Sad Day Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's with an extreme heavy heart that we've decided to have our dog, Rocky, cross the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow. His health has been failing and he was recently diagnosed as a diabetic and the insulin treatments aren't working as his blood sugar levels are getting higher. He's also been having trouble walking. Today at the vet he lost his footing and couldn't stand up. After much heart breaking discussion we decided to end his suffering. To say we're heartbroken is an understatement. I've never had such a good dog in my life. Even as a puppy he was good. Never destructive and he was always good with the kids we've had in and out of our house. It's going to be tough explaining to the girls what's going on. Sofia keeps insisting that he's going to be OK. He's almost 12 years old which is very old for a big dog. Here he is in happier times:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Sorry to hear that about your dog.
    • Like x 1
  3. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Sorry this is happening to y'all. If its any comfort at least your dog can rest without pain
    • Like x 1
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Find comfort in the knowledge that you gave him a good life. Once I had to see a mere puppy pass away after his birth defect has caused him sickness at only a few months of age.

You might find relief by adopting a dog from your local shelter - it helped with our pain that we had a second dog, although her grief for the lost friend was almost just as severe as ours.

It helped us to print and frame a few pictures of him. Remember the good times.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

I'm sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is as I lost my horse and my dog year after year to illness.
    You know you gave him a good life and he was happy no matter what, to be by your side. He will be safe
    and won't suffer now from his health. Recovery from losing a animal, family member, isn't easy. I feel you,
    and hoping you recover easier.
    • Like x 1
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

sorry brother I know that's always hard I've been in that situation my self several times
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

twelve years is an epic lifetime for a big dog. the hard call is sometimes for the best. you should be proud you did right by your pal.
    • Like x 1
  8. killercomic Dedicated Player

Sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Rocky.
    • Like x 1
  9. Zeph El New Player

You have my condolences.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

He's gone now. Brave as always. He's no longer suffering.
    • Like x 1
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Ssorry for your loss
    • Like x 1
  12. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

I'm so sorry to hear that. I have also lost a dog due to illness he was only 7 years old
    • Like x 1
  13. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Sorry for your loss. I know what's it like to lose a faithful companion like Rocky but he will live on through the memories you and your family made with him.
    • Like x 1
  14. BƖack Dedicated Player

I am so sorry for you, god i know what exactly it mean after i experienced it myself exactly 43 days ago (31 october) which was halloween my dog left me after 17 years and i still can't...ehh i still can't recover myself, here my dog i post pics:

[IMG]
    [IMG]

:( I wish you a lot of strength to survive this hard time.
    • Like x 1
  15. BƖack Dedicated Player

RAINBOW BRIDGE

There is a bridge somewhere in this world that connects Paradise with Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its variety of wonderful colors.

From one end of this bridge extends an immeasurable, fabulously beautiful land covered with meadows, hills and valleys. As soon as the eye can see there is green, lush grass among which the colorful, wild flowers bloom.

This is a special Land, to which all our Animal Friends go to after death.

There is always sunny, warm and spring weather. Food, sweets and water are always there in abundance.

Older and once frail animals become young and healthy again.
    Those that were mutilated on Earth are once again healthy
    and efficient. All ailments go into oblivion.

They have been playing there all day and have been playing with each other in total harmony
    and friendship.

Unfortunately, for the complete happiness of these innocent Beings, they lack one important thing. They still miss this Special Person,
    who honestly and passionately loved them once while living on Earth.

All days in this carefree Land are spent on happy games
    and mows.

Sometimes, however, there are times when one of them suddenly stops, breaks his party with friends and strains his eyes hard.

His nose will start moving with interest! Eyes stare intensely and hopefully at a distant point!

His ears will be alert to the top!

This is the moment when he is determined to leave his amused group of friends. For a mysterious reason, he suddenly becomes happier, happier and so charmed.

The secret is that you have been noticed! Your dearest Friend met you, he smelled and heard from afar. He now runs to you and greets you with his former sincere joy. You, too, are happy, extending your hands and embracing your faithful Friend with affectionate tenderness
    and devotion.

Your face is thoroughly licked up with kisses that you remember wonderfully from earthly life.

There is a time again when you can look into the trustful and faithful eyes of your most beautiful Friend.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    • Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

:(
    • Like x 1
  17. Controller Devoted Player

Rock - thanks for posting this.

Our family just recently adopted an older Siamese cat. His name is Leo. He showed up on our property back in June of this year and I thought the thing was a fox, lol....with his triangular face.

I first noticed him as I pulled my truck into our yard to go in the house from a long day of work. He looked unwanted...raggedy and scrawny. He didn't run. He just sat there - looking. I called to him and he tilted his head somewhat.

We didn't even feed him for like a week when we first noticed him....thinking he'd go away eventually. Then my wife started feeling sorry for him and said we could at least feed him until the local humane society could come take him in.

Fast forward to now - six months later - he's ours. The family loves him. My sons have never had a pet before much less a Siamese Cat. This is personally my 4th cat I've had as a pet in my lifetime.

I say all this for this reason - Leo is OLD. We thought he was old when we took him in but after consulting with the former owner and the vet he is definitely in is Twilight Years.

Leo has brought our family a lot of joy in just this short time. I've talked to my sons and told them that Leo is old. But they understand the situation and still agreed to take him in.

We know we made the right choice. Leo's final years will be with a family that loves him as he is. We know the risk with this but will have it no other way.

Rockhound - I am certain that Rocky loves you and your family. You did GOOD by him. That is all we can do.

I take solace in the fact that we are doing good by Leo - even in his Twilight years.

Thanks again, Rockhound.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

We picked up his ashes today and again I had a lump in my throat. We miss him terribly. House is so empty without that big lug lying in front of the TV on his bed. Every once in a while I can hear his slight whine, the one he used to make when it was time to go outside. His brother has been moping around the house. We'll move on, of course. My daughter says we can get another Rocky. I told her that we might get another dog but there can never be another Rocky. For a big dog, he was the gentlest thing. Very good with the kids. I do appreciate the kind words. It is hard. Here is Rocky on the couch with 3 of the 4 cats who pre-deceased him and his brother on the left. Incidentally, Sammy, top right, was the first pet we had to put down. This was his last picture:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1