So this pisses me off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by topflow619, Dec 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It is what it is. Nothing said will change that. The deadline was coming and people knew that. The reality is the feat will be unattainable after the 31st. I dont see anything wrong with it. It was a limited time deal thats about to end. We were lucky we got the emblem in the first place. The devs did what they saw fit.
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Honest question. Can players still get the feats that were given out for free last year around the winter seasonal?

Those bugged me to no end, since I wasn't around at the time.

I think both of you have valid points.

On one end, feats that are impossible to get in the future do irritate people.

On the other hand, the devs allowed more than enough time for current players to attain the item, and it was basically a question of "either we do this for a year only, or we don't do it at all." I think they made the right call.

Attaching a feat to the item made sense, because it would have been extremely odd to not do so but go ahead and attach ones to pretty much everything else on the vendor.

So while I agree with you that impossible-to-get feats are a constant thorn in the side of new players (imagine if the original valentine's day feats were never granted, for example), the question is likely: would you rather have a Superman emblem for a limited time or have had no Superman emblem at all?

In reality, I'm pretty sure that what will bug future players more is not being to get the emblem, more than the feat itself. Who knows, maybe the devs will even grant the feat after a while.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

How can I get the emblem? Is it on the market Place?
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Beat the Doomsday raid and buy it for 150 Tributes.

I just got mine. Last minute for the win !
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

Thing is I just returned but I'm only 237 CR. Never did that raid before and been asking LFG for help. I got to spend all day searching for a group to complete this raid? Is it easy? I never did it before.
  6. tinoman Dedicated Player

Do you know if Phoenix material if bought from the 2nd chance vendor is tradeable at all? It says account bound. But I have it collected already. I would like to sell on broker.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's on the Doomed Metropolis Vendor. That it's available only for Tributes is a clue to that; that Superman is dead, but will be coming back to life, in DCUO, is another clue.
  8. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I went ahead and use real cash for the feat. Disappointing. Please don't add feats like this again if they are just going to be limited time only. I would have missed this feat if I haven't returned due to the Winter 2018 sale.
  9. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

If you're referring to the gifting tree ones, the complete pack is on the vendor. Gift of Light collection box costing 100 holly leaves.

There is a Level 10+ version at Novice tier 2 which is easier than the "regular" one while having the same rewards. You can just do it with pugs since it's quite silly to expect a good team from that.
    No.
    • Like x 1
  10. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The devs will do what they see fit. Just make sure to keep up and pay attention to well advertised deadline cutoff dates.
    • Like x 3
  11. Sorceror Supreme New Player

Just to nitpick, the feat was actually unattainable before "after the 31st" as I couldn't see the emblem in the vendor during the last few hours of the 31st and that's just when I got on, so it could've been gone quite earlier than that for all I know. That seems very typical in this game, however. Never trust the last day of end dates.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

From the original post back in June:

This most iconic and treasured of styles will only be available for a limited time. It will be removed from the vendor on December 31, 2018, and no longer be available for purchase. Already-purchased emblems will not be removed.

And from all indications there were no edits to that post, so it's not like they snuck back and changed the wording.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...ath-of-superman-part-two.296774/#post-4140500
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

http://web.archive.org/web/20180710...e.com/news/dcuo-death-of-superman-launch-2018
    You're right, I don't see any indication they changed the wording either. On.

btw Staff don't have permission to change posts without leaving a mark? Great for transparency I guess, I won't be too happy if I were one though.
  14. Sorceror Supreme New Player

Indeed, they didn't make any changes to the original announcement, but the reminder they posted on December 7 says it is available -through- December 31. Therefore, if anyone that wasn't here six months ago were to have gone only from that, I think it's not unreasonable to think they should be able to trust such official announcements without having to double check what the company posts. No way to know if it was meant as an update, a clarification or if it was an oversight/mistake.

In either case it's inconsistent and I've actually been able to get a similar item granted on a character once before on the basis that it was removed prior to a stated deadline. I'm still amazed that event ending times are still too often left unspecified, even if near all veterans are used to how it happens by now.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, if something is supposed to end on a certain date, it normally usually means it ends when that date ends (ie 11:59pm), and not some random time anywhere between 12:01am and 11:59pm (or as long as stocks last, which could mean they run out five days after the event starts, butt that should never happen for virtual items that shouldn't even have a quantity limitation)
  16. Dene Devoted Player

This is the 3rd time i've seen people complaining in only 2 days.. perfect answer right here

If this wasn't made clear or clearly advertised, I would understand totally but it was made crystal clear
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.