Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DinahLance Level 30

Starfire Odyssey? I think it looks pretty good :D [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  2. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

We have a Jay and Alan emblem. But the Jay emblem is too small.

But I agree we also need the Golden Age versions of them both. But make sure they’re large. Not the small wimpy versions.
  3. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]

can we have Zatanna's hair and Jacket?
    • Like x 3
  4. DC Urban Committed Player

You have no idea how salty I was when I discovered we were not getting the old star-fire hair.
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

Well, we are a DC licensed game soooooo
    I think everyone is right handed so it plays nice with combat anims.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mermaid Dedicated Player

I'm saying!! Starfire deserves a gear set inspired after her! Plus, this is pearlfect for our game since gear sets require 8 pieces. Just add an appropriate headpiece or crown or perhaps a circlet with her signature gem and a cute backpiece!
    • Like x 3
  7. Megzilla Developer

I like this outfit. :) If I can't do it exactly, maybe I can find other ways to incorporate the idea.
    • Like x 3
  8. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

[IMG]

All of this. But, primarily the internal jack o' lantern like glow aesthetic of the torso.
    • Like x 3
  9. Ascended Well-Known Player

Well, the people here do ask for iconic styles most of the time......but of course we do, we're playing a licensed game set in DC. If this were a Marvel MMO, it'd be the same thing. I've also noticed that the styles posters request here are more likely to happen if they're an iconic style, rather than something more generic like "we need a cyberpunk style."

And we do have original, non-iconic styles in game. Character creation is full of them of course, and you see plenty of original styles in the early CR ranges. Once you get into higher level stuff the original designs do thin out, and at some points disappear entirely. But we got some semi-original stuff in Deluge with that armored scuba gear (I forget what it's called now.....) and the holiday events usually have non-iconic styles, as do a lot of collections.

The gear rewards for content (and the time capsules) are usually iconic, but there's still options for original characters too. And when you start mixing and matching styles it's pretty easy to create a fully original design.
  10. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Wonder Woman's sword and shield as a back style would rock
  11. Volle Active Player

We need more Hair styls plz make a samuraj ponytail hair styl plz!!!

[IMG]

You culd use the Domineering Fury Headgear and then just remove the mask and make rest of the hair on it. then you got a half way done styl to make new styl off. plz make it hapen waited for propert style like this for long time. both for my male samuraj hero and for my female heros

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. Mermaid Dedicated Player

Megzilla said she'd like to sea the Artemis Pony Hairsyle implemented someday but I would love for more versions, specifically a longer, sleek one like that one in the first image you posted!

Aside from high pony tails, we don't really have a long hairstyle with bangs. Would love that as well. Zatanna is a pearl-fect example:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I know that I have stated these two before but a witchmarked wonder woman style
    [IMG]

With a variant chest that is a dragon instead of an eagle from circe's time as wonder woman
    [IMG]
    My hero and villain mains need this very much
  14. Megzilla Developer

We def need some better hairstyles with bangs.
    I think I could def work with this if I had a "wonder woman shirt variant" collection I could do. Have you seen this latest WW design?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  15. Awsome Well-Known Player

Megzilla, Do you jot down every request made here and debate them, or just the ones you like. I'm just curios.
  16. Megzilla Developer

I write down most of them. If it's technically impossible / very unlikely I skip over (like a whip weapon...). When we need style ideas we have this list to go from, or I can see how I can best incorporate what people are looking for into already-planned designs if that makes sense. Shim'tar gear has sword/shield on the back because a lot of folks requested it in this thread. Did my best to make Drowned pants cool on their own but still working within my limits (addressing wanting more civilian clothes). My goals to better utilize player requests is a bit of a backlog project because content comes first, but I do want to emphasize that I sincerely appreciate all the participation. :) The results are slow to show but they're comin.
    • Like x 4
  17. Brad Sisto Well-Known Player

Hey Megzilla,

In creating the Iconic looks for DLCs, Seasonals and TCs could you PLEASE keep Player Emblems in mind when they are created. Soooo many pieces that could have had a nice spot for a player emblem are totally discounted and we are left with either No Emblem at all or a built in Iconic Emblem. A key example of both of these is Atlantis and the Drown Batman looks.

In Drown Batman her design actually calls for an Emblem on the Necklace but neither her Emblem nor an Emblem slot were put in.

With Aqualad's Son of Manta style he has a Giant Aquaman Emblem beltbuckle and a Giant Aquaman Emblem on the back of the Chest but no player emblem slot, yet the YJ tv show on the Back Piece there was a slot for an Emblem that would have made a good Player Emblem Slot and the chest could have fit a nice spot on the chest over the breast similar to Urban Slick Emblem Slot.

Then there is the Corum Rath gear that has absolutely NO emblem slot.

Even the Headless Jacket for Halloween had no emblem slot yet the Blackhawk chest upon which it was based did.

There are so many of these Iconic styles that could easily accommodate a Player Emblem slot. Granted there are pieces where it just won't work also which is why I ask to please keep Player Emblems in MIND as gear is being made. A key example of one where it would have worked is the Gotham Outlaw Chest where a player emblem could have been on the Sleeve and/or Back.
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    Oh great, now I'm dying to have a hand style like that (shield with an emblem of choice),
    I think it would look great while blocking or using one-handed weapon and omg brawling, martial arts...
  19. Megzilla Developer

It is usually because they are iconic, that they do not have emblem slots. Red Robin for example, needed to have the RR baked into the chest. Unfortunately it's a case by case basis and we don't have hard and fast rules. But I'll continue to do my best to offer more emblem placements.
  20. Megzilla Developer

I was thinking the exact same thing!