Second Chance Vendor For Time Cap Items Coming In GU87

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Sep 11, 2018.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

ASL? But jokes aside, a mount is a creature you can ride in WoW. It's a mode of transportation like a vehicle but furry/feathery/scaly.
    • Like x 1
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Ohh. Lol, yeah I was never an MMO type of guy. I just fell in love with DC when I was in middle school and stuck with it through all these years. It was the only game I use to play. For 7 years
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm really hoping they don't go over board in pricing future stuff on the second chance vendor, actual styles shouldn't be more than around 1,000-2,000 quarks at most and i'd probably be most comfortable with them leaving most stuff at around 500 quarks to 1,000. i did the math and a legendary player can make roughly little over 2,798,quarks from opening capsules regularly through the stabilizer duo annually (provided they optimally don't take any items presented to them and JUST take the quarks and sub capsule bonus quarks). meanwhile free to play players (also selecting the optimal amount of quarks per capsule/sub capsule) get roughly 1679 quarks annually naturally. the best way to average up costs is to do the math on annual quark earnings per class of player and regiment the prices based on the financial accessibility of 80% to 100% of the player populace. since free to play and premium can make little over 1,000 quarks under the best conditions yearly, the best solution is to price most items at 500-1,000 quarks and the materials and other marketable items at 2,000 or above (little over the premium and f2p annual quark level earned but by a reasonable amount capable of being gapped by two or three purchases.)
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure how they could over price something that if gotten legit from capsules(mats mainly), with RNG rates being what they are, could take 100's of TCs to open...for most multiple 100's. If you attributed 10 quarks to each capsule opened at the same rate you would even have a chance at opening all 12 collections pieces per mat, including the 2 really hard ones then the single nearly impossible one, I don't think 2000-3000 is out of the question. Moreso with the feat points involved and the corresponding money you would have had to spend to buy the same collections in the broker. Heck the resplendent cache is over 5000 and that only carries a title feat.

Once again it's an insult to those of us who have either spend time and money (either in game or real world money) to get this stuff done, only to have things handed out. What? Some new guy who started yesterday can't get a feat done in the next few months that someone else spent weeks, months, or years trying to finally finish? Well, that's unfortunate.

Now if you want to make the old TCs available so that they have a chance to open some, that's fine. Put them up for 1 quark or X many MoV, or make the stabilizer run reward a selectable TC....then they can have their chance to grind things out like everyone else did.

Reinheld
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

given that 1,000-2,000 quarks gained through no purchases and plenty of grinding would quite frankly take most players a good 1-2 years to obtain i really don't see the reasoning of this post, especially since the second chance vendor will most likely be updated every two or so years. there aren't exactly "handouts" being given, if you spent money good for you as the saying goes "money held close at hand, burns a hole in one's pocket." can't really blame anybody for that especially when loads of people including myself are more than willing to earn it the hard way through time instead, which also invalidates your second point and first about the players "not grinding enough" or "being handed something we put time and effort into." it's not making them grind any less, just adding a certainty that that grind was worth it. the only thing i've seen be a "hand out" in this game were the occasional cosmetics like the bat man shirts today/the summer beach towels, and the halloween grab bag given out at halloween with a smoke aura. the first group wasn't really fancy enough to be considered "valuable" so that leaves only the grab bag. there really shouldn't be any complaints about players grinding for a year or two to get things, they too are putting in the effort.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If by 'effort' you mean 'money' sure....that works. BTW comparing the hand out of the beach towels and halloween base item boxes to any of the rare TC items means nothing. One was something you had to work towards by grind or money(for some LOTS of money)...one was given away to everyone equally.

But luckily this is 'merica where everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can have yours and I can have mine. You are probably one of the exceptions if you are going to grind 2 years worth of daily fragment runs to get yours. Most will just take the opportunity to pay for the sure thing. "What's different than just buying your way into getting them from TCs as always has been available?" you ask? The removal of RNG, which in itself is fine, but if that was all they were trying to accomplish, just lower the RNG rates in the first place. I have all these things already (and haven't put in more than $40 other than sub in 2 years), so I guess I shouldn't be concerned really. All I know for sure is this is another way for DBG to create micro transactions vs compelling content or fixing long standing bugs. Take the short money vs the long money with 'want it now' vs subscriptions. If you think this is a way to help you out getting that 1 missing thing from old TCs, you are mistaken. If they wanted to do that, they'd put the collections like Flaming Phoenix Feather in the AF3 episode vendor for 999 Marks of Fury or whatever, not behind a quark paywall. There would be no way to straight buy your way to getting that....even if you are using (and paying for) replays you'd be running content.

Meh....no surprises here, sorry I brought it up. Enjoy your new materials.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is still to be determined.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I see, thanks for the reply
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

What I would like to see as an experiment for one dlc would be to take the contents of one time capsule and all of their associated collections and place them into that dlc as drops you get from running content.

if you're a member.
    • Like x 1
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

If it looks you are going that route I might start looking that the UI. Ideally tabs for groups of content as otherwise that'll be a long list to scroll down even after 4-6 capsules.
  11. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

Either way Daybreak wins because you still have to open Time Capsules to get Quarks XD.