I see lots of dead people...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Oct 3, 2018.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

Alerts just a few times same as duos

New regular raids early on at least a few deaths per boss and hopefully at least 1x during adds

There is the need to gear up and figure out machanics to each fight but in regular once u got it figured out maybe one wipe the entire run. Being fair this is the same for elite content to but elite content should be scaled to a point u need to be fully geared and then it's a maybe u can beat it

Zero deaths in a raid is complete garbage. I get it if u just are not good, can't figure it out or simply prefer to be a bully but the game needs to appeal to everyone. Baby mode of no dieing in a raid is what some prefer but once u do this as dcuo has well quality players who invested time and money no longer have appealing content

Early on u went into a brand new raid and u were prepared to get your face beat in. The game was fun and despite awful issues such as frequent disconnects, having to respec to switch roles and a third of the powers the game was very popular.
    • Like x 1
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

If u got 7 years in u understand the difficulty of the game has gotten embarrassingly easy. I can't believe u even can stomach current content.

Btw current dcuo requires zero real skill we learned early on and great talents great because they constantly test and push themselves keeping them sharp. It's been years since dcuo cared to give us anything to test us
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Just curious, do you still play?

I always laugh a little when I hear "skill" relating to video games. While I understand some have more finger dexterity than others, perform slightly better overall, or perhaps spend a fair amount of time as tops on scorecard, I personally think "skill" is a bit of an overreach.

For me, I believe "skill" is required to save lives in the ER, code the next gen robots, or develop new and improved cancer treatments... again that's just me. I have a hard time comparing seemingly difficult, important, life saving tasks such as these, to playing a insignificant, irrelevant video game.

To each their own. Thanks for the feedback.
    • Like x 2
  5. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

He should come pug sometime... :p
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

how recent ago was darkseid's warfactory? that and goth city zoo and the wayne defense protocal bot from earth 3 were the last things i remember being life threateningly challenging, oh and doomsday too. dcuo hasn't stopped releasing hard content, they've just reduced it a bit and now that we're over geared for it many of the past raids/alerts just seem trivial, it's simply that now the mechanics of the fights are overly simplified and in many cases sometimes avoidable with enough dps burn. now back when everything had shields that was fun......
  7. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I pretty much never expect to die but I am also not one of those that will bolt and run away the moment anything goes wrong. Now there are, of course, situations where a death or two (or a team wipe or two) are less surprising. A raid where you find yourself on a team with 6 DPS and no healer or tank is a good example. Unlike the vast majority of DPS I tend to throw some SP into my health to help stay alive longer but most do not and I am also willing to use a shield if my power set provides one... Others? would not think about actually trying to protect themselves that's a job for support players. Heck I have inspected team mates that didn't even have a supply drop because God forbid they wast a slot on that when they could have consumable attack in there. You get a few of those on a raid and it does not take long before you have 3-4 players on one knee and a mob designed to challenge an 8 man team all pounding on what is left standing.

To me leaving any mission involves some thought. Okay we had a team wipe. Did anyone take a minute to examine what went wrong and make a suggestion of what we can do to correct it? Or are we up to wipe number 3 or 4 and still just charging back in and doing the exact same thing again and again and some how thinking the results will be different. Is everyone doing their job? Or do we have a healer that THINKS he is a DPS and a check of the scoreboard reveals this guy has less heals than I do and my only healing power is soda and my supply drop. Another great example is a tank that enters a battle and is dead in 1-2 hits.

Then of course there is the time thing.. In my case that does NOT mean we are not done in 5 minutes it means we are still laboring to complete a mission 40 minutes or so after we started and now are sitting around waiting to get replacements because half the team quit. This kind of thing can get real interesting when you are talking a raid. You get to the final boss battle and after a team wipe 3 or 4 guys bail. Then the rotating team mate ordeal begins.. Player joins the team, Player sees they are joining a team where all but that 1 armor drop is gone and POOF they are gone. I can not honestly blame them because why join a team that is struggling AND miss out on at least 2 other armor drops and 2/3 or the currency rewards? Sit around at the doorway of a boss battle for a while watching that parade and think about all the other missions you could be half way through while it is going on and eventually.. You quit.

Can you tell I blind Q a lot? LOL
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I can assure you that there are plenty of complete dullards with no self-preservation instinct on LFG too. Just what the heck is WRONG with these people?! It makes me so mad because there’s nothing I can do except wait for death once everybody else is gone. I can know the mechanics inside out, but it counts for absolutely nothing if nobody else even bothers to try to stay alive and it’s just so frustrating :mad:
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh my God, can it be? Are you finally blaming the players and not the content?? Hold on let me get my camera!
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve always known its the players. But when 247cr tanks are still dying to the enervator beam, still aren’t deactivating their neutraliser in the deathstroke fight... when dpses are still getting themselves killed as soon as they stand back up against Cyborg... it’s just... Trying to make these people use their brains is an excuse in frustration and futility and I hope they recognised this when making the Atlantis episode because I am going prematurely grey here :mad:
    • Like x 1
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

13. Dazz-252 Committed Player

With all the ego's in this community, i doubt they'll truthfully call them selves out. lol
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

you're gonna get a laugh out of this then, one time we were running the corrupted cathedral alert and every body died, so i'm facing evil raven alone (even good raven was defeated) and all it took was a few good punches in healer role XD.
  15. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Ok, by all means step right on up and be the first.
  16. lukelucky Devoted Player

Current content or at least the last time I entered dcuo was embarrassing. From A&B until current day difficulty has taken a hit and never challenged the dcuo many of us still love. Sadly we simply just get to do without
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

The side prolly uses powers that look cool.. and the more powerful you look, the more damage you do
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I thought when good raven died it was a group 1 shot. Or was that elite?
  19. recoil2 Dedicated Player

probably elite. though i think we had about 2 wipes before i finally defeated raven while the dps were out, i might be remembering those cause she was definitely kneeling at some point XD. but when i dealt the final blow the dps comprising the rest of the team were definitely outside the boss arena waiting for me to die.
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all the new players are leave happy and have no patience they never lived the days of 7 hour raids