2019 Vault Updates?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CountryBoyof74, Jan 1, 2019.

1. CountryBoyof74 Well-Known Player

I think it should have a chance to drop every type of Currency, That would be helpful
  2. Brit Loyal Player

If this "every type of Currency" includes a chance to get PvP currency without having to PvP... that would be awesome.
    • Like x 7
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Fix for PvP confirmed xD
    • Like x 7
  4. VariableFire Loyal Player

Ha! Watch it be one solitary PVP mark.
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I liked when the mark(s) received were relevant to the character. So back when we had escalating marks of triumph per tier and a tier specific one for the end game tier, you got the endgame tier mark if you're cr was high enough or MoT equivalent to running the highest tier solo you could. Unfortunately at this point, that would mean adding new rules to the vault drop every 3 months, so I don't see that happening, as much as I would want it. Some seasonals currently add an extra drop to the vault, but that is code that is easily turned on and off, not re written at the start and end of the seasonal.

A random mark would be fine, but how far do you take it? Do you include seasonal marks? Would those only be available during the seasonal or year round? Would you have rules set up to prevent getting currency for episodes above your cr? Would there be an exception while the event version of an episode is live? Would there be weighting to the loot table(mov more common and endgame less common) or would all marks have an equal chance of dropping?

From a sheer number standpoint, we currently have 8 different pve marks (with a new one added every 3 months), 2 PvP marks, and 7 seasonal marks. Rng would not be in your favor for getting a specific mark, and would only get worse.
  6. TowerCitysFinest New Player

Personally, I think that Marks of Victory were working fine, Just pop a 7-day escrow and a boatload of MoVs off the MP every few months, nab the latest ep when it drops, great success or whatever the kids say these days.

But hey, what do I know? they don't even sell MoVs on the Marketplace, that'd just be pay to win. (even though you can buy a Massive skip to get you to Ep 27-ready status)

Although, when I do finally decide to cough up for L170 upgrade and pack 4, Best believe them Prime Reapers got it coming down Central City Way!
  7. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

I know when the game was designed they were trying to make it a "video game".
    You know busting barrels and presents, but I think we are past that ... at least I hope we are.

The Vault is just annoying time-consuming waste of time the way that it is.
    It's not about any kind of skill at all; it's just about enduring the Joker's rant and busting the presents as quickly as possible to get out of the dag thing.

I honestly would not do it at all except it drops a mark.

As an alto-holic, I do this thing several times a day and, honest, I mute the sound when I go into the thing.

As an All-Access member, wish I could just auto-complete it when I queue into it rather than having to do this "video game" like behavior.

Let's face it. There is NOTHING super-hero oriented about busting some presents with a bunch of whatever bouncing around the room.

Yeah, ti's time for a Vault overhaul all right.
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Coming.... waaaaaait for iiiiiiiit....

[IMG]

;)
  9. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

There are currency that i don't need, so not sure this would be helpful or not
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So what about a currency box? Sure it's a new code, but you get the box, open it and pick from 1 MoV, 1 'Episodic' or seasonal mark or 25 PvP marks(same as a PvP loss)? Maybe a prestige token or Victory token choice as well? Make the box unstackable or 24 hour expiring to avoid the eventual hording someone would come up with to abuse the system.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  11. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Im feeling this is the year we get the infamous Vault Survival Mode.
    • Like x 1
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I miss when transmute could break the clown box. Let all the presents drop and hit transmute twice and break all the presents at the same time.:(
  13. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

It would be nice if Prom Lockboxes and the Vault dropped a currency box that included everything but the last two DLC marks. Allows DCUO to get their replay sales and it lets others get currency for things they missed in the past that are harder to get now.
  14. TowerCitysFinest New Player

And when I put the L210 update on Erius Comet, they got a whuppin' alright! Still saving up me pennies for Pack 4 tho.
  15. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I'm still waiting for that 8 man vault raid ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Brit Loyal Player

A PvP loss actually nets 100 marks. But heck, even at the rate of 25 marks, I would take the PvP every single time just as an alternative to actually playing PvP.
    • Like x 1
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Same. But knowing that PVP losses still grant 100 Marks, maybe I'll dip my toes into the water at some point.
  18. Brit Loyal Player

If you see me on, we can chain run some 1v1s. At least if we're both terrible, they'll be over quickly without too much pain or embarrassment.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to get some PVP gear of some sort onto a character to even run it. I tend to only buy PVP gear that works as all around gear at the character's current Level since I don't run PVP. But now I'm getting to where I want gear that only comes as PVP gear paid for with Marks Of Valor. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You should have PVP'd when you could get 200 PVP marks for losing & 400 PVP marks for winning in Ace 2v2.