Dps Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by iiCaptain, Oct 31, 2018.

1. iiCaptain New Player

I just came back to playing this game couple days ago. I was wondering what are the best Dps powers atm I’m gadgets
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

Might based - Earth, Light, Rage, Celestial, Nature or Atomic.

Precision based - Gadgets
  3. Isif Committed Player

Pretty sure all powers are might based. Precision is for Weapons/Hybrid usage.
  4. Shago1594 Active Player

Electricity and Rage
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

He means powers using precision.

Some powers are better with it
  6. Isif Committed Player

Right on. Hybrid stance. Guiding, yet another, lost soul towards DW/Bow glory. :p How long have you been away from the Universe?
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Calling them all "precision" dps is being far to generous they aren't precision dps they are dw/bow dpser's because there is no precision dps without a bow or dw :D
    • Like x 1
  8. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Not our fault the DC team didn't listen to testers or that it takes them forever to do anything other than release DLC and time capsules.

Im pretty good with a staff still though
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

This is true, weapon damage was actually perfectly fine during stats revamp and was in a great spot but then the devs had to rescue their precious weapon mastery combos and then that skewed all the damage values.
    • Like x 2
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Tbf Bow mastery take more skill than any of the pftt powers and DW mastery is easy. Just like pftt.
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I didn't say either takes more skill than the other, no dps takes skill in this game anymore. The majority of the dps on these forums wouldn't even have a clue how to dps 4 years ago. I said that if you take away bow/dw then precision dps don't even exist in this game which is still true.
  12. Isif Committed Player

Honestly, I use rifle/1hand/DP mastery. Sometimes "best" DPS is what you like. Pftt is not my cup of tea, so WE it is. I contribute DPS when I have to. Master what you like first. Tried the Fotm for a second. My numbers were great but my runs felt like a Velveeta commercial.
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

That's not true. Staff is almost as strong as Bow WM bevause taps and both big hits are aoe and better range. It's probably better with nature and munitions than Bow would be
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I use three DPS loadouts depending on the situation, two with MA to HB Uppercut and One with DW to Bow Flurry Shot. The DW Flurry shot loadout has 38 more SP on precision than the others and the MA Uppercut still does more damage. So yes, there is precision without DW or Bow.

Ranged DPS might not take a ton of skill but Melee does. You're vulnerable to every boss attack and need to pay attention to every skull. If there's boss fight mechanics, they're tougher to play when you have to bounce between being in the bosses face and hitting some switch somewhere. There are more interrupts and knockdowns when doing melee so making split second decisions on where to restart your rotation is important. When a boss jumps to the other side of the room, you can't just rotate 25 degrees and re-target like with powers, you actually have to follow and, if in range, lunge and clip. I could go on and on.
  15. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Where is Munitions? it's one of the top dps powers.