Stan Lee has passed. 11/12/2018

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arqueiro Robusto, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i think a little bit of all of us just did too.

:(
    • Like x 2
  3. Oleandis Well-Known Player

RIP.
    • Like x 1
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

This is just like loosing a part of my self :(
    • Like x 2
  5. Vagrant Committed Player

We should all wear the helper halo today in commemoration.
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

R.I.P Stan Lee...going to miss his cameos in the Marvel movies
    • Like x 2
  7. Michael7269 Level 30

He's hangin' with Odin in Valhalla now. Excelsior!
    • Like x 1
  8. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

At least now he is reunited with his wife who died last year.
    • Like x 1
  9. Controller Devoted Player

Rest in Power, Stan.

Say hello to Jack Kirby and Dwayne McDuffie for us up there.
    • Like x 4
  10. Vesper Dedicated Player

One of the nicest comics insider I ever met. He's up there with Julie Schwartz now. The Man vs. The Distinguished Competition.
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I had read awhile back that Stan had filmed several generic ones that could be inserted into any movie; if true, we may keep seeing him for awhile to come. Still a sad day.
    • Like x 2
  12. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

A true legend has passed.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

RIP to Stan the Man. Met him at Chicago Comicon in 88 or 89, back when Comicons were still about comics. Got a FF#1 signed, took a few pics and talked for about 1 min....which was a lot seeing as the line went out the hall and down to the elevators. Class act and a nice guy.

"Nuff said!"

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  14. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Smh aww this is tragic news indeed :(.
    • Like x 1
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Is it in bad taste to say that they don't have to end?
  16. TheDark Devoted Player

Mother of god. He could’ve easily lived for another 95 years. He was the only person, other than Kevin Conroy, who I wanted to meet.
    • Like x 1
  17. Kharhaz Committed Player

He was a class act who gave to the world an escape from real life to enjoy themself in a fantasy world he created.

In moments like this, there are no Marvel or DC fanboys, only a coming together to appreciate the greatness this guy gave to the world.

Rest in Peace.
    • Like x 2
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A Legend has passed away and the comic book world and all of us that have enjoyed all that he created will mourn him. I was pleased to see several memorials going in Gotham and Metropolis this evening. Rest in Peace Stan.
  19. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Well, that sucks. I grew up reading a lot of what he and others did.

https://www.presstelegram.com/2018/...-was-the-man-long-before-marvel-movies-began/

My friends & I used to save up our pop bottles and take them down to the UtoteM in my wagon so that we could buy Stan the Mans comics. Of coarse, we would read as many as we could before we were told we have to buy something or leave. :D
    [IMG]
    We would then grab a candy and a Dr Pepper & pick out which ones we liked the best and............:p buy as many as we could. On the way home we would go behind one of the first Hobby Lobby Stores and dumpster dive in the paper dumpster. We would sit in the dumpster and sort out which items we could use at home. After we found what we liked we would go to a friends house and make our own comics that would go with the comics we just bought. Then we would go outside playing superheroes acting out the scenes from the comics and beating the tar out of each other. LOL

All kids young & old just lost a little something today.
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He's done work for DC before as well.

So many childhoods were made from this man, the world owes him a huge debt. I just hope the MCU continues to do him proud.
    • Like x 2