How is Nature healing doing?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by qwkiller, Jan 26, 2019.

1. qwkiller New Player

Should I just switch to electricity because I hear the Meta is shielding? Nature also just doesn't feel like the hots are enough anymore.
  2. Ryuvain Active Player

Nature heal is still good, but yes shields are the best in the game and Nature sadly lacks an 8 man shield.

Best power for sheer fun though imo.

Always find myself coming back to it.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature healing is good if you know what you're doing.
    • Like x 5
  4. qwkiller New Player

Super fun for sure. Nothing like watching all of those green ticks of healing. But at 243 CR hots seem like they take a while to heal a health bar fully. I'm thinking electrics more powerful initial heals will be better. Plus shielding supercharge cheese.

The only thing stopping me from switching is the hope that with higher gear my heals shoot through the roof.
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Nature is an ok heal power.
    1. Electric/water
    3. Celestial
    4. Sorcery
    5. Nature.
    The lack of an 8man SC shield in this game environment make it the worse heal
    • Like x 1
  6. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Nature healing is great imo. Sute it lacks a 8 man shield, but doesn't make it a terrible healer. It has Insectiod Form, which gives you basically a 2nd loadouts to work with. The EoG artifact makes Nature healing that much better proc'ing the EoG going in and out of Bug Form. The HoTs are the strongest in the game. Those HoTs can stack too. There are pros and cons to every healing power. The lack of a 8 man shield has not stopped people sending me tells to heal Atlantis Elite Raids. There are only a few elite raids that a 8 man is necessary.
  7. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

They just dont know. Too many wrong builds or bad experiences with inexperienced Nature Healers.
  8. L T Devoted Player

TIPS?
    • Like x 1
  9. qwkiller New Player

Well I use Cross Polination, Metabolism, Savage Growth, Flourish, swarmshield, and Priority Heal. I'm trying to figure out what ability to get rid of for bug form and also what to use in bugform.

Although as much as I love nature sometimes those hots take a while to fill a bar so Im still considering electricity? Is nature healing numbers (not shielding) comparable at least? Even without shields can we do the numbers?
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..
    I personally do not like switching to Bug Form so I do not use it. I think Bug Form should have more DOT powers and DOT shields because the form looks like a wasp; if you have ever been stung by a wasp (I have) then you know it does not feel good at all and can hurt for a good while, along with the itching and swelling that occurs. Plants can heal; wasps do not. If the bug form was a butterfly (for example) then it would make sense for the heals; butterflies don't hurt anyone.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you absolutely need to use Insectoid form, which in my opinion is a waste, replace it with Flourish. Just remember to add it to your Insectoid loadout.
    Normal: Savage Growth. Metabolism. Cross Pollination. Swarm Shield. Blossom. Insectoid Form

Insect: Flourish. Whatever. Whatever. Swarm Shield. Blossom. Return to Normal.
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'll give you what Ive been successful with.

This is a build given to me by a friend and it has been awesome.

So here it is.
    My build.
    CR256
    Must have artifacts imo...EoG, Demons Fang, and Orb
    338sp
    Specced Superpowered Focus, all crits for heals, 140sp into Resto, 130 into might/power, 1 in Health, 1 in Dom.
    I use HB weapon with Solar Flame and Pulse Beam unlocked.
    Movement Mode unlocked.
    Base Stats
    Power-63k. Resto-23k Dom-608 (running OP Neck from Earth 3)

Normal Form
    Savage Growth, Metabolism, Swarm Shield (only used in emergencies), Blossom, Flourish, Insectiod Form SC
    Insectiod Form
    Savage Growth, Cross Pollination, Bloom (when a big Heal is need) Metabolism, Flourish, return to normal

