new thing in Gotham under siege? (Mepps should read it too)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

How delightfully analog, LOL
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

It did prevent me from completing my mission. Because I couldn't defeat the boss.
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

PvP phase, problem solved. If there are griefers there as well, kill'em.

Also, this is some major bs if these are really griefers. The time spent there could have been invested in finding a job or something that keeps those peeps from griefing. Some job in a sewage plant would fit them I guess...
    • Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Seems more like indifference to someone else trying to get missions accomplished by AFK Nth metal farming vs. actual malice. And since they were AFKing with such indifference they probably were at a job, maybe a bank executive or other job where being an absolute sociopath would help them. You can have an amazingly high-paying career if you don't give a single <expletive deleted> about anyone but yourself, LOL.
  5. Yaiba Committed Player

If you can't finish mission that day then maybe another day :cool: :cool: :cool:
  6. Saturn Girl Committed Player

In fact they must have their own stuffs to do in the older missions like you, no one likes to waste their time for no reason.
    This is not needed to be reported, they are just playing, and this is the online world, try grouping up with them to make your jobs easier.
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Yes you can. Its called a rubber band on block button or tape.
    If you go to an area that frequently fills with NPCs and you are high enough CR your block will kill them eventually and you'll never go idle and dc.

Hold block long enough and you'll see it. Its a bug that was reported directly to Mepps over 1.5 yrs ago.
    You can see how much they cared since its still there
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

This is 100% it, they're not even behind their computer. Just knock them away with one of the balls that drop from the vault quite regularly now or if you have the gorilla form trinket use the barrels to knock them away.
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

I don't play with a controller but can't they just tape down the button? I know for a while with prom boxes some people were putting rubber bands on the controllers so they player would stay active running about and then just the leave the game on while they went to work/school.

Alternatively on PC this could be a bot and possibly a means to gold farm.

Either way if it's as the OP described it should probably be looked into.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I hopped on briefly to have a look. I murdered several players that appeared to be doing this, to see if they were afk. They were. Automated play when you are not at the keyboard is definitely a terms of service violation. We will keep this on our radar.
    • Like x 32
  11. Eve YouTuber

Thanks Mepps, this was really annoying to deal with today, I just wanted to finish my missions and never go back there.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

LOL, at a certain point ingenuity just becomes idiocy
  13. Mazahs Loyal Player

Why not fix. I myself and at least 1 other reported this a LONG time ago.
    Pretty easy to spot.
  14. Mazahs Loyal Player

People were.doing this with PS2 on Gran Turismo A Spec.
    Idiocy woukd imply "stupid behavior"

This is a way to do a never ending grind. I'm surprised this thread is an Ah Hah moment for some.
    Been happening for a while now, for.people to farm things like 5 Bazallion reapers in CC
  15. L T Devoted Player

00Mepps !
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

Off-topic, but please keep players who don't do anything in content on radar too.
    • Like x 2
  17. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Can i watch the replay of you killing them ;):D
    • Like x 6
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Doesn't matter as Mepps said it's a violation of the terms of service.

Doesn't matter how long it's been going on or the motive.

There is no counter argument or justification
    • Like x 6
  19. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well that's actually what everyone did when lockboxes first started dropping because they were tied to time spent in game and would auto drop instead of from combat and they had all those new feats tied them etc. I know plenty of people that would either rubber band or set a macro to run around metro or to superspeed around a light post and go to work and come home with 20 lockboxes in their inventory they could open.
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I'd watch a dcuo stream of Mepps ko-ing them, make a toon for it so no one knows when Mepps log in, secret annihilation of rude players :p :D
    • Like x 4