Dear Daybreak, in the future..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Burning_Baron, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Could you please opt to not have double crowns on weekends of big releases? SSB Ultimate came out. Why make me choose between the new game and DC? I wasn't even paying attention to DC all week in anticipation and only found out today sigh. Or do you do this on purpose :eek:?
  2. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

OR....you can pay more attention to the forums and announcements and plan accordingly.

Let's put it this way. Daybreak Games does not care what happens with other games, developers, or companies. They are going to do what they want to do, and when they are going to do it. Regardless of what happens elsewhere. That is their bottom line, and they are going to follow it.

"You're going to have to choose. But choose wisely...."
    • Like x 5
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

Most announcements are done on Wednesdays for Weekend Events. Also, its competition. Daybreak wants you in DCUO, not Smash or other games so thats why they do Weekend Events to increase gameplay and Population. STO, WoW and other games do this too.
    • Like x 7
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I think you just answered your own question.

It's like saying, "HBO!!! Why do you have to schedule Game of Thrones during prime time?!!! I have a show I like to watch on TNT!"
    • Like x 11
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

This is why we have things like twitter and etc lol.

Keep track of what DCUO's doing by looking at your phone during a mid-game of Smash Brothers lol.
    • Like x 2
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Really?
    • Like x 37
  7. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

So many gifs and meme's come to mind as a follow up to that, but I just can't make up my mind on which one to use. lol
    • Like x 2
  8. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 31
  9. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

lol And its not often you see TWO devs reply to a thread.

And the OP calls himself a loyal player. Well, the forums do anyway.
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

[IMG]

[IMG]

Ahhahahaa! Sorry.. I needed pictures...
    • Like x 2
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I think the reason behind this horribly inconvenient mess have been covered but I'll add my two cents........ What makes you think Daybreak gives a dang what some other company is doing with some other game? Players (OF THIS GAME... to clarify I AM talking about DCUO) beg for these double currency weekends and most would be very happy if they occurred every weekend. You are actually upset because it was schedule for a weekend when another MMO developed by a totally different company was scheduled to launch? Exactly what makes you think the CEO of Daybreak cares about SSB Ultimate?

I've seen threads like this before ... There was one a while back where some one was furious because deals like Double Crowns always happened on weekends when he had to work. And no matter what anyone tried to do to explain to him that a LOT more people have weekends off he was irate because HE missed out. Thousands of other players had more free time to play the game for longer periods and take full advantage of the bonus weekend but he didn't get to so it had to be a bad business decision LOL
    • Like x 2
  13. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Actually STO does have at least minor events nearly every weekend, and if it's just double xp/bonus loot/crafting bonus/focused piece of content on rotation. And of course they even have these minor events on top of the major events like Winter Wonderland etc.
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
  15. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I might see your point if say the CW DC crossover happened on Friday to Sunday or say Aquaman this weekend came out but Smash ??
    • Like x 1
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

lol really?
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Why in god's name should DC pay attention to other games? Should Daybreak also not do things when movies I love are released, or television show seasons drop, or a book by an author I love is released?

You're surely not saying that the game shouldn't be oriented around ME, after all, are you? If I'm busy, Daybreak should know and care!

Or maybe not.

"Dear Daybreak: I haven't been paying attention to the game AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Uh, no, it isn't. I feel your frustration, but it's 100% your responsibility, not Daybreak's.
    • Like x 3
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, can they also not schedule double or triple marks when I'm going to be otherwise occupied? I was at a birthday party this weekend and missed out on almost all day Saturday....C'mon Daybreak!....get your stuff in order! Shoot out an email to all users....like an evite so you can plan events around what we are doing!

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Hmm. All this time, I just kind of figured that when I wasn't on, the game just shut down.

Kinda like the Truman Show, but with DC. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

:confused: OUCH man.:confused:
    [IMG]
    While you're at it. Would you ask Pepsi to stop having sales at the same time that Coka-Cola & Dr Pepper are running specials?