My rotation consists of setting 2 Dots early (1st 2 powers) and dropping Priority like a Hot, then refreshing with. Flourish when its off cool down in between weapon attacks and pop in and out of Bug Form, procing EoG adding another Dot with CP, using Bloom for BIG heals, and continuing to refresh pheremones with Flourish when it off cooldown, return to normal to reapply HoTs and Priority Heal, maybe a shield when needed. Shields are only there for those that do NOT want to follow mechanics. Sure they help but shouldnt be a NECESSITY, only a perk. I keep my pheromones up and refreshed continuously. If your using Nature right you will hardly ever be 2nd in heals when there are 2 heals (or thats how its been for myself, in my experience. In Altantis Content I have 25k rest versus my Celestial that has 29.7k rest and I believe my Nature Healer is the stronger of the 2. While rest is important, 20k plus is more than enough to solo heal anything. Speccing a little in to Dom also helps with Healing formula. At least 1 into Dom, 10 is great, 20 is probably overkill due to the scaling and can be used in other stats.
  13. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Nature Healing can be the sole healer in just about any content. It takes a little time and patience to practice your loadouts and fine tune one that works for you.

Short of One Shot mechanics, there isn't any alert that I pug into and make the group stay alive the entire time. However; I've had a lot of practice with Nature. My one tip for any healer.... is shields.

Damage shielded/mitigated is always better than Damage Healed.

So, yes, Nature is awesome in alerts. Raids... on the other hand... a bit more of a struggle, since Natures' shield is only a four man shield.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Nature Healing is really fun. It's my personal favorite. I started as a Nature Healer and while I've swapped out several times, I always come back.

If you're overly concerned with the optimal meta, then Electric Healer with an Eye of Gemini/Scrap of Soul Cloak/Manacles build for maximized 8 man shielding is it. But if you're not wanting to power reset and max out new artifacts constantly and don't get too obsessed with the Meta, then Nature (or any powerset really) can do it just fine.
    • Like x 2
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

personally i miss harvest being a stun/hot, other than a good 3 things i'd change i like nature for healing/damage. 1. an iconic ability to summon dogs like how canine form does it but minus the actual form change (just send in a bunch of hounds, capped at the 6 we get total from leader of the pack, while in human form, this iconic can be a super charge of equal cost to canine form), 2. an 8 man shield, preferably by tweaking swarm shield (this would be nice and VERY useful for sorcery and celestial as well), and 3. harvest made a hot/dot combination based on role again like roar is now.
  16. Siramez Well-Known Player

17. recoil2 Dedicated Player

• Like x 3
  18. Brit Loyal Player

Ever since they removed the Power Regeneration from Regeneration, Regeneration has been a garbage supercharge. When it healed Health AND Power, it was awesome. In it's current state, a Nature Healer's HoTs are innately good enough that adding yet another HoT on top of them is basically always overkill. Supercharge 8 person shields are great, because they add a safety net during Heavy attacks. But if they are determined that Nature should not get an 8-man shield, it would be nice if the Nature supercharge did, well, something that the normal Nature powers weren't already doing.

As a Nature Healer main, I haven't had a Supercharge on my bar for years now.
    • Like x 1
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I just started healing (again after a few years) and even though I don't have a shielding SC, I simply use the Insect Form to store one additional Pheromone HoT, and to spam EoG circles.
    The fact that Nature does not has a Shielding Supercharge should be enough to justify a 12s CD 2500 SC.

So basically, instead of Shielding everyone, I give the DPS more Supercharge uses and such faster encounters and fill up the controllers faster. Especially with the Croatoans in FoAE it's helpful sice you're more occupied with activating the Croatoans instead of generating SC :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Turtle Owner New Player

I definetly agree that Nature healing is still good with the Ability to still boost SC of your teammates to make things quicker but the Regeneration SC is not that usable anymore because of the Strong burst Heal and HoTs Nature already has. It would be literally an waste of SC using it with your other Abilitys instead changing it to a Heal over time + Shield SC like Sorcery has or a pure Nature 8 man Group shield that protects the Group from incoming Damage. The issue with Shield SC now is the SC cost of 10000 is alot and u have to time it corecctly or it was a waste of a important Ability. Nature should have an 8 man Group shield aswell to be more attractive for more Healers its one of the Top 3 Healing Powers in my Opinion and is fun to Play.

The SC Shield could look like the Thorn Burst Abillity surrounding you over the durration of the SC

Schimaera now this is the right post
    • Like x 2