Can we have another PVP DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tallguy, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Tallguy Well-Known Player

can we have another pvp dlc? maybe it will get people interested in that side of dcuo again.
  2. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I hate to say it but it seems like it would be a real waste of resources at this point.
    • Like x 2
  3. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Even thought it would be fun and would like fix pvp, devs dont have plans for it. So rip;_;
    • Like x 1
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No thanks.

Last Laugh wasn't worth it, and if It didn't have the shield attachment I wouldn't have bothered with it.

The only real thing that would make the PVP DLC worth while is if they did a PVP update fix with it, but that's unlikely to happen.
    • Like x 3
  5. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I would love this if they cared enough to put in the effort to fix PvP.
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

Call of duty
    Fortnight
    Nba 2k
    Madden

These are some huge games and 1 thing massively popular they have in common is pvp yet in dcuo pvp was never a concern. My favorite "PVP DOES NOT MAKE DCUO MONEY"
    Riddle me this, what is a key aspect to making your character as strong as possible? Skill points and yes there was a difference between guys who had a ton vs low skill points.

Pvp players very much so did run pve farmed the feats and then returned to pvp. Plenty held subscriptions so yes it very much did earn dcuo money

It's sad how far off the decision makers of dcuo have been since day 1 and how much of a disconnect between what the community wants and would be happy with vs what the decision makers gave us
  7. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

People will enter, notice that the core combat system is still not fixed for PvP and leave again. First fix it, then add content to present the fixes. The other way round is just useless.
    • Like x 2
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The problem with a PVP fix... as has been noted several times by Mepps and others... starts with the fact that you cannot get the PVP community to agree on what is broken, what needs to be fixed, what is a nice-to-have fix, etc. The folks at DBG could lose an entire DLC just answering that question alone in order to come up with a plan of attack to fix it.

Assuming you could get everyone to agree, another DLC will be lost just to delve into the current system and peel away at the layers and understand how the system currently works. Anyone who is still at DBG who had a hand in building that system (people move on, whether under their terms or not) has not touched the stuff probably since the Belle Reve and level 101 gear drop, and that was 2 years ago.

Now, assuming that all of this goes well it will take at least one DLC's worth of time to revamp said system to apply those fixes. Remember the stats revamp? Yeah... we're looking at that level of effort again.

In short, we're looking at about a year without a PVE DLC if they do this... unless they hire a team of contractors specifically to do a lot of this work, and unfortunately PVP does not bring in a lot of money, so this would be a huge expense for little return. I'm not trying to poo-poo a PVP fix, because it is sorely needed. It's just that there is a lot of work to be done and the value of the return is nowhere near as high as it is if you spend that time working on new DLCs.
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

A PVP DLC? No.

PVP needs work but even a new 4s map (maybe an Atlantean one) and gear would be better than nothing at all. And that in turn would generate more discussion about PVP and maybe lead to more fixes in future. But then maybe I'm being far too optimistic.