Henchmen

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Can you please update our lair base Henchmen? They don't do any power attacks..only weapon. They are supposed to level with us, however, they all only do about 1k DPs total for the whole time they are out. They are actually worthless to have.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Are you dissing the ninjas?
    • Like x 2
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Ninjas also only do 1k DPS. Just go to any sparring target, let them out, hit the target 1 time and wait till they go away, parser will not go higher than between 1K and 1.2K
    • Like x 1
  4. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Yea they are worthless. There’s no balance.
    • Like x 1
  5. Entrust Committed Player

Don't henchmen/backup-units still do additional damage to bosses on their first attack?

Parsing on a dummy will not give you their true damage potential if that is the case.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Yes they do and some also do 10% more damage in certain content.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Henchmen are better for 4-player and 8-player content to provide some extra damage. And henchmen act in a similar manner to Pets and with each upgrade allowing the Henchmen to be more effective in supporting you,
    [IMG] though.
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I Can see a artifact in the future to buff these guys.
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah they are pretty much only okay for pre combat activations. And even then it's basically only the sewer henchmen one should use. They outshine all others by quite a bit.

Manbat and all the others are weak.
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

20% of the time they don't do anything.
    • Like x 1
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I used Log Analyser, They are worthless and don't belong in a loadout until they update them. BTW, the first hit is the only good damage they do....and they don't do it every time.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Their first initial power attack (Lightning Bolts) always triggers when they enter combat (unless they are bugged like the Atlantean/Qwardian Henchmen). It does a few k damage and afterwards they do normal weapon attacks until they leave.

Also it's better to see a 30s parse to see their total damage done. Damage per second does not make the cut for me, considering they have a ~5min cooldown and stay for 20 seconds. That's also why 10s parses are useless (imo).

As for these 30s parsers, the Sewer henchmen do around 50k during that time, all others won't make it above 45k, some don't even reach 30k.

I agree that it is still low, but it's also basically free damage that also spawns adds that split damage or block certain things. Not the greatest but as an on-switch trinket they are at least decent. I would never ever equip them by default though. Slayer Rune, Boo Trinkets, LexCorp Bot and others are just way better.
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Ryuvain Active Player

Actually you can use henchmen along with the ones you listed. They share a cooldown with sidekick which they are useless compared to. They need to be a good alternative to sidekick so they need to do more dps, heal, shield, taunt, and power heal to hold a candle to sidekick.

Only thing they beat sidekick at is style, so I use henchmen. Lol.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

Henchmen are great in certain boss fights. PanoE last boss and ZooE second boss come to mind. Their role as meat shields should not be just forgotten about in the pursuit of the endless obsession with damage.
    • Like x 4
  16. Ryuvain Active Player

Yeah they can be useful, but I find there they die in 1-2 hits. (3 if they get to drink a soder before dying.) At least sidekick gives you a shield and healing.

Not trying to attack your point as I use henchmen over sidekick myself. Just wish they were more useful.
    • Like x 1
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

For me, the pet ‘dream’ would be being able to summon weak versions of your alts. It would be the coolest thing ever. I’d pay money for that.
    • Like x 3
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Henchmen are not supposed to do what a sidekick does. The sidekick is supposed to be more of a supportive pet, the henchments should be aggressive.
    And of course, you can use them in between. I never denied that ^^ I just said that they shouldn't be your go-to pets when there are way stronger pets with lower cooldowns around :p
    • Like x 1
  19. August Moon Well-Known Player

Or , and here me out on this, you can wait till halloween event comes around , run it into the ground and get a boo jr which does damage , gives a shield and increase your might or precision by 100+
    • Like x 1
  20. Ryuvain Active Player

True, but why have henchmen and sidekick share a cooldown? Henchmen actually do way less weapon damage than the sidekick. Not sure about adding their blast attack though.

You can use those with henchmen and sidekick. All pet trinkets share a cooldown with each other while henchmen and sidekick share their own cooldown with each other.
    • Like x 1