#Transparency -- When will SEALS be tradable again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Melusine Midnight, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

If you want to counter the argument, you should really come up with a list of stuff that is draining your $5 monthly allowance quicker than it is given.
    • Like x 1
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

The monthly replays not even enough for 2 raid resets, so it do count. Who is saying anything is required. Seals not even required. My point is, it's to many things.... you know what nvm. You will just keep adding need or another word that mean the same
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Nothing is draining it, but 5$ a month don't go a long way in DC. I have 24$ market cash. I just buy stuff of broker and don't replay content.
  4. Entrust Committed Player

Everyone is someone so it doesn't matter what my name is.

The number of items available on the marketplace s irrelevant. What is relevant as the price of the seals. Even the most expensive seal on the marketplace does not exceed a member's monthly bonus.

So if a member does not want to open their wallet to purchase seals they can simply wait until their next monthly bonus and use that..
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The point is, you can't complain about having to buy a seal every few months with your free $5 when you're admitting 'there's nothing else to spend it on'...
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

That's me. Not the community. My point is almost everytime something is brought up about money spending in DC, the 5$ a month is brought up. 5$ is still 5$. What if I level 3 seals to 140-160? If seals can't be sold anymore, they needed to be added ingame as a rare drop.
  7. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

By calling people "mooches" you are pretty much saying it is bad to use the broker since the word "mooch" itself is just another derogatory word for beggar. Also mooches bug you for things and constantly ask for things, that's why they are mooches. In the case of the broker no one is actually asking people to part with their items. People are readily putting their items up for sale in the broker without being asked to, so really in the sense of the word, mooches would be incorrect. I guess we are all mooching from the grocery store since they originally paid for those groceries in order to sell to us?
  8. Proxystar #Perception

I do understand what you're saying and I have seen it used quite a bit, even got used during time capsules, and there is a limit to it, however seals is something I think sits perfectly in what it should be used for ;)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

It actually just means

ask for or obtain (something) without paying for it.

you are paying for it off the broker, using fake money, you aren't using real money, thus you aren't "paying for it".

The word is appropriate, you just don't like the word, which is fine, but doesn't change what it is.
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Actually, you messed up by saying "you are paying for it off the broker".
    Your argument is
    - You are asking for something
    - You use fake money to pay for it
    - Thus you are not paying for it

You're contradicting unless you add in
    - You are asking for something
    - You use fake money to pay for it
    - Fake money cannot be used to pay for something
    - Thus you are not paying for it

In addition to the proof of fake money not counting toward the definition of paying, you're also not answering the part where he mentions that we're not "asking".
    • Like x 2
  11. niteravn Active Player

You don't get it. Someone or more than one, hacked/exploited them. Either as a purchase, broker, or TC. They flooded the market. AGAIN. Maybe this is being done until the exploit/hack is fixed. Maybe because you pay "real" money for it, they are supposed to be account bound. Only DB knows. Either way you all are upset because they took something away because someone was CHEATING.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I don't consider monpoly money to be 'real' you're welcome to disagree, either way so what...you don't want to consider it "mooching" that's all you're arguing for here an effort for it to not to be called "mooching" haha, sure let's not call it mooching then let's just call it

personal frugality, you're deciding you don't want to spend "real money" no matter how insignificant that real sum is.

It doesn't really matter how you want to term it, that's what it is, get hung up on the semantics of the terminology all you like it's not going to change what's going on here.
  13. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I never thought the day would you come when you accept an L from the jump. I can actually leave thread earlier than expected.
    [IMG][IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

I'm just not going argue with you over trivial things that don't change the context of my argument. run along now.

By the way I don't consider it not "mooching" by the way, I still do, I just don't care whether you agree.

You'll note in my comment, I said "either way" contemplate what I was saying.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

It's actually easier to see seals for what they are now, now that DCUO has eliminated in-game ways to obtain them.
    • Like x 3
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Of course it's the way they should be, personal accountability.
  17. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

I don't care whether you agree with a dictionary xD Said it in another thread, but I argue facts, not perception and opinions.
  18. niteravn Active Player

It actually hurts them to block it. The people who Legitimately bought them to resell the on the broker now cannot. People used that to get in-game cash rather than selling on the broker or "pay $5 and get 10Mil in 20 minutes guaranteed ". But when you have this massive of theft, it has to stop. Maybe they can fix the issue and we can trade/broker them again. I don't know. That is on DB and ,rightfully so, the community to police ourselves by stopping it when it first happens instead of taking advantage of it and then COMPLAINING because the stopped the exploit.
    • Like x 2
  19. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

I'm upset by multiple reasons, and I'm sure most here are too.

1) They removed it without thinking about the players, not only they didn't give us another option (drops, marks, craft) or changed the % to make it easier to get, but also Mepps said that it was "Normal" for artifacts to fail and have you losing everything, basically "We don't care, just deal with it".

2) Mepps, trying to "justify the problem", said the catalyst prices are low ("John Constantine already sells catalysts super-duper cheap for Marks of Victory") when this couldn't be more incorrect. One may need 2-3k marks to get 1 (one, uno, um, un, 'n) artifact to level 160 and this will only get worse with time (Someone good at math could show you why this is so bad, but with some easy calculations you can already see the problem. Just use the test server and try some breakthroughs).

3) The major problem in my opnion is actually this: "and may one day make them tradeable again". Sorry if I'm offending someone, but this just shows a high level of ignorance, fixing seals (Or finding ways to put them in-game) should be top priority, why release a new system that DIRECTLY impacts gameplay if the ones who don't spend money DIRECTLY on the MP will be left behind with basically no other options?

So, yeah, I'm sad they took something away because someone CHEATED, but that's just a slice of the problem, a small one. In my opnion the main problem here is how the devs are leading this. Closing threads and saying: "Again, you do not have to" without at least trying to give us a solution won't solve the problem (obviously).

One may say: "But they are also losing money because of this, not their fault". That's when you see their priorities... Just think if it was about TCs not being tradeable...

Sorry if I said something that may have potentially offended someone.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes indeed, making items that people can buy from the MP account bound only does nothing but hurt DCUO financially.