Dev Discussion Episode 33: Royal Palace (Solo)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Meowtapes, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meowtapes Developer

Hello everyone!

You have been summoned by Mera (heroes) or Ocean Master (villains) to the Royal Palace in Atlantis! Come join them and Aquaman deep under the sea.

Please leave any bugs or feedback regarding the solo in this thread!
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The instance and cutscenes are really nice I must say.

Sometimes however the last boss can glitch out of the map - he returns mind you with health as it was beforehand - but I can see this being an issue if he jolts off to get a weapon and glitches out completely. Maybe some failsafes could be needed for him so he doesn't become too eager to get to his weapon racks around the room.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Is the kill wall supposed to move THAT ridiculously fast? I don’t see support roles being able to finish this or anyone at all getting the Drift Destruction feat. I sped through, only killing lieutenants to open the doors and using a shield to activate terminals and I still only just make it in DPS stance.
  4. AquiloFury Committed Player

I have gotten the drift destruction feat twice in the regular version. I am an average player at best. I just wanted to say that it is attainable :)
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How? I edited the post after you posted this reply to add some context. :)
  6. AquiloFury Committed Player

Honestly....im not 100% sure lol. My main tactic is to pop a shield and fly by every enemy in a segment in order to get them to come after me. If I can get the adds with the lieutenant by the door...its a wrap for them lol. Hope that helps some. I will pay closer attention to my methods next time I'm on and running it. I can tell you that I got it on my water villain and my quantum villain.
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m literally not getting enough time to wait for anything. If I stop for any longer than five seconds I’ll end up dead in the last section.
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

i guess swiming is the wrong word, diving would be more accurate?
  9. AquiloFury Committed Player

Hmmm..i am not sure then. Maybe I just got lucky? I'm between 242 and 245 on both the toons..maybe it's my sp spec that is helping? I dint have a lot of sp..on my highest toon I have 233(I think). From what I've read, you are all about survivability..(not criticizing at all here :) ) I don't worry too much about it so I spec to maximize damage potential when in dps. Again..just spitballing here lol.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Could be, but I always do more damage than support roles in stuff, and Meowtapes said they were aiming for support roles to be able to do this. Who knows, maybe I’m just terrible at everything. Starting to wonder why I even bother, lol.
  11. AquiloFury Committed Player

Dont be so negative..the bottom line is that you finished. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

i liked the feats in the solo: defeat all under five minuzes and don't get knocked out... missed those speedrun feats a lot ^^ also: how ocean master and mera are screaming at the end, now THAT was good voice acting and it made me laugh for the right reason ^^ now, another willhelm scream from the player would have been fitting, but we got that in the last DLC allready...
    • Like x 1
  13. Meowtapes Developer

Just as a quick note if you're having difficulties with the Drift Destruction feat, you can complete it even if you die! You just won't get the For the King feat at the same time.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Oh ok, seems a bit cheesy but it’ll do for me ;) btw thank you so much for allowing us to use the terminal again on repeat runs! Not only is it super convenient to get plonked straight into the open world, but as Starnbock noted above, that cutscene is absolute gold and I don’t picture tiring of it anytime soon. :D
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Sometimes Commander Zoltar can glitch out. Mid fight he may stop doing anything and become invincible for a time, then all of a sudden he'll spawn at a side of the room and become attackable again. He doesn't reset however.
    • Like x 2
  16. AlanR80 Active Player

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't able to defeat Commander Zoltar. I was using my cr248 Quantum toon dps build, with approx. 200sp. I was throwing everything at him, including SC with the new relic at lv95, and orbital strikes.

I also experienced the 'invulnerable' glitch
  17. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Is the boss glitching being looked into at all ?
  18. Meowtapes Developer

From what everyone is describing, it sounds like people are interrupting him through CC or some other method. Him being undamageable during his phase transition when he changes weapons is intended. When he warps, that's his failsafe condition so that he won't get stuck for too long. I am looking into a way to keep players from being able to interrupt him from switching weapons though.

As far as the damage reflection issues I've noticed people reporting, sometimes FX aren't able to draw properly so you may not see his bubble shield when his damage reflection is going off. I can add an aura to him when he has that damage reflection shield that will always draw so that you at least have some sort of visual indication.
    • Like x 1
  19. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

So it’s intended that we can’t burn him too fast ? For example I’ll start the fight with a ramped up Call of the Deep Supercharge. It’ll almost KO him but not quite. Then he just stands there for 10 seconds invincible and then teleports.
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

I find he won't do the "stand around" bit nearly as much if you're fighting him in the center of the room where he can actually jump to the weapons. If he's too far away then he'll just do the staring contest before he realizes where he needs to be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.