Tsunami! The Water Guide

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Captain1Dynamo, Aug 11, 2017.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Replace depth charge with aqua lance. Use shark clipped with high tide into aqua lance. Not sure what you are doing that gives you higher parsers with shark but aqualance is more damage. Only use aqua lance into shark when you will use a sc. and even than I wouldn’t recommend it. Shark isn’t working as intended since it doesn’t always crit. It is supposed to have a forced crit attached to it but it doesn’t always crit. But you can take the chance and try to force the crit on vacuum if you want.
  2. Mystere Well-Known Player

With my rotation, using heat vision after shark often results in good crits and adds a dot - vac bubble also crits and adds the eye of gemini buff very often. Also for non-elite content stuff usually dies before the dots from Aqualance have ticked off whereas shark dmg is immediate. I havent tried replacing depth charge with aqualance but will tonight and see if it is better. Thanks for the idea.

3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ok I see, I normally run elite so things usually last a few sextra seconds. For none elite stuff run with depth charge and shark. Only use heat vision on bosses since it is a dps loss every other time. And shark atm is not a guaranteed crit. It is currently bugged.
  4. Mystere Well-Known Player

Ok after many more Elite runs last night, the following is hands down the best loadout I have found (I have 160 soul cloak and 160 eye of gemini).

The rotation is depth charge ->high tide -> bubble ->shark -> Vacuum Bubble (or gale if skimming) -> tsunami strikes (2 rotations) -> Repeat.

If you are running with a healer that also uses eye of gemini you can use Vac bubble at the end of each rotation. If not, you won't be able to use each time, but A LOT!. Make sure you are standing near 1 (preferrably) 2 DPS so that they are inside the red circle from eye of the gemini and watch the extra damage constantly flow in! The damage from eye of gemini will show as WHITE dmg numbers.

If you are not flight or skimming you can likely swap in your movement 2500 costs damaging super and do the same thing.

5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you are going to do elite than replace depth charge for aqua lance. During the rotation that you can’t use vacuum bubble use shark clipped with high tide into aqua lance. During the rotations that you can use vacuum bubble do aqua lance into high tide into shark.

Keep in mind that shark is currently bugged and will not crit. This means that you won’t always get the forced crit either on vacuum.
  6. Mystere Well-Known Player

I tried that but was doing better with depth charge.

7. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Have they even acknowledged shark frenzy not working? It never even worked on test and was reported multiple times. It seems like a decently easy fix and has been an issue for a very long time in my opinion.
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I think it’s the tool tip that’s incorrect, not the ability.

A High Tide Shark Frenzy makes the next power Crit if it’s immediately after. Best for Call of the Deep lol
  9. L T Devoted Player

I think if you have drown going the dot tick can "steal" the crit
  10. AquamantheKing Level 30

For Water DPS is it better to go with Might or Precision? I was thinking the weapon buff with riptide might make the buff stack but I'm not sure. I also don't know if precision is the better choice or what loadout to use for it. Anyone have any Intel on this?
  11. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Ok but even so it only increases the chance then as I have plenty of times the next power doesn’t crit either. Just saying as it stands water is low tier and doesn’t even work right XD
  12. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Nope I don’t use drown and it or have anything else going and call of the deep still won’t crit for sure, it’s not guaranteed just increased chance
  13. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It’s posible you aren’t timing it right. I’ve never had it not Crit.
  14. AquamantheKing Level 30

I decided to post up all of my stats and loadout for my healing role. I figured you all have the DPS side down and there isn't much left to discover since most of the loadouts do about the same damage and can't be improved but I see the healing side is barely mentioned. I hope to hear from the rest of you water healers out there. I have full gear and maxed resto, so I got my stats with the JLD bonus, league bonus, just no sodas or compound omegas. Just base stats if everything is maxed out. Hope this helps. Took me a while to get all of the info. Since the day I wrote it I've gained eleven more skill points so my might and power is a little bit over but the rest is the same.

