Size Manipulation, Serums without the needles.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Calicals New Player

I don't understand why needles are protest worthy but shooting people is not especially with all the killings late last year. I don't even see the needle animation
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Being a long-time LSH fan I love the idea of size manipulation, however I'm not sure it'd be a good fit for the game for a couple of reasons.

First if the growth was anything more that 50% bigger it could cause clipping issues in any number of instances with close quarters such as the hallways of FOS1. It would be kinda lame if you couldn't get any bigger than Bane's rage size, if it was to be in game I'd wanna go Giganta size.

Second in PVP it'd likely be exploited. Growth could be used to block ppls ability to see targets. Shrinking, if it was anything more than the small body frame, would also be a bit on the unfair side for pvp.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Would love to create a Atom type of character or a Giant Man.

Having size changing powers could be awesome.... but it is very easy to see how it could go wrong and be abused by players.

Hopefully the Devs can find a solution to those issues and give us a size changing power.
    Guess we will have to wait and see.
  4. Hamurabi Jones Committed Player

I know it's a bit of a stretch <groan>, but couldn't growing/ shrinking be a tree for the Morphing power? That way you get your Captain Atoms and Dwarf Stars, but also your Plastic Mans and Elongated Mans ( put that way, it looks ridiculous, but why change the pattern for the sake of proper grammar). Morphing would also lend itself to tanking, what with pulls, damage mitigation, etc. Truth be told, I would be satisfied if it was just Growing and Shrinking, or if Density Manipulation was thrown in.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That has always been a rumor, that people spread for some reason. The fact that the power got as far as it did shows that it had approval and didn't make anyone nervous about drug use.

As we do know it both Atomic and Serums were having a lot of issues as they were originally meant to be, so changes needed to be made. Making Atomic a tank power solved it's issues but it would seem Serums got worst and then the possibility of Water came along, giving them the opening to cut their losses on Serums.

At this point, yes Water is the last power. As we have known since 2014 when they announced the coming 3 powers (Munitions, Atomic and Serums) they had to scrape out every last bit of memory space they could just for them.
  6. DC Urban Committed Player

I get into trouble making too many threads, so I decided to bump this one. This may surprise many, but this power is actually doable; very doable. Perhaps the easiest power to implement other than the standard elemental wizards

In CO, the visual size effect was only visible to the player. They added a device not to long ago that allows the player to reach Anti- Monitor heights ,but only the player could see it. It works in combat too.

https://***********.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/DCUO_6-Year-Anniversary_Anti-Monitor_01-1024x576.jpg

Imagine going toe to toe with this guy at his height level.

CO is really the most innovative, creative MMO on the market when it comes to customization and power concepts, despite working with a small team because PWE focus on NW and STO. What they can do with what they are working with is amazing.

Giganta powerset would be nice. Throw in Killer Croc head, and you got Zilla :D .
  7. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

The comparison with another game is kinda useless but we've had Bane's size change power in the game for years, along with artifact weapons that also make you large (and change your body type on the fly). I can't see how that would make a full powerset, but the tech is there and we could get it as an iconic power at least. Then there's the thing where they mentioned impriting body types on armories long ago which would also be nice.
  8. Kuno Loyal Player

Size manipulation could be easy as an iconic powers and a boost to damage/defense but we cant have nice things in this game...
  9. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

The power set would be a lot like rage i assume where most of its combat would be within melee range... they could pull together a lot of characters for inspiration ... giganta/clayface/atom smasher/ Apache chief... if they actually added Apache i would go crazy

But is ee all the abilities being very physical lots of ground stomps over handed hits wrestling style moves

If they incorporated stretch abilities with it.... again plastic man clayface etc. you could have a clothe line ability that you streatch your arms out and spin knocking enemies down in a 360 degree while in tank stance;.. clay face could defin8tely be the inspiration for the “Shield” hardenin the skin etc.

This would be a fun power set id like to see it happen
  10. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I can see your point, but most of that is simply weapon combos - just in big. So really, for size changing it would probably be enough to just have an iconic power to grow (maybe even in stages like Bane) and maybe one or two more iconics for stuff like the stomp attack.

Stretching... yeah I don't think that's even technically possible. Would be funny to see though.
  11. DC Urban Committed Player

Not useless when the entire point is to make growth only visible to the player. I am not asking them to transfer Unreal 3 to Cryptic engine, just allow size increase to only be seen by the player. If you are gonna be Anti-Monitor huge, players will complain about visibility.

I agree with the rest. Bane has been in the game for years. You would think this would be be most likely power, or would have happened by now.