact with the surface. These textures are then applied to the lower resolution model.

The end result is that you get a textured model that looks almost as good as the original, but that can actually be used in a video game. Here's an example image from Wikipedia:

[IMG]

So to summarise: The final in-game John Constantine won't look as great as the image that was shared, because that would be impossible. But it'll look very similar. It's definitely not a drawing or concept art, though.

Also apologies to any CG experts out there for this entry-level, normie information :oops:
    • Like x 8
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Yeah we got some close styles but not the exact style. I want the slack tie, unbuttoned top button shirt, and coat. I'll take that over Shazam or Zatanna styles any day. But that is just me man, everyone has their own likes :).
    • Like x 2
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Well that is a shame as far as the model goes. Oh well...still excited at the idea of JLD content though!
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 8
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What you are looking at is the model that will (iterations aside) appear in-game.
    • Like x 8
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

As usual, you have no idea what you’re talking about.
    • Like x 8
  9. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Respectfully disagree.

DarkVisor is just bad at explaining. Perhaps I can 'pinch hit' for them.

That is not a 3D model. Anyone that says that 'that' is a 3D model is misinformed. (actually, a much worse word in my opinion, but i'm trying to be civil here). What you are looking at is indeed a 2D model, with the "illusion" of being 3D. Run your hand over the surface of that model. How many dimensions? Height and Width only, right? "depth" in this case, is purely fictional. An optical illusion. So it is more of a 'picture' or 'drawing' than a 3D model.

Now... once it's placed in game... that's a different story.

I find it mildly amusing that peeps bring up the phrase "in it's current iteration". A caterpillar, with time, becomes a butterfly, right? Each little change of that caterpillar could be called an 'iteration'. The current model might very well be the 'current iteration' but not the 'final iteration'. just like the caterpillar and butterfly are the same thing, just at different iterations.

Anyhooo… i'd love to continue discussing this further, at some other point in time. Have a nice day :)
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was just joking around, is he really going to? Because that would be both awesome and hilarious :D
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

he does look sort of possessed doesn't he?
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

At least he doesn't look plastic :p
  14. Megzilla Developer

Its called a screenshot
    • Like x 20
  15. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

You're a "flat -earther" aren't you?
    • Like x 4
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

So Constantine Model shown is a 2D model because its placed in a 2D format IE: a screenshot. But once its placed in game, its a 3D model but if I take a picture of the in game Constantine it becomes again 2D because again, its a screenshot.

Ladies and gentlemen, we know know the difference between a screenshot and a 3D image.
    • Like x 1
  17. Oceans Developer

I will up our screenshot of his in-game 3D model with a GIF of his in-game 3D model. :eek:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 20
  18. Megzilla Developer

WITCHCRAFT
    • Like x 18
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

How did you draw it moving?
    • Like x 23
  20. Eve YouTuber

OMG what are the odds 3 devs commenting on my thread lol
    John is soooooo handsome btw.
    • Like x 4