Gear:Full Vendor, Full Elite Gear.
    League Bonuses: All unlocked.

Stats:
    Health:85511
    Power:51412
    Defense:28631
    Might:28219
    Restoration:33623
    Vitalization:7703
    Precision:12980
    Toughness:2500
    Dominance:2965
    Combat Rating:273

Stat Point Allocation:
    Focus: Hybrid
    Critical Healing Chance=20SP
    Critical Healing Magnitude=40SP
    Restoration=235SP
    Dominance=50SP
    Might and Power=10SP

Total Skill Points:361

Affinity Mod Bonuses:
    A:Restoration +1% Restoration
    B:Restoration +1% Restoration
    C:Healing Conservation
    D:Field Medic

Artifacts:
    1.Orb of Arion(160)
    Spectral Acolyte
    Arion's magic increases the effectiveness, cool down, and power cost of your [Priority Heal] by 300%. Upon casting a [Priority Heal] you summon a Spectral Acolyte.
    * Spectral Acolyte casts a [Priority Heal] for (50/50/100)% of your base [Priority Heal] every 1.5 seconds.
    * Spectral Acolyte lingers for (6/9/9) seconds, and cannot be summoned again until it departs.

Rank Bonuses:
    3% Power
    5% Restoration, 3% Health
    Spectral Acolyte (3)

2.Starheart Fragment(160)
    Jade Flame's Vitality
    Using a Group Heal grants you and up to 7 group members Health equal to (7.5/10/11.25)% of your Restoration.

Rank Bonuses:
    3% Restoration
    5% Health, 3% Precision
    Jade Flame's Vitality (3)

3.Demons Fang(Rank 160)
    Demon's Bite
    Every 12 seconds, hitting an enemy with a weapon attack empowers your weapon. While empowered, your next 6 weapon attacks deal additional damage to primary target equal to (5/6.6/7.4)% Restoration, and restore Power equal to (1.4/1.8/2)% of your Restoration.

Rank Bonuses:
    3% Precision
    5% Restoration, 3% Power
    Demon's Bite (3)

Adaptive Augments:
    1.JLD Rank 23

877 Health
    2112 Power
    319 Restoration

+3% Restoration and Power while in Justice League Dark content.

2.JLD Rank 23

877 Health
    2112 Power
    319 Restoration

+3% Restoration and Power while in Justice League Dark content.

Origin Augments:
    1.Rank 237

669 Health
    1618 Power
    242 Restoration

2.Rank 237

669 Health
    1618 Power
    242 Restoration

3.Rank 237

669 Health
    1618 Power
    242 Restoration

4.Rank 237

669 Health
    1618 Power
    242 Restoration

Loadout:
    1.Soothing Mist (For tanks or emergencies)

2.Mending Wave (Activate after Tempest Guard so it mitigates damage then heals)

3.Tsunami Strikes (heals the group member with the least amount of health while doing damage. Tip: the combo procs Demons Fangs Power Regen and extra damage ticks)

4.Tempest Guard (85% damage mitigation, used in conjunction with Mending Wave.)

5.Solace of the Sea(Heal Over Time/Area of Effect which also heals pets. Tip: even heals past the main circle, as far as the jellyfish can heal allies.

6.Riptide (followed after Solace of the Sea so you can have two Pools of water up at the same time doing double ticks of heals.)
  15. Throwawaybrown New Player

