Rating DPS powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Jaguars0408, Apr 19, 2018.

1. BLK Well-Known Player

ok ty just asking. I never said it shouldnt.
  2. DeRiize New Player

Gadgets 9 might based/ 9.9 Prec based - In order to achive high damage, you must utilize stealth correctly which mean no sc on normal loadout but have it in stealth
    Mental 9 might based/ 9.9 Prec based - Mental has the highest possbile damage in the game for prec single target, like gadgets you must utilize stealth correctly
    Hardlight 9.5 Might based/ 8.5 Prec based - 2nd highest mele damage in the game, if you can master the combos the power can be insanely good
    Quantum 8.5 Might based/ 8 Prec based - Very strong power in the right hands and in my opinion has the best supercharge in the game
    Munitions 9.5 might based/ 8.5 prec based - Very easy to play with high damage, you will see alot of noobs playing this so they can compete in damage #Flavour of the month
    Ice 7.5 might based/ 8.5 Prec based - Easy power to play, positioning is very important in order to do great damage, aswell as clipping
    Fire 8 might based/ 8 Prec based - Very versatile power personaly i think DC should take notes from this power because it the one power they have correct
    Earth 9 might based/ 9.5 Prec based - Very good mele damage, prec based damage on this power is only lower than the two powers with stealth due to having a 2nd loadout which improves your damage potential insanely
    Rage 10 might based/ 9 prec based - Mele rage is highest possible damage in the game
    Atomic 7.5 might based/ 8 Prec based - Very dependant on the situation, has great possibilitys but is lower than the rest due to how easy it is to lose on damage
    Sorcery 8 might based/ 9.5 Prec based - In my opinion it is the best power for a solo player due to its supercharge Arbiter of Destiny, which gives unlimited power
    Electric 9.9 might based/ 9.5 prec based - Insanely strong power but not many know how to use it properly
    Water 9 might based/ 9 prec based - Very good power, animations are very anoying
  3. Omniscient Ziltoid New Player

Damn nature doesn't even get ranked? Lol
  4. DeRiize New Player

My bad Nature dps: 8.5 might/ 7.5 prec - It's good on boss's and strong adds but trash mods that die quick kinda cause this power to not do so well, its a shame, great possibility's.
    • Like x 1
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

It's his list. Can listen but in the end form your own. In the ice thread, he said dont use Frost Blast for a might rotation coz of bad crits; rest of us critical just fine with it; maybe it's his rotation. If you don't use FB, then yea guess it would get a 7.5 for might.
  6. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Right. He hasnt even offered his loadout to back up his claims.
    • Like x 2
  7. FALLEN-ONE Active Player

Muni is probably first due to it’s range followed by earth and rage players who know what they’re doing up close. Then I’d say it’s subjective but if I had to rank it I’d say it’s ice, electricity/fire/gadgets/hsrdlight followed by everything else with atomic being the weakest due to it’s aura, slow and low damaging combos (even if clipped) and geiger blast which is the only 1 hard hitting move which requires you to be up close. For melee damage atomic could actually keep up with most powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

You just have to have a single target loadout for those. Which I have. Makes no sense to use an AOE loadout when fighting single targets.
    • Like x 1
  9. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Thing I don't like about gadgets is you have to be close melee range to do any real damage.
  10. Razzbuu Well-Known Player

melee is always risky and fun to play ,, this why munitions get boring after playing it for decent time , i love being in danger zone yet not dying and still doing good dmg ,, that's the beauty of melee imo
    it's high risk = high rewards
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As prec based gadgets, I don't utilize stealth yet I top boss damage 80% of the time and am usually a close 2nd on total damage. And that's with only 227 SP. As it is often said, gadgets is very versatile.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Don't use Geiger blast if your in melee. Sonic cry hits harder and is more consistent.
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

given that it's field equalized this one is hard to even list. most discrepancies between the powers come from the players themselves being not very knowledgeable about the power set's unique capabilities, weaknesses, and strengths. certain powers would certainly rank higher just from their innate damage potential: rage, electricity, hard light, sorcery etc would all be around 10/10 or somewhere near it due to a plethora of reasons (high pet damage, high aoe damage, melee damage/debuff abilities etc). whereas powers like: water, nature, mental, ice, atomic, and gadgets do have their peculiarities and take just a bit more time to understand and work with and would get around a 5-6/10. not to say that there aren't people out in the game who make them work, it's just that the first group will always be the easy option for damage.
    • Like x 1
  14. Twinks Level 30

So I'm curious to know if most people's scores have changed since the augments, artifacts, etc. I can say that in my limited time of being a dps (I was mainly a healer for several years) ANY power that utilizes precision can present a problem to beat. However, I have only really struggled against Gadgets precision and Earth if they can constantly spam that dumb ground pound move. Players do vary and there are obviously more high level players that can edge out others, but when I look at the scoreboard and see the numbers relative to mines, I instantly know that they are either Gadgets, Earth, or Munitions. I personally know some VERY nasty Atomic, Water, and Fire dps' that can make the power seem OP, but they just know what they are doing.

I am also anxious to hear the progress that you have made Keef. Are you still Ice? Has your opinion changed regarding Ice and the other powers that you have listed? I can guarantee that Electricity is a bonified dps power and not just great for healing. My favorite raid for testing/tuning/competing is ZooE or USe (Part 2-5). In my opinion, survivability, power usage, as well as damage output should be factored in to if a person is a great dps. I tend to rate individual players more so than powers. A person may be able to put up great numbers ground pounding their arms to mush, but I think if he spends most of the boss fights dead, he is a bad dps. Just my two cents.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yeah, I'm gadgets and have two prec loadouts and almost always top boss damage, particularly if it's a boss I can melee. But I do get competition from Rage. If I get topped in boss damage it's usually by someone with 400+ SP (I have 252) and/or rage.
  16. Twinks Level 30

Ok Illumin X. You prec Gadget dudes can be pretty nasty. Earth Warrior is deadly with it as well. Not sure if he is still a Gadget player or not, but both his boss and total damage was up there.
  17. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I’m might based fire and you and I are always very close on the scoreboard. I dunno if you’d recognize the name. I’m Primary Burn. When parsing I see 40 and 41k as highs but average around 37. On a single target I have 2 armories,one normal and one for when the boss is below 35%. I typically parse between 18-20 and 21-25 on those.
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I get that this is your list but how do you have atomic as 7.5? I have tested every single power for both might and precision. I can not understand how you can have atomic that low... while I was atomic I very rarely lost. Most who did were gadgets precision. You are obviously doing something very wrong as atomic. I understand that this is your list but I truly hope others don’t go by this list when picking powers.
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

With WM Smoke Bomb is easy to top. Try to top with might only.
  20. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Couldn't you spam flurry shot?