Broker rework/update/overhaul.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tzalim, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

Id be happy if the very least we could search whole collections by its name, not each individual piece.

its a pipe dream but it would be nice if the base items were separated by placement location as well (Floor, Wall, Ceiling)
    • Like x 5
  2. Vesper Dedicated Player

Bah humbug.

Yes there were exploiters. SO WHAT???? That was over 5 YEARS ago. $50 million Acoustium Casings and $200 million Superboy Plaques were there back in 2011 BEFORE the cash exploits. And there's $300 million Void Essence and Liquid Materials now.

Peeps buy for a price they are willing to pay. If peeps want my Cosmic Material or Original Smoke Aura bad enough, they'll pay the $250 million price tag. If they aren't willing, they won't. Simple.
    • Like x 2
  3. Vesper Dedicated Player

Now THAT would be WONDERFUL. Floor - Wall - Ceiling subgroups!!!!!!
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Possibly, but...so what? What you should be concerned with is buying power. Whatever you sell is going to be for the same "inflated" prices. If I work for an hour to get the equivalent of one loaf of bread, does it matter if I'm paid $1 for a $1 loaf or bread, or $5 for a $5 load of bread, or a billion dollars for a billion dollar loaf of bread?

We all have the same chance to get a rare OP collection drop or TC drop from a particular instance. We have equality of opportunity. (Assuming no more dupe bugs come along. THOSE are the only unfair advantages in our market.)
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Re: Vesper & Hraesvelg: Zack Tilly! This 'cash exploit' nonsense has very little to do with how much people are going to price their crap, about the only restriction is the Broker Fee (back in 2012 or 2013, Blacque had trouble repairing her gear because she barely had enough cash to put a stack of Exobits {or was it Bytes? always get those mixed up} up for the going rate {which was around 100-120k}, she had to drastically undersell them just to have enough to repair her gear and sell the stacks for a decent amount)

As for looking for a particular piece (rather than just any piece): you simply... enter the name you are looking for, and you don't even have to use the first word in your search (personally, to avoid ending up with pages of items not interested in, will take the last three letters of one word and the first three letters of the following word. At least, that's how personally do a search for price-check when placing items up for sale; ie instead of looking through every piece of the Nice List Collection, will type in " : dian ")
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Even easier, at least on the PC... just right click on the item you want to sell, and the broker will list the prices of any existing identical items for sale. I was SO pleased when I discovered that - no more remembering strange spellings. :D
  7. tinoman Dedicated Player

Real question though. You selling those items? LOL
  8. myandria Item Storage

Agreed and I would also like to have EVERY material have a preview option; its a bit annoying to have to go to the forums while on the PS4 to see/remember what the no preview materials look like. It would also be nice for the seasonal and yearly/ongoing events items to have their own tab and sub categories.
    • Like x 1
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

You can avoid the fees entirely if you sell it in /trade or here in the trading section of the forums. It isn't as easy, no, but once you get a few sales under your belt, you should have enough to keep the ball rolling. If someone works at it, they can get to respectable amounts of money in game. If they work HARD at it, they can get to ludicrous amounts, LOL.

The barrier to entry to this market is fairly minimal. For seed money? Grab some exo-materials. Grab some rare style drops in game. Get some rare OP drops. Sell unopened time caps the first couple of days they are released. You can either buy them back later for dirt cheap or just use your natural drops. Or, if you have zero personal integrity, sit in the HoD and beg for auras until some dupe gives you a few of them which you can resell.

Find a small market on certain collections, farm them, buy them off the broker, then corner the market. Set your own prices. Make tons of profit (unless the market randomly changes, like that collection is now auto-completed).

Save up some stabilizers, open some time caps in the first few days after a release. You can sell common collections for inflated prices before they settle in. Get a rare? Welcome to the big show. Now you can corner some of the smaller markets without even having to go farm them yourself.

