DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jan 1, 2019.

1. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Might based gadgets, fire, hl, and nature can keep up with the regular combo for most* powersets.
    • Like x 1
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

You don't have to explain or justify anything you do. This post is about 3xploits and the devs are slow to fix them, and when they do, they often mess up gameplay for others.
    • Like x 1
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Ok, so that mean the regular combo is balanced. Which was my point.
    • Like x 1
  4. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Yeah but the problem I have with you is that you're complaining about the damage when that level of damage is possible for certain powers even without the exploit. Push to have the exploit gone because of fundamental principles or real life money pay to win, not because of some fake 40k st damage you heard from a random person with no footage to even prove it.
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

So gadgets prec can keep up, not by using consumables, but with pet clipping. Water can keep up, because it has a power that reset the buff, which reset the artifact. Those 2 powers can keep up. Using the above methods, soIt's fine? 40kst damage is possible, but since you can't reproduce, or that one player you ran with in throne e can"t. It's not true. I'm just going to stop replying to you, but thx for proving my point why the devs should hop right on top of exploits and not let them linger
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

100k dps over the course of a whole raid is possible. Since you can't reproduce it, you wouldn't know. Now since we both work alike, I feel no need to give any remote proof about anything and just by claiming it, it is simply true.

You see what I did there?
    • Like x 1
  7. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

It's not mathematically possible to reach 40k single target damage at a sparing target with no buffs or supercharges from standard testing protocol. I've reach 40k during spurts inside of atlantean content when I have every buff humanly possible on me, but it's a significant drop when you talk about sparring targets. And when you're comparing in content parsing, unless you have every other powerset prec and might specs with equal stats also tested previously inside of that content, you're biasing your opinion. I'll put 100mil that no one can provide exceptional footage (stats and current buffs showing, no editing, etc.) of base parsing at a single sparring target for 40k damage per second for a 30s or 60s parse. It's not possible to speed up your dps by 50% compared to people already doing the exploit with 160 artifacts and max stats almost.
    • Like x 1
  8. ALB Dedicated Player

Idk what you're talking about, but I would appreciate it if you do not try to derail thread. Ty.
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Really? This is funny. All I did was mirroring your claims with something even more ridiculous. You can't just claim something to prove your point without showing any remote and thorough prove of your claim in the first place, fella.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

So either learn to make your own game ordo something else.
  11. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

This thread is yikes.
    • Like x 1
  12. The Fairy Well-Known Player

why start a thread on the forums but can't take any criticism? or aren't open to other peoples opinions?
    • Like x 1
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

I brought up exploits being done ingame. A person who admitted 40k can't be done, but only 29k using the exploit and he can keep up with exploit using another exploit with water that can reset buff which reset artifact. You came in trying to derail thread with something you made up. The exploit I wrote about is real. What is real about your post?
    • Like x 1
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

It hasn't been any criticism. It's been players who exploit saying the exploit I brought not that bad.
    • Like x 1
  15. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

And I also want to add that it's not the weapon mastery combo nor the exploit's fault that the game's current state gives a ridiculous increase to prec inside of content. When I got to thinking about the actual difference between content and sparring target testing protocol, there's:
    - 5% prec compound omega in most runs I've been in (shared with might based users)
    - 10% precision from enchanted coral (only 3% for might users *unsure if balanced or not*
    - 20% weapon dps & 20% precision from trolls *might be around the same damage increase as 25%+ prec because of how weapon dps formula works*(not shared with might based users)
    - 675 extra precision from controller parasite artifact assuming 15k vit is possible (i'm at 13.6 but i have no gen's or artifacts, also not shared with might dps and this should theoretically scale with all the buffs to actually produce over 1k effective precision in content)
    - was going to write demon fang/cog passive but realized new orbital artifact and and tetra might work similarly
    - 16% prec and 16% weapon dps from sparring ai active (not shared with might based users)

In content, I could be sitting on 50% extra precision through buff %'s, 36% extra weapon dps, and another a slightly buffed 160 artifact's worth of prec from the parasite (160 venom is 556).

If we're at ~25k already, there's no way you shouldn't go into the 30-35 range, and when you get good crits or you're a strong powerset, it would make sense that you could theoretically reach 40k.

The issue and question then becomes, if trolls are essentially forced as prec dps buffs, should healers get pushed into might dps buffs? Say an artifact that makes priority or group heal gives % might to the lowest group members on power. And an artifact that makes every hot put out by a healer a might buff. And how would you create a might version of the sparring ai artifact without re-introducing AM counter mechanics? Combos don't counter rn just because they wanted to avoid that. Without something like this, might and prec could be close on targets, but the theoretical ceiling of damage, regardless of how probable or consistent it is, is a huge gap.
  16. The Fairy Well-Known Player

How can you be sure they're exploits? People have been talking Bow into SB and DW into bow way before you. So you can clearly see the devs don't see this as exploit.
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

How is water reset'ing the weapon buff an exploit? The reset works on every single water ability including shields and heal as well wtf lol Not my fault the VWD doesn't say it can only be activated once every 12s like a demon fang for example. I'm not the one that introduced a new reset mechanic to the game and started putting out new artifacts without even putting them on test server and they still aren't on test to this day.
  18. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

He's talking about an exploit that's used to buff the high damage it already does. There was a similar exploit to the one now that got removed by the stats revamp that plagued AM era, but now the same exploit is back but with weapons. It allows every prec dps power to achieve damage that's normally only achievable by the top 2-3 prec powers and it also builds your supercharge faster/proc's sparring ai easier.
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

I would just point out how the prec user prec is nerfed before the buffs happen. A prec user vs a might user with no buffs active period would lose by a lot. All the coral head mods +3% on 2 stats while prec got 5% on 1. Might dps, healers, and/or tanks would rather have the 3% /power /3% health/dom than the straight 5%. Most would anyway. Me as a prec user would switch out the prec buff that has to be cast or depend on another power for passive buff. While the Might users might get's debuffed and need buff that has to be cast and other power to fully utilize power.
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

It's not an exploit. I'm speaking about the jc part
    • Like x 1