Power Switch

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Shago1594, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Shago1594 Active Player

Hey, so i just got back into the game (left during Deluge). I've been Electric from the start but I'd like something new without losing that sweet DPS that comes with it. I've always loved the idea of Ice or water, how are they doing DPS wise?
  2. recoil2 Dedicated Player

water is well balanced with both of it's roles (dps/healer) and does exceedingly well at both, and ice is an adequate dps depending on who's using it and how well they can put together a loadout. over all both are adequate dps powers with water having a slight edge in terms of sheer dps damage output.
  3. Shago1594 Active Player

edge over Ice, Elec or both?
  4. L T Devoted Player

Will depend on content. Nothing beats Electric when there's tons of adds. Water is pretty good. It's two unique abilities (high tide and rip tide) give it a different flavor from the other DPS powers.
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

from what i've seen of them (in order of damage and damage efficiency): 1. electricity (due to good aoe damagers like arc lightning), 2. water, and 3. ice.
    • Like x 2
  6. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

I had no idea peoples opinions of ice dps was so low.
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Its because they've never seen someone who knows what they are doing with Ice
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

For me its because they changed the animations of powers during the revamp. They sucked all the fun out of ice. It moves slow. High damage numbers are nice and all but the smooth aesthetic the power once had is gone. Not quite as boring to use as it was during its AM days but nowhere near as fun as it used to be.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

looking through ice's ability tree as a power it has a plethora of ways to impale, imprison, or other wise incapacitate; BUT it also lacks a self heal and has about 3 shields. now what this translates to in combat is you can either A) spam a single shield constantly eating up power and taking up time you could be dealing damage with, or B) you can rotate out all three shields and mitigate damage dealt even more significantly. the one self heal ice has is hibernation which is a partial super charge, i don't know about you but unless something's changed with ice specifically even using super charge generators and some of the fastest power restoring weapons super charge recharges VERY slowly. this means you must keep a shield active or basically die, fire has the opposite problem in that it has 1 true shield and about 4 or 5 something self heals. rage does this better than both quite frankly with it's shield and rage crash mechanic. in short ice forces one to either focus almost entirely on defense or offense and therefore is interdependent on essentially having a good healer to dps. water and electricity however ARE healers with their own heals and shields along with several good dps abilities for multiple occasions on the battle field. if it works great for you that's well and good but ice is pretty much a kill first or be killed power, one that takes experience and has a steep learning curve that unfortunately not everybody can be reasonably expected to figure out.
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

The only animations that changed were Impaling Ice, Shatter Restraints, and Winter Ward
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

wrong.
  12. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I may be missing one. Hmm. Id have to look.

Bitter Winds isnt a shield any more, neither is Shatter Restraints.

Shatter and Winter Ward switched visuals.

Glacier Flash became a 35 executor

Impaling Ice became a SG

Freeze Wave was renamed

Resonating Gale is a ranged CC

Snow Devil doesnt CC

Deep Freeze is AoE

Ice armor visuals

What else am I missing...?

Edit, what visuals changed? I named off actual abilities and their properties that changed. I only recall so many visual changes
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

it doesnt matter if 1.of ices.abilities got changed, all of them or half there were changes made that i feel made game less fun which was supposed to be tbe exact opposite of the revamp.

If you like where ice is currently at good on you youre one of the lucky ones.

I would like to see something better.

Thank you for the time. Please split hairs elsewhere.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

If you like Ice where it is. You are playing precision or with bad players
    FTFY
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Dont quote me and tell me Im wrong and then continue to tell me to split hairs elsewhere. It doesnt work like that lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I mean, I like where its at, but I feel it could be better.

Frost Slam and Avalanche could use a Frostbitten power interaction, and Frost Blast should get its cooldown bug fixed.