Trailblazing Guide to Fire

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Soulburn32, Feb 16, 2013.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Exactly! The best thing I've found to do is hit...

Fireball Barrage -> Flashpoint -> Solar Amplifier

Right now Flashpoint will give me +30,000 sometimes on a single target hit. Add 6,000 to that with the Eye. Solar Amplifier is for a little extra after that. Remember, right now I only have 4 seconds. So currently this is the best combo for that time frame.

If the Boss is too far away then just Solar Amplifier.
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I posted in Arkham that Solar Amplifier is having issues. Has anyone else noticed it's not working correctly?

Here's my post slightly edited...

---

...Attack three targets...

Heat Vision - Will set target on fire. While it's active I can switch targets and that second or even third target will also catch on fire. (Working as intended.)

Install Solar Amplifier...

First target is set on fire. [My mistake, first target isn't set on fire.] But switching to another target does not set it on fire. Second and third targets will not be set on fire until burst at end.

This means by the end of using the power...

Before: Two DOTs per target at the end of use.
    Now Suddenly: First target has two DOT's, the others only have one.

Did something change and I missed the memo?

---

This means Heat Vision's abilities aren't even there anymore for some reason.
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

New best friends while fire tanking:

1. Scrap of the Soul Cloak
    2. Eye of Gemini
    3. Manacles of Force
    4. Pheromone Bloom + Supercharged PBIII head mod
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

That is working as intended. They took away the initial burning PI and put it at the end while boosting the initial damage done by each tick while using g the artifact.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup I posed this in the tank vs tank thread a few weeks back. Gemini tanking is amazing. You should try using the extended sc chest mod too. Together you are able to start a raid with only 1 sc and by keeping it on cooldown you can end a raid with maxed SC. The ability to spam it means you have a pretty strong hot up on yourself and you become more self sufficient with below standard healers.
  6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The Initial burning PI was there until Atlantis was released. And I can find no notes saying they removed it.

It makes no sense whatsoever to remove the original ability. Especially since setting things on fire is it's core function.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I still have the Hearty mod. I'll see how things work, but I can say that in a random queue-in run of Crown of Thorns (reg), I outhealed the healers using this. Even if I don't get Extended Supercharge, I find that by the time things finish out, I have to only do about half a dozen small weapon hits to fill out my SC bar. It's been amazing so far. EoG is a beautiful thing for Healers too. Some of my league mates have been firing off extra Oblivions, Big Guns, and other SC powers in runs and they're happy with being able to do extra damage that way too.

As to my loadout:

Engulf (sometimes replaced with either Fireball or Mesmerizing Lasso, depending on the situation)
    Immolation
    Burning Determination (sometimes Hard Light Shield, depending on the situation)
    Stoke Flames (if I need a group breakout, I'll replace this with Burnout)
    Backdraft
    Pheromone Bloom

Alternative suggestions welcome.
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

While fire Gemini I would run the exact same loadout lol. Reason I used extended sc mod is to have it up 100% of the time. One thing I didn’t test is if fires innate healing in buff affects the healing done by the HoT. EoG heals a percentage of your max health every second. I haven’t tried to see if it gets amplified by the healing buff. It’s been a while since I was fire so don’t remember testing that lol.
  9. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

So I've read a years worth of post on this thread. Conclusion:

You have to run one of if not both of the cast time powers(Fireburst/Mass det) to get fire Maximum DPS potential. So I am doomed to being a mediocre DPS because I will never use those powers again

Artifact's are essential to fire tanking. Going to try to get these artifacts leveled up
  10. L T Devoted Player

Fire actually winds up doing pretty well in recent content.
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

No you don't. I've out DPS'ed other fire users because I've based my load out around Empowered Channeling (Absorb Heat/Heat Vision). Unlike FB/MD, you can't be countered and get the whole damage from the cast. Also it give you a nice 5% Defense buff.

I have two armories I use during Raids.

Adds: Stoke Flames - Inferno - Spontaneous Combustion - Flashpoint - Absorb Heat - Heat Vision

Boss: Stoked Flames - Meteor Strike - [[SC or FP]] - Fireball Barrage - Absorb Heat - Heat Vision (Solar Amplifier)
    (MS builds up supercharge for Eye of Gemini.)

(Spontaneous Combustion or Flashpoint mattering on how close I'm allowed to get to the boss.)
    • Like x 3
  12. Elusian Crowd Control

Is there a non-weapon, non-casting powers kind of build for fire? It doesnt needs to be super-duper good, don't need to top scoreboard as I run with league ^^
  13. L T Devoted Player

You can mix weapons and clip them with super powers and still do not horribly with fire. If you don't want to use weapons at all then you can use wildfire, inferno, flashpoint, detonate, meteor strike, and a supercharge. I'm not sure how good that will do
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Got a question. Has anyone tried tanking with absorb heat and the empowered channeling mod? Absorb heat heals you while the channeling mod increases your defense? The ticks of absorb heat should also maintain your defense buff from your mechanic (30 defense buff to 50 defense buff).
  15. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I tried using it and I was having success until... Multiple adds jump on you. I can get two backdraft off before the channeling is over this giving me too cc's and two nice bursts. After I noticed this I switched absorb heat for burn out. With 6 pieces of elite gear the affinity mod C gives a noce boost for burnout's healing. Clipping backdraft with burnout gives a really nice burst heal. Absorb Heat only does well tanking single targets
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I was under the impression that absorb hear continued to heal you for each tick of might damage. That’s disappointing lol
  17. Mr. Awesome Well-Known Player

absorb heat is exactly what i needed! love the suggestion, and I like how my dmg looks with it as well! thanks
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

What do you guys think of Resto augments vs Dom augments when fire tanking? I already have well over the suggested Dom and full health spec'd. I have my 4 regular Dom augments at max and my generator mods are split with 2 Dom and 2 Rest, but was thinking of going with Resto for the episode augments?

Also I'm just starting to really get into tanking with fire so the only artifacts I have are 160 Gemini and 160 soul cloak. Any advice on which artifacts I should be using? I'm not trying to battle tank, I just want to build the best tank I can be with fire at 420sp
  19. BrandonB Well-Known Player

The Gemini and Soul Cloak are great if you're running a 25% super charge. I'd go with the Manacles as your third artifact. I went a little more dominance heavy after health to strengthen the two shields that I have in my load out. Reliance in self-heals in elite just doesn't pan out. Use shields, your self heals, keep things burning, use chronometric emitters, and kite. And by kite, I mean run for your life.
  20. Juiceman936 Well-Known Player

I don't use a shield when fire tanking. I rely on my self heals and the healer. And I tank elite raids
    • Like x 1