Dear devs & community - restructured progression proposal (including elite)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

To some extent, it's a rough juggle.
    How do you attract new peeps and keep old peeps around? I often wonder how many new peeps show up, run the game for a few days, maybe a week, and then leave. I have an idea of how many are veterans that 'come and go' taking a short break now and then. I hear their complaints, and I have no way to answer their problems. Casuals leave, vets leave They all have feedback on how they think they would like to improve the game. Here's a great example of that rough juggle: pvp

Some people hate it and wish it was removed from the game
    Some people love it and wish it had a higher priority in the game.

How do you balance that? listen to the feedback from both sides. it's a rough juggle. there is no simple solution. much like the OP said, there does need to be a change at some point, since the amount of peeps leaving is greater than the amount joining. not just pvp, but legends, the regular content, the elite content. something needs to change. Staying the course when the bleeding is real is not a viable option.
  2. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Now why would an entitled jumper agree roughly 20 times on the lack of challenge thing? Why would an entitled jumper suggest stat-clamp/"buff" for elite content to preserve the challenge of ANY elite content from being outgeared and diminished?

So the reward system of SM was against human nature because it was only styles, pets and furniture.... Pardon me, but I (and probably a lot of more people) do not share your "understanding" of the game.

Last try to explain:
    SM, Elite etc. are optional contents for what you show off here as a very self-centered and entitled minority of players, which is not helping your cause btw. The best gear cannot be put in optional content due to design/balance reason. With doing so, the dev team is basically shooting themselves in the foot (or even in the back).

That does not mean that the rewards granted need to be meaningless, worthless, etc. They just cannot top the main progression.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I get what you said, and i agree that the game needs to improve and fix glaring problems that it clearly has. Neglect PVP the way the devs decided it to do it is ludicrous, i haven´t see it that before in any other MMO i played, but that is not the problem that i have with people like the person i named before. What it bothers me is how entitled they are, they want the same stuff as the people who put more time and effort playing the game, and that is not right IMO.

As for the new people joining the game, i think we as a community can be a positive factor for them to staying, my league for example has a good balance of new and veteran people, and we help them to learn the game, the mechanics and try to help them to get some old feats. Be a better community is more important than just outright put everyone on the same level in terms of rewards, otherwise why would anyone new want to get better at the game if that person is gonna get the same rewards as the most dedicated/skilled players even if that person never get to play the game properly?
  4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Smart move ;) Have to disagree though with the last bit a lil: casuals do not nearly leave as much feedback as vets or elite players. It's part of the reason why the devs struggle in actually getting the game back to catering to the masses. So they ride with the sorta one-sided feedback they get.

You solve that with optionality. But it's not the struggle PvP has - the PvP community in itself is not able to find a compromise of what they want. They had the devs' ears and an openn dialogue.... roughly two years ago? They wasted it by not finding common ground amongst themselves, and then the devs basically gave up on it.

About the optionality: it is too late now to fully get that, agreed, since the PvP rewards of the past have been added to the game in a non-optional way. In total, the game is in a bad shape to turn it into an "a la carte" game where everyone can play the part(s) they prefer. These games however are the ones that gain audience in these times while the badly structured oldtimers bleed players all the way. Exception like always is of course WoW, but one to has to admit: the game has a lot of advanced structures in it for being such an oldtimer.
  5. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

First you can save your condescending attitude for someone else.
    Second, that balance you are talking about i´ts pointless, because regular content (which is the mandatory) is super dull and easy, so you don´t need the best gear to complete it.

And i wasn´t talking about SM obviously, but about the Elite rewards, that have stats. I personally never cared for cosmetic rewards.
  6. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

That equals: you never played SM?
  7. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I did, sold my forniture on the broker for good cash. Nice try tho.
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Many players refer to the last episode's elite content as what they're looking for in terms of difficulty. Did that episode save the game?
    • Like x 2
  9. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Neither killed the game, so what´s your point?
  10. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Which means: you wouldn't stop playing elite content either if the next DLC would feature exclusive furniture (allowed to trade for cash) and drop the elite styles, saving you the hassle to collect all the renown?
    • Like x 1
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

Up until the start of t5 u had dlcs strong enough content lasted.

Prime, fos 2 as examples. At teir there was a decent amount of people who readily skipped them. Same with 1 of the bat caves. Content such as that gave top level players and leagues content to enjoy and those who disliked it worked around it and come the next teir went back cleaned up styles and feats.

It was a fun setup. I honestly cant stomach this dcuo because its ******** easy. As a former buisness owner who grew and passed on a thriving company, been part of many birth and growths of buisnesses and been thankful to know very intelligent buisness men and woman I am sick at just how awful dcuo is and has been run

That is dcuo greatest complaint. Its endured countless bad decisions, and terrible neglect
    • Like x 1
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Read the post I quoted. Read my post. Infer the connection.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

I probably would, not gonna lie, but is not what i want from the game.
    You constantly throw WoW into the conversations when you talk about MMO´s, i wonder why you don´t go on those forums to ask the developers over there to gave the same rewards to all the players, no matter if they play on LFR or on Mythic difficulty....
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Your point is moot, since Titans was a praised episode and people played the heck out of it, i would go further and say that people stuck around more time with it than with Atlantis. Atlantis is done; people got their feats and styles and sign off until the next Episode comes out, because it doesn´t have that replay value that Titans had, i know for fact that at this point of Titans DLC my League was more active than now with Atlantis.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Did it drastically improve the population of the game? Or is your league representative of the entire game?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Elite content already includes exclusive base items.
  18. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

You can infer that by looking at the LFG chat. It was more active during Titans, but go on, continue with your narrative, i read what you have to say on this topic, and i don´t agree. You are on the side of the fence that don´t want challenging content, and if it is given, no rewards with stats on it, because you don´t want to bother with the challenge.
  19. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Speaking about entitlement....

And I wonder why you go against the person behind factual arguments that simply don't match with your desires instead of bringing some factual arguments that show how catering to a player group making up only a very small percentage of the population will help the game - and not just that very small minority.

I also notice that you do not read my posts thorughfully since it was the first time I brought up WoW; I did answer to someone else who brought up WoW before though.

I'm still willing to help you about your wondering: my accounts in DCUO hold a value of a couple of thousands bucks spend over the years and I'd prefer to keep that an active resource, even if the momentary course of the game is underwhelming. WoW on the other hand has just a couple of very advanced structures and approaches I think worth of taking a look at, but nothing else that captures my particular interest.

Now if you had actually paid more attention to my posts you'd notice that in fact I'm bringing up STO a lot of times for reference. Other than WoW, STO caught my particular interest. And yeah, over there the best "gear" is attained by R&D/crafting. Rewards there are basically accessible to everyone (console version, PC has some limitations) and if you play on higher difficulty, you get more of the rewards (more marks, ore, etc.). The game flourishes, and players willing to bring up lots of time can get along without spending money while players with lots of money can basically have most things nearly instantly. Different groups of players there benefit from each other, so the "against" factor all around in DCUO is rarely around there.

Willing to help me with my wondering, now?
  20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Point? I was talking about a possible reward structure in the future, not the current one. That does not need to exclude everything currently around. Unless you're fed up with the furniture already LOL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.