Hey. I just came back after a long multi-year gap in playing, and wanted to try out water, since I'm functionally starting from scratch either way given the big gap in SP/CR/Artifact-XP. I've been on the test server since it went active again for the metal-preview, and.... I can't get Call of The Deep to perform at all the way people advertise. Yes, it auto-crits if you go High-Tide>Shark>Call-of-The-Deep with the right timing, but the numbers, even on test server, with all gear at 270, all base augments on, all artifacts leveled to 160 (I wanted to level them to something realistic for actual play) etc... It still only crits for 150k-200k. Now GRANTED, that "only" should be in some serious quotation marks, because that's still very high, but I keep seeing clips of people from multiple episodes ago, not on test, hitting it consistently for 500K+ What element am I missing? (protip, whatever it is, the outdated guide above does not include it, because naturally I read through it before asking this.) I noticed that a lot of people... by which I mean basically all of them... pop supply drop before hitting their Call of The Deep critical. I thought that might have something to do with it, but when I tried popping a maximum-level supply-drop trinket first, it just behaved as advertised, regenerating health and power, rather than arbitrarily increasing the damage to more than double. Does this supply-drop trend have something to do with how they're hitting such higher damage?

Any advice as to the element I'm missing would be greatly appreciated.
  16. Turtle Owner New Player

I dont know how u are able to have full elite gear and this kind of loadout unless u never solo healed as a water healer the main reason water is so strong is the double shield with bubble and tempest guard so by simply not running bubble u lose the big advantage of water in raids resetting the solace is optional but most of the time u reset ur tempest guard so all group members get a dmg reductuion so u can heal them up after dmg or prevent them from oneshot like Shattered Gotham 2nd boss faust explosion.

I dont know why you run Starheart fragment if u maxed it and dont want to max another artifact u should wait for the doouble xp weekend or just cash ur manacles up to 140 to get the shield reduction bonus or the eye of gemini if u want to boost ur group with pheremone bloom for example.

tsunami strikes is not that helpfull in the newer content because it heals to slow there are better options like switching it for the bubble and use Flood of power it lets u use shield like 4 times or if u use solace get 4 solace of the seas on the ground + regaining power so if u see the troll is out or u struggle with power while spamming ur heals u can just pop SC and can heal every1.

Here is my loadout for Solo Waterhealing u can use it in a group aswell it doesnt matter but as a healer u wanna be able to solo heal so u can have 2 tanks or 1 more dps

LO: 1. Bubble
    2. riptide
    3. Tempest guard
    4. mending wave
    5. soothing mist
    6. Flood of power

Remember to always keep ur orb of arion pet alive so after 9 seconds just pop a soothing mist just to get the pet out to get additional healing tht can save lifes with all the shields and dmg over time mechanics
  17. Berza Committed Player

Supply drop increases damage for (I think) an extra 20% during 8 seconds. Also, you may be missing some SP. And, if you are not doing it, you should clip supply with a Stat trinket. White mods for neck and hand are basic too.
  18. Throwawaybrown New Player

Are you sure. None of the levels said they do, and every time I pop it, it doesn't seem to increase damage. Is it a specific mod, or piece of elite equipment that synergizes with supply drop to do this?
    Not on test server, you start with max SP on test.
    That's what I have been doing, but it still doesn't breach 170k (again, not bad, but not what's advertized, and not enough to base a loadout around)
    Hmmmm, the hand and neck mods that the base dispenser pops out certainly wouldn't make up such a difference... wait, are there non-dispeser neck and/or hand mods that make the supply drop increase damage?

Or... is GU97 going to nerf call of the deep? I mean, I thought that the update was all about artifacts, but you never know.
  19. Berza Committed Player

1. Yes, unless they did a ninja nerf supply drop at level 3 increases damage.
    2. Max SP on live is around 485-487,and last time I checked you get around 270? SP on test.
    3. Stat trinket increases you might between a 5-7%of max total, if I am not wrong.
    4. Dispenser mods are the only ones existing, 2% damage for hand and 4%? Might for neck.
    Not breaking differences, I know, but trying to help. I had never played water, so just figuring out what can help you.
    I don't have access to the game and I don't play might, but my leaguemates are around 42k unbuffed might.
    Are you using episode augments and latest generator mods?
  20. Throwawaybrown New Player

Hm, I've got the hand and neck mods you speak of, and I guess it's good to know about supply drop. As for test server SP, this current version of Test gives you 334 to play with, which you are right, is not max, but is more than enough to max both might and crit damage.