Dev Discussion Episode 33: "Atlantis: The Silent School" Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

I have asked QA to reproduce this. Thanks.
  2. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Charon,

You're welcome and no problem. For a moment I thought it was fixed after today's restart as I hadn't experienced the bug on one of my trolls earlier until I ran another healer through it and it happened again (he did get koed by a aoe/orb while in the form change and once he was picked up, he was transformed back into the creatures' form). I've ran several alts through the alert/instance today and most of the runs that had that particular puzzle room active consisted of this bug reoccurring most of the time. There were a couple of times I noticed that it didn't happen with me or someone else as the support role during those runs.

I am not sure entirely what the nature of this bug is but it is consistently happening or has consistently happened in most of my runs that had the cancer room puzzle active. It would usually occur right after the form change mechanic ends. I would say this form change role issue has been consistent for me so far. And nine out of ten times it would happen in any instance that had that particular room puzzle/form change active. I haven't experienced this bug in any other way besides the one mentioned so far.

Hopefully QA can reproduce this/run into this a few times and help figure out exactly what is going on so that this can be fixed soon. Thank you again for your time and dedication. It is very much appreciated.

Sincerely: Brav
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey devs....just wondering.... Who's the Excalabur fan? Thought the chant in the Thorn Golum cutscene sounded familiar.

Reinheld
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

This “Soul Barrage” attack is absolute garbage too. Sometimes it just randomly one shots you and is completely invisible and unavoidable.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well you got hit by multiple bolts of the barrage, that is super rare unless you're face tanking him as a dps. Agree though, this is unneccessary and should be slightly reduced.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s not rare, it actually happens to me all the ******* time from halfway across the bloody room.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm I run the instance three times a day and I've seen it happen once o_O
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I run it 3-4 times a day and see it nearly every day.
  10. Oueen Mera New Player

As much as I love the content of this DLC, I have to say that this Silent School Alert feels rather unrewarding. This is probably the longest alert we've had in a while. Rooms full of adds, puzzles, mini-sub bosses. All this before we even get to the Thorn Gollum or the Faceless One, and yet we aren't rewarded for any of that which we've done prior to getting to those last two rooms. Each completed puzzle room and mini-sub boss should at least drop something of worth, even if its just base items or collection pieces and not necessarily Rath Crowns.
    • Like x 2
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Still getting randomly obliterated by this Soul Barrage BS. Can’t block it if I don’t know it’s coming.
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i actually just got a group through silent school without anybody dying, the key is a good healer with a well thought out loadout and situational awareness. this was the event version but i think this time i got 3 players who weren't below 30.
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I still think Soul Barrage needs a tell.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If you’re knocked out and Faceless One does Call Of The Deep at ANY point before you’re revived, the attack hits you as you get up, instantly killing you again! If you’re trying to make me feel so humiliated that I quit DC then you’re doing a great job! :(

PS Soul Barrage is STILL too powerful to have no tell!
  15. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

Why would you put the return to last location portal right on the re-spawn spot?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.