Dev Discussion Episode 33: Royal Palace (Solo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Meowtapes, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowtapes Developer

Correct, he'll stop taking damage each time he goes to his phase transitions (which he does every 25% health). I did make a few changes though that should hopefully help with this! I greatly reduced the time before his failsafe kicks in, so the amount of time he spends standing there should be rather short if he isn't able to jump. I also added an aura to him when he does his damage reflect so that should help with readability if the VFX doesn't draw. :)

These will both be in an upcoming hotfix.
    • Like x 3
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Thanks for the update :)

Side note: Why does his Bubble look so much sleeker than the players ? Ours is all pixelated :( Any plans to update the visuals to match ?
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Ran it today, much better. Thanks again Meowtapes.

PS - I still like his Bubble better lol
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can you make the Impale attack a hard stun? If it hits you and doesn’t stun you, you’re forced to take all of the damage ticks and it’s pretty much a death sentence unless I use HL shield, drink my cola AND break the orange barrel.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is the Event version really different to the Solo version (other than no Feats in Event)?
    Zoltar still 'freezes' every time (and by 'every time', mean 'every time he changes his weapons') for all 6 characters
    Surprisingly, Zoom had no problems at all yesterday: outran the Thorns (only skipped three or four guards in the middle) and defeated Zoltar without getting knocked out even once

Completely agree with the damage tick problems: the spear and pistol weapons do far too much damage in too short a time (which is probably why Zoom managed to survive when the others failed)
  6. Myoxz Well-Known Player

It's not a glitch, it's just an error. After one activates the console after defeating Zoltar, Ocean Master says: "Wait! I'm far too important to die like this!". The subtitle says: "Wait! I'm far TO important..."
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Similar 'errors' during the Summer Fish Fry, can't remember the specifics butt when you finish the Boat Bashing mission, what Calculator voices and what pops up on the screen differ slightly
    Not to mention when you finish some of Orm's mission in Atlantis: he waffles on about one thing butt the subtitle says something completely different
  8. MiLady Well-Known Player

After the scoreboard was added to the end of the solo, I noticed there was a potential problem with one of the door switches.

After escaping the throne room, you have to travel through several doors. On the 2nd door, after KO'ing the guard, the activation button can sometimes fall down through the floor. Thus you have to restart the solo mission.

All of the other activation buttons are placed on top of the panel, but the 2nd hallway one is in front of the panel and can slide down and go through the floor. This has so far happened to me 1x, but I will let you know if it happens more times.
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can you hardcode Mera and Ocean Master to follow the player? It feels a bit weird just leaving them behind because they’d rather fight an npc they can’t even damage rather than, you know, escape the creeping death following us.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Or get to the last door, and have no voice over, or have the voice over butt no Mera until after you go through the door
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah exactly, it’s not stopping you from finishing the instance or anything but it’s a bit of a blow to immersion. Cyborg in the Titans alert will disengage from NPC’s and come follow you if you go too far ahead, I don’t know why they didn’t do that here.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You do all the work getting them to safety, and then they treat you like a fungal growth once you reach Atlantis!
    It's one thing for Orm to treat a hero that way, but Mera? o_O
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.