Quark prices should be reduced...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Last Dragon, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Miss Adora Loyal Player

doing it for free and as a member, it takes 3 days to get one stabilizer, so in a year, you can get 118.66666 keys. 356/3= 118.6666

so roughly 118 tcs a year give or take for special events, so take that and the average amount for quarks you can get in a tc and do the math on how long it takes to get 5600 quarks.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It's every 3/2(5days) to get two stabilizers as a member. 15 fragments (sf) to make one stabilizer key
    (Day1): 6 SF
    (Day 2): 12 SF
    (Day3): 1 stabilizer & 3 SF ( or 18 SF)
    (Day4): 1 stabilizer & 9 SF (or 24 SF)
    (Day5): 2 stabilizers (or 30 SF)

Also wrong year number also btw, u probably meant 365. So 365/5 is 73, but the 5 is two stabilizers, not one. So 73 x 2=146 stabilizers a year as a member with just running the stabilizer event
    • Like x 1
  3. Draconiano Committed Player

I would like to get some random quarks on the chamber, I think it could be a good perk for members since we do it daily.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

LOL I'm not agreeing with the OP, but your math is just as bad the other way, let's say you opened 160 capsules and averaged 50 quarks per open, which we know you won't you'd still only have 8,000

[IMG]

If you're going to attempt to present an argument of honesty, don't use ******** math :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

If you got the minimum 10 quarks each time and took the extra 10 quarks every time that's 20 quarks per open.

Stabilizers are bought in packs of 20 for approx $18, but you have to buy $20 worth of DBC.

So for every 9 lots of $20 purchases you will get an extra 20 keys, so let's go with that cost

9 x $20 = $180

This provides us with 200 keys

If we receive 20 quarks per open that would be 4,000 quarks (that's at the minimum)

1,600 remaining quarks required would require another 80 capsules at a minimum to be opened costing another $80, give or take a bit, it's not going to massively change the outcome.

Making the cost $260USD.

This worst case scenario would likely never happen, but is still massively different from your $33,599

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd rather pay the 5600 quarks instead of any of the big 100Mill prices on the broker.
    Just saying.
    • Like x 4
  7. tukuan Devoted Player

I'd like to see the price dropped, at least, a bit but I don't see that happening moving forward. A number of people have already bought at the current rate and would, legitimately IMO, yell for a refund if the prices were dropped.

That aside I would like to see the option to buy the rare collection piece for each set at reduced rate. I know I'm not the only one with all but the final feather, void piece etc. and it feels too rough to buy that final piece after grinding and/or spending to get the others. Not to mention the OCD issues with an incomplete collection.
  8. nawanda Loyal Player

Lol
  9. Proxystar #Perception

No because buying a collection piece allows you to then get a tradeable version which is clearly something they're avoiding
    • Like x 3
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

$85= 10,000 dbc....... 3 of those......30,000 dbc for $ 255
    $25= 2,500 dbc....... $255+ $25= $280 for 32,500 dbc
    $10= 1,000 dbc.....$280+$10= $290 for 33,500 dbc

Nowhere near $33,599 lol
    • Like x 3
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

I feel like I've been getting less quarks from my TC's opened after this new "Second Chance"-vendor came out, as compared to before. I think the pricing is okay, but they should take another look at the chance of recieving a decent amount of Quarks.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The collection is tradeable? Make them account bound when purchased from the vendor. They have done this before with some items that are drops being tradeable, and the same item from the MP account bound...in fact, how is this different from the actual material? It's not tradeable, but the one you get from the collections is. If that's what you are referring to...(not the collection piece), who cares? As long as they get the quarks, which means someone bough stabilizers in most cases. I don't think single collection pieces is unreasonable. Lets face it, the 'Flaming Phoenix Feather' is what most are missing in this one...maybe 1 more, but you could have spent millions of in game cash or 100's of real life cash buying stabilizers to come up with the other 11 pieces. Make the top 3 hardest to get (they have a drop rate after all) available for 2000 to 3000 each. Not worth it to build the full 12 pieces from scratch, but if you need just the 1, more power to you.

Personally the only collection I need in the game is the Bloody Knife for the Avatar of Sin wings and since I already have the wings style I'm not looking to pick it up any time soon (still waiting for that 1 dollar 'oops' posting in the broker)....but I'm sure not going to worry about spending quarks on the wings themselves. I would maybe spend 2500 quarks just to get the one collection though...just to clear the broker. I wouldn't care if it was account bound due to the one vendor piece.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

The booster gold vendor is an individual second chance vendor not a vendor used to convert money into in game cash through a calculated manner.

That is why everything in the booster vendor is account locked.

If they sold collections then the reward you get in the mail would not be account locked and people could begin immensely profiting from the second chance vendor which is clearly not its intention.
    • Like x 1
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

I would think they could make an account bound version of the collectible in a similar fashion to (most) event collections. If not then I certainly see your point.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I don't see a meaningful way to code an item to differentiate between completing the collection falsely (just for lack of a better word) and one collected via capsules.

The effort to code it wouldn't be worth it plus fraught with issue as to where you draw the line.

The second chance vendor isn't meant to replace capsules or attempting to get what you want from the capsules by and large.

It's meant to be used as a redundancy system for items you may have missed not a system in which to buy all items or make profit from.
    • Like x 1
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

252 dollars for a 5 dollar vanity item.........
    The lack of ethics, and the utter disrespect of the customers it's no wonder this games been in horrible shape for years.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

How did you arrive at $5? I'm just wondering.

If it's based on desirability it's probably worth more than that I'd put it at at least $25-30 based on industry norms.

And given there are ways to significantly reduce the expense through stabilizer sales, resurgence bonuses and free stabilizers it all just comes down to "how fast you want something now".

With the RNG element gone theres at least transparency and an end result you know you'll eventually get what you want rather than it being "may never based on luck"
    • Like x 2
  18. Trexlight Devoted Player

Yeah such ethics. Amazing that other games have 5 dollar vanity items for more than the desired price. For shame on game devlopers for making money.

Dont liek it, dont buy it. I heard You can get it on the broker or open Time Capsules for a chance at the item. Good luck out there. unless you dont play anymore then by all means, QQ harder.
    • Like x 2
  19. Vesper Dedicated Player

I said I'd only spent roughly $150 directly on stabilizers. I said I've let my monthly Daybreak Cash as a Member pile up from time to time & bought more stabilizers from that (when they run the occasional 40 sale). So my math hasn't changed. $150 actual money, over 10K quarks. If OP doesn't want to take advantage of sales, or free stabilizer bits event daily, or monthly Member cash that's not on me.
    • Like x 2
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah well that changes the argument, Like I said I wasn't supporting the OP by any means, he was posting stupid nonsense, was just saying is all :D
    • Like x 1