seaonal vendors are uncomfortable to scroll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by LadyLightning, Jan 4, 2019.

1. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There is way too much now! Please put things in boxes and a loot picker like you did for artifacts.

sort boxes by year and price or item type!
    • Like x 10
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

+1 to this idea.

On a side note: I would like to see more loot boxes and less individual pieces throughout the game. Bosses should drop a loot/treasure box instead of having us choose our gear piece or additional items in haste while we try to keep up with the group.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Brilliant idea!
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sorry but no. We cannot view items that are within loot boxes.
    • Like x 5
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I agree with Knarly on this one. Until they can enable us to preview items that are inside loot boxes on vendors I would rather deal with the scrolling.
    • Like x 7
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

What they could do is make category (year) tabs and the put the items within each category (year) tab that they belong with.

Don't get me wrong I love loot boxes but I think tabs for each year would work a lot better and keep scrolling to a minimum.
    • Like x 4
  7. Vesper Dedicated Player

Category tabs for years on Seasonals would be great.

OR: category tabs for Gear, Styles (only), base items, pets, and collection pieces would be FANTASTIC.

Best of both:
    Seasonals with category tabs for Gear, Styles (only), base items, pets, and collection pieces with SUB CATEGORIES by YEAR!!!!!!!
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Agree with Knarly and Seth for different reasons: no Boxes on the Vendors, butt Bosses (and sub-bosses) drop a box that we can open at our leisure (some bosses give a mix of both: force us to pick before the timer runs out and it picks for us, and a box we can open later)

Have noticed that they may have started to unclutter the Seasonal Vendor by removing styles after you buy and equip them, only noticed it with the Absolute Zero gear though (couple years behind in style-buying, butt did buy the Waist last year so Cyana could have nice new belt with a pair of pistols, and this year, the waist style was missing for the characters who already had it)
  9. Alitain1 Well-Known Player

Yeah I'm all for tabs on the seasonal stuff. Unless they can make a way to see content in boxes, and see if you own it already, no. Then again when you go to buy episode bundles it'll show you that you already own X episodes and such. So maybe they can work the same setup for the items. Either way, tabs would be at least a good start. It does get annoying scrolling through everything. Especially since I've only recently started to try and work on the styles for my other characters, since generally I only get the seasonal stuff for my main(way too hard to maintain multiples through the events for me). But since she's along well enough I've had more time to spare for my alts. It'd be nice just to pop to whatever year tab I need to work on and go from there.

DarkVisor- The Absolute Zero gear was from last year and once you bought it it changed into placed for the Enhanced version and once you bought the plans it disappears so that's what you're referring to. But for things like styles it wouldn't be bad if they did vanish or at least hide maybe, upon purchasing. Though I wonder if it's more work on the system to recognize each character individually in terms of what they do and do not have available. One thing to do it for just one set of gear in the vendor, but all of them? Might not be worth the hassle.

While not really related to the topic, just felt like I'd add that I enjoyed the daily sale bundles. Sadly I was so busy during part of the month I couldn't even log on, so I missed out but I did get a few of the new base items and one style set on a couple alts in the bundle sales for cheaper so that really helped. I hope they continue this through all the seasonal events. Though the only drawback is you take a risk of either waiting in hopes what you want will go on sale, or just buying it as soon as you have the currency for it, but still it's a nice system.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Don't recall seeing the Enhanced or the plans on the vendor, just the waist not showing up for those who already had it (still don't know how many Motes you need or where to go to enhance the styles)
    Didn't even know there was an Absolute Zero face style until one of the characters had it drop from Larf

Probably too late (and a big hassle) to do that for the older styles (Santa's Little Helper and earlier), butt maybe for the newer styles (Absolute Zero and on), and it doesn't even have to be for Enhanced Styles: just, once you bought and equipped it, it gets removed from the Vendor (how many people have complained about accidentally buying a style they already had, and you can't trade them or sell them back)

Personally didn't have any trouble doing six characters each day (and that was doing both the Outdoor and Larf missions), butt don't know how many characters you have or your schedule
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I like this idea as well.
  12. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.

Great ideas here; I hope the devs take notice.

I liked the sale boxes that were available during the Winter event; for example the Blue Hope Box that gave you the blue decorated Christmas tree, garland and presents. You could see what was inside of the box on the vendor when you highlighted it before purchase. THOSE are the kinds of boxes I like and I think they should be offered for each event.
    • Like x 2
  13. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I was wondering if anyone else noticed or liked them.
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its not just the seasonal vendor. any list in game that has gotten too long has issues with scrolling. R and D vendors, Queue tabs, going to look for feats or collections and briefings. its a 50/50 shot something will scroll smoothly or if some sort of issue pops ups. The titles list nd the new materials tab also has issues.

the request for seasonal loot boxes does not imply RNG but rather you purchase one 2016 seasonal base item box and when you open it your prompted to a list of all 2016 seasonal base items from which you get to choose one. i like this idea much better than added tabs which will still clutter and lag a vendor. similar ideas have already been implemented in game.
    • Like x 1
  15. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Tabs across all vendors would be...
    I hope this applies even to non-seasonal ones. It's not like a new UI is on its way :cool:
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

If they get rid of Buy Back and Repair etc we could use those tabs for different years for seasonal, different roles for gear sellers etc.

So much potential. I would love if they cleaned up these menus.
    • Like x 1
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If they get rid of those tabs, then what? You know that if they remove those tabs it would not just be on the Seasonal Vendors, plus, removing those to make room for Yearly offerings would only work if there were two years on offer (there is at least five right now, plus another one would need to be added this year, etc... )
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The devs could add the buy back and repair as buttons in the corners or something. Or,.......... The devs could make buttons for each year and list them in a nice neat little box or something. One thing that they definitely need to do is get rid of the gawd-awful lists. Players should not need to scroll through hundred of items. The lists should be kept down to 15-20 items or so at most.
    • Like x 1
  19. tukuan Devoted Player

I was thinking for the seasonal as well as the second chance vendors that they need some tabs or filters to streamline the list.
  20. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Maybe with the UI update.

oh wait.
    • Like x 1