There are fairly easy ways to make fast millions in the game, and if you work at it, in a short amount of time you can have hundreds of millions.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

How does that help you when you do not know what pieces are in the collection? You obviously knew to look for "Nice List: Diana Prince", but what about "Miniature Reigns" from the seahorse collection? If you have the rest of the pieces, how do you search for that one missing piece without going to the internet to look it up or asking someone "hey, what is piece 4 in the seahorse race collection"? Why not have the ability to "Show associated pieces" where I could have let's say the Primeval Boots and find all the associated pieces of Primeval gear? Too easy?....just type 'Primeval' and scroll down till you see all the pieces? Sure. What about 12 piece collections like the Polar Energy? What about that missing #9 piece you need? Why not be able to click on one you do have and 'show associated pieces' then see all 12 in alpha order? Sure still a little scrolling to find the one you need, but good luck guessing "Hardlight Construct" or whatever. How about when you are listing an item that is not in the broker? Wouldn't it be nice to "Show associated pieces" and see what the other 11 collection pieces are going for? Or maybe you fell into a Beyond Back piece....Sure would be nice to press on it and show the rest of the Beyond pieces so you could get an idea what the back should go for.

Can it be programmed? Probably. Worth the time investment? Maybe. Worth mentioning as an attractive upgrade to the broker? For sure.

BTW...if you are using your method to LIST items, you obviously don't know about the much needed upgrade that went in a few years ago to hit Triangle on an item in your inventory that brings up all like items, in lowest to highest price, regardless of if you can use it or not. Way better than typing the name, unchecking the 'items usable by me' box and sorting by price.

I'll give you the 2 or 3 letter method for single item searching is best...I use that myself, but only if I know what i'm looking for and don't have one in inventory. Much easier to search for 'ing ph' than "Flaming Phoenix Feather"....but again, I already know the name in this case.

Reinheld
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Can the PS guys not see the other collection names? If you have one of the collection, you can just hover over the blank ones on PC.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Haven't tried that....if so, that's semi-new. I'll check later. If so, I retract some of my statement about finding the names of missing pieces, but it would still come in handy for gear sets (especially the TC gear where they seem to revel in naming the head, chest, back and shoulders about 100 different ways), and to be able to see all pieces at once vs cherry picking each one if you are filling out a collection.

Reinheld
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

On the PS4, when you type in the name of the collection, it looks for that name first and only unless there are letters in the other collections that are in similar sequence. For example, if you just type "Diana Prince" then you are only going to get a search based on "Diana Prince" and any other related to the spelling, such as "The Nutcracker Prince" because it has the word "Prince" in it. The words "Nice List" must be included in order to see everything in that collection. That has been my experience with it and I use a keyboard to type for my PS4.

A lot of the hover/shortcuts that the PC version can do is not available for the console version; it is annoying, believe me.
  14. Vesper Dedicated Player

When I feel like it. I've sold 2 Original Smokes in the last year. Have 2 left in my stash. Depends on when I feel like tossing it out there.
  15. Brit Loyal Player

I would like a sort option where I can sort by Styles that are uncollected, the same way we can with Collections.
  16. Kestral Committed Player

I remember them talking about adding that to PS relatively recently that I think went into effect to list all of the collection names even the ones they don't have. I want to say this happened a few months after revamp but I don't remember.
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

if that's possible then its glitched for me. its never happened and I was just checking collection stuff not even an hour ago
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Ooo, will have to remember that, normally check the inventory while at the Broker to see what want to sell (and remember the name) and then manually enter part of the name, so skipping the typing should save a step :D
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, was just going to say: that sounded like a PS problem, on PC, once you have one piece you can see what the rest are (usually will ask what the first piece is because like to complete Seasonal Collections on all 6 active characters at the same time, and have a list showing what the other pieces are and cross them off as they get them, and lets me know who may need a duplicate before Broker-dumping or deleting it)
  20. VariableFire Loyal Player

Nope. Console users are stuck going online and looking up what the rest of the collection is.