Quark prices should be reduced...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Last Dragon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's always funny when people try to do concrete math with RNG
    • Like x 5
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The math is sound with a few assumptions within reason, but you are right. I think most of it was just because the opening statement was so ludicrous.

"...which translates to ~33599 daybreak cash, which is 33599 dollars..."

DBC is not 1-1 with real currency, or is it?. God I hope not....in the past I've bought a few of the 10K DBC packages....Didn't realize I was spending the equivalent of a decent used car to buy my armories and 'Buckaroo' style. Poop.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The second chance vendor is a redundant way to pick up TC items you missed previously. It's an option that was much-requested by the community, and the prices reflect how the original items were delivered. Everyone can use the vendor, just open TCs, or do neither, just like before.

All of the math here is disingenuous, because it ignores all of the other stuff you get besides quarks in your time capsules.
    • Like x 17
  4. Duzzit Active Player

you guys just got maffed by mepps
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

"Within reason" or extreme situations that have a 1 out of a billion chance of happening.

I'm not disagreeing, the OPs post was ludacris (lol $33k) but you can't do fixed math on a random variable. One person may get lucky and receive 106 quarks seven times out of 20 capsules while someone else may get no higher than 17. RNG is RNG.

I'm just glad they finally did what was suggested over a year ago.
    • Like x 4
  6. tukuan Devoted Player

To be perfectly clear there is no inherent value for any in game item other than that which people place on it. You say $5 someone else says zero and I'm sure someone out there puts a much higher value on it. It's all relative. Personally I can't see spending more than $10 - 15 on anything cosmetic but that's my imaginary line.

Beyond that, I don't think it's the intent of the devs that someone sits down and spends hundreds of dollars to buy stabs to get quarks to buy something from the 2nd chance vendor. It's not that I don't think they'd like the money, it's just far to convoluted a path to make sense as a revenue stream. I think as always the expected revenue stream is high rollers buying stabs at the beginning of a given capsule launch in the mad panic to be the first to get a given style. Certainly you can judge the devs on that model.

I honestly think adding styles to the quark vendor was more intended as a means to gain some goodwill from people who have spent a lot after the fact to mitigate bad feelings.
    • Like x 4
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I totally agree with the first portion. The prices reflect the rarity of the original method of delivery. Without them, original owners might be very upset.

As for the math (well, not the OP's math, which is obviously crazy - $33k, lol), it actually mostly focused on "what if players took the 10 extra quarks every time." Without that assumption, the number of time capsules required (in order to opt for the desirable things you mentioned in the time capsules, like the styles we love) is actually drastically increased.

Assuming an extremely generous 15 quarks per open average, it would become 330 capsules minimum to get 5,000 quarks. Many players experience around 12 average, which surpasses the 400 capsule mark.

However, I personally don't think past offerings need to be adjusted.

My point is more related to drop rates in new time capsules (and hence new additions) in general.

Either way, high direct prices with second-chance vendor is definitely preferable to no old TC items in vendor whatsoever, so please express our thanks to the team for providing this alternate option.
    • Like x 1
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Splittinv hairs...again.

Doesnt matter how many quarks or time capsules-50-100-250-its all still too much for too little.
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

5600 quarks for an item that was in TC's 2 years ago is to much. We are getting caught up on the op wrong number, but what he is saying is right imo. We have had like 8 different TC. Each with 1 or 2 super rare items and 5600 is the fair number to some people? 5600 is outrageous for 1 rare item out of 1 TC cycle
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

See the problem starts when you value that vanity item at $5...and they CLEARLY want more for it. But when players balk at $10-25 asking prices, they go to the gamble method, which despite ALL of your feelings CLEARLY works for them. All the proof you need is in your face (including the fact that this is still being discussed right here). If anyone is disrespecting the customers it's the customers themselves.

Batman cowl (highly requested for years day in and out) $20 straight up no gambling, redeemable on all your toons in perpetuity (as long as the servers were still up)....river of tears and so much indignation you could start a fire in the middle of winter with no kindling or firewood. Similar types of cosmetics that requires who knows how many boxes to open...people making VIDEOS posting their $100-400 key purchases/openings (the videos have slowed down these days, but people are still admitting to buying that many keys). o_O:rolleyes::confused:
    • Like x 3
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I'm not really convinced those videos were 100 percent legit (as in using legally purchased keys.) But I also would not be surprised that some individuals at least spend that much on TCs.
  13. C3alix Committed Player

[shameful self-bragging]

I meaaaaan I've got every aura, material, and style right now on my toon (minus a couple seasonal ones because they're doodoo) due to opening up countless TC with legit cash. How much have I spent? I'll just say I've hit 8k quarks 3 times...lol :(. But........I have a job and no one can tell me how to spend my money! I wasn't able to get the phoenix material until the booster vendor came into play, which I was very happy about.
    • Like x 2
  14. lukelucky Devoted Player

Proxy I personally don't give a damn what dcuo does because it's an awful business model and I no longer will entertain any back and forth on the subject

Aura's when introduced was $5 and considering what it actually is (a vanity item) so that's the price I deem acceptable

U can have a different opinion I mean we all have opinions but this is where I stand.

U can talk need or demand or how many people cover said item but end of the day the smart ethical move is offer a sub and then offer tons of CHEAP items. $5 for a vanity item is VERY fair. Again u can feel different but that's of none of my concern
  15. Proxystar #Perception

So... you have no real argument, ok noted.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

How much is the material pack in the MP?
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Can't remember I bought it without looking cause I'm a badass
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

$20. So a little more than $6 for each material.
    But the argument is over a vanity item that is considerably more attractive and also carries a feat...
    Is it really worth $5?
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

It is math behind rng. Go look up EA's FiFA drop rates. Unless you think EA is the only company that use number on rarity of items
  20. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm fine with the prices as they are now as long as they stay "Stable". for example right now all non material auras/styles from collections are 1750, which is a rather reasonable price seeing as it's little over $76 if bought stabilizers and little over a year and a half of running the stabilizer event free without, which is about how long it'll take to put each capsule's worth of content in the vendor at any given resurgence event.