Can't believe this isn't in the game already ( For the Devs )

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Darth_Andrea, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I've been playing for a while, and I am honestly astounded there is nothing in the game for players to, at minimum, write a short bio for their characters. I believe at one time there was a comic published based on the game using some player characters in it. Given that is no longer the case an ability for players to write their own short story or history for their characters would be a great addition.
    • Like x 5
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

It would just be abused, like existing Chats are now.
    • Like x 4
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Having a 'background' has never been an encouraged aspect of this game: no 'civilian' identity, no origin story, and now they are trying to move away from people having Alts
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

In EQ2, there is a tab on your character window where you can write a brief bio for anyone who cares to examine you
    • Like x 1
  5. Megzilla Developer

Thanks for your post, I'll add it to the list of suggestions. :)
    • Like x 7
  6. SuperBell Loyal Player

What do you mean by civilian identity? We have armories that switch outfits.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

meg.. Not exactly sure how hands on he is these days but a good place to start would be with Jack Emmert. He was in charge of City of heroes for years and they had a really good tab for personal bios. Nothing really LONG but you could write up your own personal bio .. about a paragraph or so and other players could click on you and read what you wrote.

We had some very talented players with outstanding bios ..

Yeah Tybee like just about anything else I am sure we'd have bios filled with X rated material.... But what's the difference? We can see that in shout ant time you visit Metropolis , Gotham or even the watch tower at the right time of day. Davbreak and DCUO would be fine because that would fall under the same category as in game char... Not rated because its the player doing it NOT the dev team. Why deny everyone something fun to do because we have a few idiots? they did that we wouldn't be able to do anything at all since our illustrious community can manage to find ways to abuse just about anything LOL
    • Like x 3
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I do not want to think what some people will write in their bio *shudders*
  9. Kuno Loyal Player

Jack Emmert has took 0 ideas from City of Heroes, which was a original wonder for its time. Instead he takes ideas from CO, since he was on charge of it too, and now we have TC and events and more auras and materials.
    Not sure how this guy is supposed to develop this game for a better state, he seem to be doing the opposite.

Anyways, in beta there were hints at a secret identity but we never got anything from it. A bio for other players to see wouldnt be that difficult.
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was talking about things like real names, you know, like Bruce Banner and Peter Parker

Personally, only characters for me who don't have a 'real' name are Blacquelight and Cyana (Cyana started out as 'Major Magnum' butt there are so many of them she dropped her rank and used her real name, both are aliens so don't really have a 'Super' name to hide their identity)
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Talking about list of suggestions, is it possible to add voice to character emotes?
  12. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Star Trek Online also has a place where you can write a brief bio for other to look at, if they want. I wouldn't keep people from doing it because someone might put obscene things in it. I see obscene stuff in chat all the time. You can't see what's in a bio unless you go out of your way to view it. If you view a bio that has really nasty content, take a screen shot and report.

If they ever did allow a bio, I would ask they make it something more than just 1000 characters. Doesn't have to be long enough to let someone write a book, but a few thousand characters I don't think would take up that much space.
  13. Megzilla Developer

I am sure it's possible from a tech standpoint but raises concerns. From a player perspective, will it break immersion because in your head your character doesn't sound like that? Also I'm pretty sure that's signing up for something else to abuse. If you've ever played Overwatch I'm sure you've been exposed to voice line spamming.
    • Like x 2
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

True that, like I’d require a full set of English regional accents or it just wouldn’t work for me ;)
  15. IcyStone Well-Known Player

I dont really want screams in the wt all the time
  16. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol some of my friends a small group have very unique names . I can't wait to see there bio lol smh.
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

What are you talking about? If anything, recent changes such as Style Unlocking actually ENCOURAGE MORE USE of Alts! ;):p
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

And While we are at it.. Lets get these done ASAP for a better Quality of LIFE in game.
    1. Can we PLEASE ADD COMMAS to the BROKER placements and during a Trade transaction.. Dealing with a hundreds of millions of dollars in game, and we ALL as a community take A BIG RISK trading cash, without displaying commas. Would hate to send an extra 0 because the game fails to give us COMMAS???
    2. Can we update the "already collected" option on broker needs to be FIXED or updated.. When its selected im still seeing things that ive already collected..
    3. Add categories like materials, artifacts,auras, etc for a better sorting.. Reason being is most times we may not remember the name of an item we are looking for but can find it better, if we had better sorting options. There is probably well over 100,000 things on the broker. We need efficient sorting options.
    4. An Auto Mail delete(NON ATTACHMENTS) after 72 hours after reading the mail. To Delete the tons of mail i have its very annoying, and the game doesnt make it any easier to delete mail. Sometimes my mail with attachments are sandwiched between all my empty read mails..
    5. Can WE FINALLY see our friends on MAP?? If someone is on my friends list, i should be able to see them locally on map(similar to in group functions but with an EXCLUSIVE color) The game population is already small as it is, keeping people unified and the feeling of somewhat togetherness will surely extend the lifespan of this game.
    6. Now that the games population on the PC/PS4 side has decreased immensely. I think the "SAY" and "SHOUT" channels should be retweaked. SAY should replace as what SHOUT is currently providing for us NOW. And SHOUT should be UPGRADED to the entire HERO or Villains populous but within the same time restrictions as LFG/TRADE. Alot of people are currently using trade for that which is counter productive to it actually being a "TRADE channel". Hope that makes sense.
    7. This is a long shot but it WOULD BE COOL if we can see what other people Q'ed up for to encourage motivation for people to Q older content... So lets say I open my On Duty menu and i want to Q up SUNSTONE, and i HYPOTHETICALLY see they already have 7/8 people already q'ed up, i think that would encourage me to q up with them as i would get in right away. Like i said.. This one is a long shot. lol
    BUT DEFINITELY1-6 is a MUST!!! :)
  19. Thunderstrikke Well-Known Player

1. "Can we PLEASE ADD COMMAS to the BROKER placements and during a Trade transaction.. Dealing with a hundreds of millions of dollars in game, and we ALL as a community take A BIG RISK trading cash, without displaying commas. Would hate to send an extra 0 because the game fails to give us COMMAS???
    2. Can we update the "already collected" option on broker needs to be FIXED or updated.. When its selected im still seeing things that ive already collected..
    3. Add categories like materials, artifacts,auras, etc for a better sorting.. Reason being is most times we may not remember the name of an item we are looking for but can find it better, if we had better sorting options. There is probably well over 100,000 things on the broker. We need efficient sorting options"
    This 1,000 times over! especially #1 - I've gotten caught with using 1 less zero a few times already. I mean, how hard could that fix be?
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Materials have their own category under Styles in the broker. Auras have their own category, called Accessories, under Styles in the broker.
    • Like x 1