This is regarding queues and feat farming

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Right off the bat I would like to say if you are a person who wil say “get a better league” or “use LFG chat” then you will be no help here at all. The times I’m on my league mates are usually asleep because of my work schedule and I pretty much get back in the “A.M” so please don’t bother.

So I’m going to say it...CR Differential should have stayed in the game, period. But that’s not the only thing I wanted to mention. I wish for “ANY” queue in your “on duty” tier list can be entered regardless of a lack of players. What I mean is if you see a four man and want or need a feat for older or slightly recent content but no one would dare want to bother with it, you are left in two hours or more in queue waiting. LFG is almost unhelpful because they usually only talk about tier 8 through 9 content and around the time I settle in from work barely anyone is on that would dare run the content I mentioned earlier.

If we had the ability to enter any alert, raid, etc. by ourselves but with a warning saying “You do not meet all requirements of this content. Are you sure you would like to continue?” but still allowed us to enter, then I would be most thankful.

Also, having CR Differential would have helped tremendously when you just wanted to run your content and get the heck off lol. I’m telling you now, not having the ability to freely choose what we want to do is an annoyance to many players so I’m not just talking about myself here.

I would like to get my feats and be done with them but by tthe time the game finds me a group I have completely lost all interest in playing the content I wanted to run. I don’t know...anymore...
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The queue times I understand what you are saying as well as many others.

The CR differential thing that you mention would not help with your queue times in the slightest. Then on top of that CR differential was starting to break lower content. It had to be removed and stats had to be adjusted because of that.

One last thing.
    Now, we have at least twice as many options to chose from on how we run a power as compared to what we had before. All you needed back then was gear and to know the powers of the AM. Cr differential helped ruin the synergy that roles had with each other. That is also what lead DCUO down the road of being DPS online too. Now we have ranged, melee, single & multi target powers that can be used in certain situations to maximize our potential.

CR differential and AM's were all around bad for the DCUO because it broke the WE mentality and made it all about ME mentality. You cannot have a could team or community when everyone is to busy worried about themselves.
    • Like x 2
  3. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I agree. One of my alternates has an insanely low sp compared to his cr because of that. Are you a hero or villain? Because on the villain side I feel like I spend more time queued than on heroes. Maybe I’m going crazy.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

If your leaguemates are always offline why are you staying there? I anticipate you have a good reason im just curious.

Im happy to help if I'm not busy, if you're on us server just add me and hit me up in game ;)
  5. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I’m a villain (T_T)

Almost impossible to run content on my end.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I can see what you mean. My only reason for saying such was to be able to solo the feats I needed without issues. Unfortunately my life schedule prevents me from playing with my league and then most players aren’t in the mood to run content in th AM. There might be a handful of them just standing in HOD looking bored but won’t do anything lol. This is frustrating my friend.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

For one, not many other leagues run in the am anyway since HOD is basically empty. And with the people there they just sit around and don’t want to run anything so LFG in the AM is literally pointless lol. Also, I have been playing this game since 2012 and the people I’m in a league with are friends I know from either back then or IRL that played together. If anything, I feel switching my league at this point is pointless because of time frame in general. It sucks working over night (T_T)
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Yea that sucks i understand.

Also appears you're a villain, I'm a hero so can't actually help you, unless you wanna spend some time queing and using cross play, if you think there's anything i might be able to help with the offer is still open ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Thanks anyway
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

I chiefly play in the early AM hours too. And while the random queues will still pop for just about everything, most people just want to speed through it as fast as possible. In two months of Titans, I never once got a group willing to disarm all the bombs; there was always some impatient person who wants to run ahead and trigger all the bombs. And that was content that was new enough to be relevant.

In the end though, I realize that with 250 skill points, I'm doing well enough that there's nothing I can't run. I enjoy checking off new ones, but I'm not going to stress it.

Way back in the day, I used to run everything with Collective (an Aussie league) until server restarts, and then flip over to EU server and run a separate character as a member of Odyssey. It can take a bit of finagling, but if you look around enough, you might be able to find one of those foreign Leagues where the time zone difference plays to your advantage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Hopefully the devs keep working on making all content into suicidesquad instances so that you can get some help running stuff. AND..........It sure would be nice of the heroes and villains could make communicate & make groups together.
  12. Ralph Hinkley Active Player

This is where I think they should make lfg and grouping available to both factions. This way heroes can see villains looking for groups. This would help speed things up a bit. They aleady use verses chat sometimes when doing bounties.
  13. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

What I really wish for is for an option to short-man raids when we queue up. Sure, have a minimum for alerts (2) and raids (3) for example. I know there are some pieces of content that require more people for mechanics, so up the minimum players for that piece of content.

I'm sure that it would take a lot of work to implement, but it would allow more people to play old content.
  14. pultinski Well-Known Player

i would think that the least amount of work by the devs would be to create a base teleporter mod for walk-ins for old / all content.
    charge 5 bucks for it. ( note that i will accept a royalty of $1.00 / mod purchased )....
  15. Oleandis Well-Known Player

Add me on there - i'm a villain as well and will run old content! I plan on resubbing on Black Friday/Cyber Monday when they put their subs on sale. I have been gone for 18 months so would love to go back and do some older feats - and would gladly help you get what you needed as well. My toon's name is Oleandis

16. Balton hero Committed Player

Can add me as well. Toon names are in signature.
  17. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Wanted to thank everyone who offered to help me out. You all have my thanks!