#Transparency -- When will SEALS be tradable again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Melusine Midnight, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Dene Devoted Player

I agree - I do not believe they would do this because people were selling them on the broker.. there had to be something else to it
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

Jokes aside, everything on the MP has alternatives in game, whether it take longer or not. Breakthroughs are not the same. You fail, you lose all that you've earned and the rates go up and up.
    • Like x 3
  4. Draconiano Committed Player

As I said on the other thread, on EU PC, from time to time the broker was getting flooded with packs of 10 seals of completion for 25m and 100 seals of preservation for 30m.
    I thought it was someone who had a lot of real money and he was just exchanging it for in game money in a legal maner, but I guess it was the opposite, seems like it was some kind of glitch/exploit.
    Also, I remember someone saying that he could claim something from the marketplace as many times as he wished, but it was something not tradable, probably the exploit was similar to this.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

There is an alternative in game, keep grinding catalysts, keep trying... the seal is purchased just to prevent you from having to do so...
  6. BumblingB I got better.

That logic doesn't work because the catalyst count goes up but the chance of success goes way down. If it was static percentage, I'd agree with you. With the exponential rate of decrease happening, we will be at 0.5% chance in no time. And it's amusing, I'm not even talking in hyperbole based on the number changes between 20 and 160 breakthroughs.
    • Like x 4
  7. Proxystar #Perception

your argument is irrelevant because it doesn't change the concept.

The concept being, level up artifacts, as you level them up, more catalysts are required, the odds of breaking through decrease, this concept is similar when leveling anything up, even the Nth metal required increase exponentially.

There are two alternatives.

Free - Keep grinding out catalysts, keep trying to break through, keep doing it until it does - didn't say it would be easy.

Cost - Either guarantee your breakthrough $5 or $1.50 gives you 4 chances to keep your catalysts if it fails.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

Uh-huh. You know you are basically saying that a free addition to the game isn't free, right?

#perception

If the percentages are so low, the gamble "free" route as you put it, isn't worth the effort. In other words, you have to use the "cost" route. So in other words, it's not "free".
    • Like x 3
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're both "right" if that term applies here.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You don't have to use the cost route at all, it's just far far easier if you do, thus it is "free", certainly as equally "free" as this game is to play lol

The reality here too is that unless you're whaling (in which case you unlikely care) or you're playing heaps of alts and you're breaking them all through to 160, which I find highly unlikely unless you're whaling and again unlikely to care, you're simply not going to need many seals.

The levels in which you really want a seal of completion would be possibly 120, and most definiely 140 and 160, but again it isn't absolutely necessary.

This means for every artifact you level you might spend $15.

Also bear in mind that again unless you're whaling it, the time it takes you to get the Nth Metal required to even get to 140 and 160 means it'll be months between when you need to spend the $5.

So you know what, yes, yes you are being hyperbolic. The cost involved with the artifacts is a cost, but it's spread out over a pretty decent period of time and it's still very very minimal.
  11. Entrust Committed Player

I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out, but the cost of seals does not exceed the monthly amount of DB/Loyalty cash members receive each month as part of their membership.

So members can buy 1 seal of completion each month, or multiple packs of preservation seals.

I'm fairly certain the membership bonus was taken into consideration when determining the pricing of seals.

So yes, membership does include a means to make ranking artifacts easier, "IF" a player chooses to.
    • Like x 1
  12. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Dumb easy to get and you don't even have the feat for a 140 breakthrough or a solar amplifier at rank 20 implying you dps lol
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I was talking about the percentages being a hyperbole. Not sure how you ended up with my other points being included, but it's probably just me.

Right now, the 160 breakthrough is ridiculously low. 10% I believe. Next level cap it will go even lower. Then the next one and the next one. 0.5% chance is essentially 0% in terms of RNG.

It's kind of sad that they are exponentially decreasing success rate. Considering lower levels it's increment didn't look so bad. If you can allow me to put on my tin foil hat, it looks like they did that to promote sales of the seals of completion. But no way they would do that. :p

In the end, I buy from the MP, but they are making the game less and less fun and more and more money grab. It's their prerogative to do so, but I really loved this game and stuck around for a very long time. It's starting to become a money pit to have fun in it anymore. But that's a personal belief and doesn't change my initial point that you so argue against.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

Every time someone bring up anything that cost money, someone bring up the monthly 5$. It's only 5$ a month. Can't use that excuse for everything
    • Like x 1
  15. Entrust Committed Player

Please show me where I've used "that excuse" before.

Regardless if others have brought up the membership reward for other marketplace items it is still a valid point.

Members get marketplace currecy each month. The price of any seal does not exceed that amount.

Both statements are true & relevant to the topic.
    • Like x 2
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Is your name someone? At some point it become invalid. DCUO have to many things that cost money to keep using 5$ a month as a valid point.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Such as what? What else do you need off the MP?
    • Like x 2
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

You make an argument and will try to argue your argument you invented. Where did I say anything about needing anything? You said need, so you can come back with the "you don't need <insert item> to pass content". the 5$ a month is a worn out excuse used for almost everything in DC that cost money. Artifact, replays, seals, respec tokens, TCs, etc. At the end of the day it's 5$ a month and DC have to many things that cost for that to be a valid point.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I was just arguing that there is a free route, which there is, as long as the developers keep a success rate above 0% they'll be able to argue that point forever.

The only reason I'm not so vehemently opposed to it is because it naturally takes so long to level up an artifact we're talking $5 maybe every 2-3 months, cause that's how long it'll take to gather the necessary Nth Metal under the current system.

Would I rather be able to do it completely free, sure, but the cost is pretty minimal and also I can use my sub perk to get them when necessary easily enough, so its not really a cost over and above my membership.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, YOU just made that argument. Players can get a FREE Seal of Completion or a pack of Seals of Preservation once a month as part of their sub. Your response was:
    So what "many things that cost money" are required? We already receive free Replays as well so those don't count. I'm all ears.